What Are Advantages Of Purchasing HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy?
Updated On Jan 07, 2022
Table of Contents
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance was created in 2002 as a joint venture between HDFC Limited and ERGO International. Through its wide network of 200+ branches scattered throughout 170+ locations, the firm offers a variety of insurance products such as health, motor, travel, personal accident, marine, and others. Indemnity plans, fixed benefit plans, Mediclaim plans, critical illness plans, and Top-up plans are among the insurance policies offered by HDFC ERGO. It also provides a wide range of health services, including cashless facilities at over 10,000 hospitals and day-care treatments.
With the consent of the 'Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India,' Apollo Munich Health Insurance amalgamated with HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company Ltd in November 2020. (IRDAI). ICRA's IAAA rating and ISO certifications for claim support demonstrate the company's competence to resolve disputes. To know more about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policy, read on.
Different Types Of Health Plans Offered By HDFC ERGO
HDFC Ergo Health Insurance provides a variety of health plans to meet all of your medical needs while also keeping you financially secure. They include insurance for individuals, families, older persons, those with severe diseases, Women Suraksha plans, and even COVID-19 coverage, which is essential in these exceptional times.
Following are the listed health plans offered by HDFC ERGO -
1. Optima Restore Health Insurance Plan
Optima Restore takes care of all of your medical needs at a reasonable cost. The plan provides comprehensive coverage with no limitations. The Optima Restore Individual and Optima Restore Family plans are also available. The Family Floater plan includes a 360-degree protection cover that ensures financial stability for all family members in the event of a medical emergency or hospitalisation.
Following are the offerings under the plan -
- This plan provides 60 days of pre-hospitalisation coverage and 180 days of post-hospitalisation coverage.
- The policyholder will be covered for day care operations that last less than 24 hours. There are no room rent sublimits in the plan.
- The Optima Restore plan provides full coverage for room rent up to the insured amount.
- Preventive health checkups for up to Rs. 5,000 are available at the time of renewal. This plan includes frequent health tests that maintain track of your overall health and aid in illness detection.
- Pre- and post-hospitalisation coverage is available for up to 60 and 180 days, respectively. Pre-hospitalisation charges are covered 60 days before admission for any condition, illness, or accident, and post-hospitalisation expenses are covered for 90 days.
- This coverage also covers child care expenditures, charges incurred at the patient's home for treatment, and other similar costs.
- When harvesting a major organ transplant, get coverage for the organ donor's medical and surgical expenditures.
2. My: Health Suraksha Insurance
Individuals, families, and older persons will be completely protected under this strategy. There are no room rent ceilings, no sub limits for any sickness, free annual health screenings, and much more.
Following are the offerings under the plan -
- If the present sum insured is depleted, the policyholder will get an extra sum insured (up to the base sum covered) under the plan's rebound cover.
- The plan has a payment option that allows you to pay your premiums in instalments.
- Pre-hospitalisation coverage is provided for 60 days, and post-hospitalisation coverage is provided for 180 days.
- It provides tax advantages under section 80D. Up to 45 years of age, this plan is available without a medical exam.
- This policy is available as an individual or as a family floater.
- It offers a 15-day free lookup time to return this plan.
The standard HDFC Ergo health insurance policy does not cover the policyholder outside of the country's geographical borders. However, by adding an optional Global Cover rider to their health insurance plan, one may have global coverage. By adding this coverage to a conventional health insurance policy, a policyholder can get coverage even if they are travelling outside of the nation.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.