Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
As per the statistics over 1.32 lakhs people had died in 2020 due to road accidents. Taking into consideration the number of deaths, it is important to have a bike insurance plan in order to ensure much-needed financial protection during the time of emergency. To enhance the coverage of the standard two-wheeler insurance plan, a policyholder can opt for add-on covers by paying a little extra premium amount.
This add on does not take depreciation rates into consideration at the time of claim settlement
No claim bonus
NCB benefit is retained despite making claim in a policy year
Engine repair and replacement costs are covered
Return to invoice
Full amount mentioned in vehicle’s invoice is given in case of theft or complete damage
In case of vehicle breakdown or emergency, assistance is provided. Also includes taxi support, fuel support, etc.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What Is a Two-wheeler Insurance Add-on Covers?
Two-wheeler insurance add-on covers are additional coverages which can be availed with comprehensive as well as standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance plans. The bike insurance add-on covers are available for an additional premium but are worth the cost as they significantly enhance the coverage of a basic plan. Two-wheeler insurance add-ons are just like an icing on the cake which strengthens the coverage of your two-wheeler. There are a variety of bike add-on covers which can be opted along with the two-wheeler insurance plans. Some of them are zero depreciation, passenger assistance cover etc.
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
Types of Add-On Covers in Two Wheeler Insurance
Find below a list of add-on covers in bike insurance to buy online:
The availability of two-wheeler insurance add-ons varies from one 2 wheeler insurer to another. The following are some add-on covers in two-wheeler insurance that a general insurance company provides to its customers:
1. Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation is a natural phenomenon that occurs with the passage of time. By default, the burden of bearing the cost of depreciation incurred by a two-wheeler rests with the vehicle’s owner. A zero depreciation cover helps you reduce the stress of bearing the depreciation expenses of your vehicle so that you can claim a bigger amount. Most of the insurers allow the policyholder to make a maximum of 2 zero depreciation claims, however, some insurers such as IFFCO Tokio General Insurance, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company and New India Assurance Company allow unlimited zero depreciation claims during the policy tenure.
2. Consumables Cover
Consumables Add On Cover in two wheeler Insurance provides coverage for all the consumable items of a bike such as a grease, lubricants clip, bearings, fuel filter, oil filter, brake oil, nut and bolt, screw, etc, which are not usually covered in a standard own-damage insurance policy.
3. Roadside Assistance Cover
Roadside assistance cover in bike insurance provides you the most required assistance when you get stuck in the middle of a road or highway in case of a mechanical breakdown of glitch in your two-wheeler. The add-on cover protects you in case of flat tyre, fuel delivery, towing vehicle, battery drain, on-site minor repairs, etc.
4. Key Loss Cover
Key Replacement Add-On in two wheeler insurance compensates the policyholder for the loss of key(s). It also provides a spare key in the minimum possible time.
5. Passenger Assistance Cover
Passenger Cover add-on provides protection to the pillion rider as well, which regular health insurance plans do not always offer. it provides compensation to the co-passenger in case the pillion rider gets disabled or dies in an accident.
6. Engine Safe Cover
Engine Protection cover keeps the policyholder financially protected in case of damaged engine/parts that require repair. If staying in a flood-prone area, this add-on cover is a must-buy.
7. Loss of Personal Belongings
With this add-on, the policyholder can avail benefit if the monetary loss is suffered by him/her.
8. Return To Invoice
Return to Invoice cover allows the policyholder to get the full invoice price of your vehicle in case the insured’s vehicle suffers Total Loss, Constructive Total Loss (CTL) or theft.
9. Daily Allowance
By opting for this add-on the policyholder gets a daily allowance from the insurance company when the two-wheeler is lost or is out for repairs.
10. Protection of NCB
This add-on helps the policyholder to protect the No Claim Bonus even if he/she raises a claim during the policy year. generally, the NCB is not affected in the first two claims.
11. Tyre Damage Cover
Tyre Protection Add-On in two-wheeler insurance provides cover for damages such as puncture or bursting of tyres, in-tyre bulge, cut on a tyre because of an accident, etc.
Benefits of Add-On Covers in Two-Wheeler Insurance
Listed below are some of the benefits of add-on covers in two-wheeler insurance:
- Get Roadside Assistance: In the event of emergency like vehicle breakdown, one can easily avail the Roadside assistance add-on cover. This add-on cover provides emergency roadside assistance like toeing, fuel, flat tyre through tyre cover, on-spot repair, etc, which makes it a good inclusion to your basic comprehensive bike insurance plan.
- Safeguards Your Bike’s Depreciation: The value of your bike’s body parts will reduce because of normal wear and tear with time. This is referred to as depreciation. At the time of settling claims, the insurance provider does not cover the cost of depreciation, and you are required to bear the remaining repair cost bill. However, by choosing a zero depreciation add-on cover one can avoid the cost of depreciation.
- Retain NCB Discount: When a policyholder raises a claim during insurance plan tenure, they can lose out on their accumulated NCB discount. This discount can be earned by not raising any claim during the previous insurance plan tenure. However, in case you think that there are higher chances of raising a claim, then you can purchase this add-on cover to retain your NCB.
- Offers Cover for Disabilities and Death: In the event of disability and death of the owner-driver of the insured two-wheeler, then a Personal Accident add-on cover provides financial cover against death/disabilities maximum up to Rs. 15 Lakhs. This add-on is mandated by the law. Moreover, you can also purchase an optional PA cover for the passengers to offer protection to your loved ones in the event of an unfortunate accident.
- Consumables Add-On for Engine Protection and Accessories: Under a basic comprehensive bike insurance policy, the bike’s engine and consumables such as gearbox oil, screw, lubricants, engine oil, etc are not offered any coverage. With the Engine protection and accessories add-on covers, the repair or replacement cost for them is covered.
Read more: Use Bike Insurance Calculator to calculate the bike insurance premium along with these add-ons.
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Bike Insurance By Popular Bike Manufacturers
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Price
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Price
- View Honda Shine Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Price
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Insurance Price
- View Hero Passion XTEC Insurance Price
- View Honda Unicorn Insurance Price
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Price
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Price
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Price
- View Ola S1 Pro Insurance Price
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Price
- View TVS iQube Electric Insurance Price
- View Yamaha Aerox 155 Insurance Price
- View Honda Dio Insurance Price
- View Yamaha MT 15 V2 Insurance Price
- View TVS Apache RTR 310 Insurance Price
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Price
- View TVS Raider Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Price
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Price
- View Yamaha R15S Insurance Price
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Price
- View Jawa 42 Bobber Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Price
- View Harley Davidson X440 Insurance Price
- View TVS Ronin Insurance Price
- View Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Price
- View Triumph Speed 400 Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Insurance Price
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Learn about Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
- Read along to know what is zero depreciation bike insurance add-on cover and why you should buy it.
- Read this post to know all about downtime allowance bike insurance add-on cover.
- A downtime allowance is an add-on cover bought alongside a comprehensive bike insurance plan. To know more regarding the same, read along.
- Add-On covers are additional coverages that you can avail of to strengthen your bike insurance policy. Read on to find out the importance and benefits
- Looking to purchase add-on covers with your two-wheeler insurance? Make sure to consider these ones.
- Thinking to purchase zero depreciation bike insurance add-on cover? Read along to know why you should purchase it.
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons FAQs
What is an add-on in two-wheeler insurance policy?
In two-wheeler insurance, add-on covers refer to additional coverage which can be purchased to extend the coverage of a standard plan against the payment of an additional premium. These add-ons can be purchased with comprehensive bike insurance plans as well as standalone own-damage bike insurance plans. Some popular bike insurance add-ons include zero depreciation cover, road side assistance cover, engine protect, etc.
Is there a limit on the number of add-ons I can purchase?
No, there is no limit on the number of add-ons which can be purchased with a bike insurance plan. You can add as many add-ons as you like with your policy.
What are the documents required for add-on covers in two wheeler insurance?
No additional documentation is required for the purchase of add-ons. You can add them to your bike insurance policy at the time of purchasing the plan by paying an additional nominal premium.
What are the different types of add-on covers in two wheeler insurance available in the market?
There are a number of bike insurance add-ons available in the market. The most popular bike insurance add-ons include:
- Zero Depreciation
- Consumable Expenses
- Road Side Assistance
- New Vehicle for Old Vehicle
- Engine Protect
- Accidental Hospitalisation
- Hospital Cash
- EMI Protector
- Outstanding Loan Protector
- NCB (No Claim Bonus) Secure
- Owner Personal Accident (PA)
- Pillion Rider Personal Accident (PA)
What do I need to know before buying a bike insurance add-on?
Before buying a bike insurance add-on, you must know its coverage, features and premium amount.
Bike Insurance News
Looking for reasons to buy New India Bike Insurance Plan? Re...31 August 2023
Read on to find out how bike insurance keep you afloat durin...31 August 2023
Looking for the best bike insurance companies in India? Read...31 August 2023
Read on to find out about the waiting period to file a bike ...31 August 2023
Read on to find out the benefits of no-claim bonus in bike i...31 August 2023