What You Need to Know About Bharat Series Number Plates?
Updated On Oct 18, 2023
The Ministry of Transport has introduced a new number series are known as the tare knew art Series, which is denoted by the letter 'BH.
Table of Contents
The Ministry of Transport has introduced a new number series are known as the tare knew art Series, which is denoted by the letter 'BH.' According to the Transport Ministry, a vehicle with this number plate would allow Indian individuals to transport their automobiles or vehicles from one state to another without having to go through the time-consuming and inconvenient procedure of changing the number plate.
Things You Need To Know About Bharat Series Number Plates
The following are the most relevant details regarding the new BH series license plate:
Bharat Number Series: What Is It?
This series is for drivers who travel from one state to another on a daily or more frequent basis. The state letters on the number plate that designate the state of car registration will be replaced by BH (which stands for Bharat). Private cars will be covered by number plates with a white background and black numbers.
What Are the Qualifications for the New BH Series?
The following individuals or businesses are eligible to apply for the new series:
- Personnel in the military
- Government employees from both the federal and state levels
- Central/State PSUs, as well as several private sector companies/organizations, have offices in five or more states/Union Territories
The Number Plate's Format
- The new number series plate has the following format: YY BH #### XX
- The letter YY stands for the year of the initial registration.
- The code for the Bharat Series is BH.
- #### - a number between 0000 and 9999 that will be chosen at random
- Alphabets from AA to ZZ are represented by the letter XX.
The BH Series' Advantages
The car tax will be charged for two years or more under the new number plate series. The unfettered movement of private automobiles across India would be made easier under this arrangement. At the time of selling, the vehicle must also have new state registration. This new Bharat series will make it easier to transfer ownership of previously owned vehicles.
What is the procedure for applying?
When applying for the new BH series number plate, keep the following procedures in mind:
- The car owner should apply at the RTO where they purchased the vehicle. To demonstrate his employment, the car owner must provide a government-issued ID.
- Depending on how long they lived in the state where they bought the automobile, the owner must pay road tax for only 2 years, 4 years, or 6 years.
- There is no need for a 'No Objection Certificate' in the new BH series because there is no state involvement. Within the new state, the owner can apply for re-registration immediately.
- The tax levied by that state will be used. For the new registration, the owner might wait until the previous tenure expires.
- If the new owner fails to renew the RC within the specified time limit, the vehicle will be fined if the Traffic Police find it.
- If the owner wishes to pay the new state's road tax, a refund is available. A request for a refund of the parent state's road tax must be submitted to do so.
When a vehicle's owner moves to a different state, the new BH Series eliminates the need to re-register it. If you have work that necessitates regular travel and transfers from one state to another, the new BH series will come in handy.