Tyre Protection Add-On in Two Wheeler Insurance
A tyre protection cover under a bike insurance plan is an add-on that offers coverage for the replacement or repair cost of the bike’s tyre. This cover offers coverage against accidental losses or damages or any type of cuts to the tyres along with labour cost incurred at the time of replacement or repair of the tyres. A policyholder can purchase this add-on by paying a slightly higher premium cost with a comprehensive or standalone own damage bike insurance plan.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
Tyres are the backbone of your car. It is a support system which makes it possible to run on the road. Therefore to enjoy a safe and smooth drive, it is essential to protect it from different road surfaces and conditions. Broken roads, bumpy areas damage the tyre making it unfit to use. Moreover, bike tyres are not that cheap,they involve high costs of replacing. However, standard bike insurance does not provide coverage for tyres of your two-wheelers. Thus, you should buy a tyre protection cover with your standard policy to keep the tyres secured.
What is Tyre Protection Add-On in Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Cover?
Tyre Protection Cover is an add-on which you can avail by paying an additional premium. It offers coverage to your bike tyre from financial expenses incurred due to accident, cut or at the time of replacement and repair of tyre. It can be opted with your comprehensive bike insurance policy as well as a standalone own-damage bike insurance plan. Moreover, with a tyre protect add-on cover, you can remain tension free from all the additional cost that can incur and you may need to pay from your pocket due to the tyre getting damaged while riding your bike on the road, as with this add-on cover, the bike insurance company would compensate you for the tyre replacement cost.
Benefits of Tyre Protection Add-On Cover in Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Cover
The following are the advantages which you can avail yourself after buying this add-on:
1. Covers Replacement Cost
The cost incurred at the time of replacing the old tyre with the new one is covered in this bike insurance add-on.
2. Covers Labor Cost
The labor charges related to removing and refitting of tires is covered under this add-on.
3. Covers Loss/Damage
Accidental loss or damage to tyre and tubes which make it of no use. This includes bulge, cut, bursting of tyre are covered in this add-on.
What is Covered Under Tyre Protect Add-On Cover?
The key inclusions of Tyre protect add-on cover are as follows:
- Replacement cost of the damaged tyre with a new tyre.
- Cost of labour towards removing the tyre, refitting and rebalancing it.
- Accidental damage or loss to tubes and tyres resulting in making them not fit for use. It includes situations like tyre bursting, a bulge in tyre and cut or damage to the bike’s tyre.
What is Not Covered Under Tyre Protect Add-On Cover?
The key exclusions of the tyre protect add on the cover are as follows:
- Cost incurred on puncture or repair of the tyre.
- Damage or loss due to manufacturing faults or services offered by a non-authorized service station.
- Loss or damage incurred due to breach of operating instructions like rally, racing etc.
- Loss or damage incurred due to improper transportation or storage.
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Bike Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Bike Insurance By Popular Bike Manufacturers
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Price
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Price
- View Honda Shine Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Price
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Price
- View Honda Unicorn Insurance Price
- View Hero Splendor Plus XTEC Insurance Price
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Price
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Price
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Price
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Price
- View Ola S1 Pro Insurance Price
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Price
- View TVS iQube Insurance Price
- View Honda Dio Insurance Price
- View Yamaha MT 15 Insurance Price
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Price
- View TVS Raider Insurance Price
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Price
- View Yamaha R15S Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Price
- View TVS Ronin Insurance Price
- View Jawa 42 Bobber Insurance Price
- View Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Price
- View Harley Davidson X440 Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Insurance Price
- View Triumph Speed 400 Insurance Price
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Tyre Protection Add-On Cover in Bike Insurance FAQ
What is the cost of the Tyre Protection add-on Cover?
Tyre Protection add-on Cover is offered at different rates. Different insurance companies offer different costs for this add-on. You will have to check and contact with the respective insurance provider for the details related to this add-on cover. The cost of the Tyre Protection add-on cover is based on the sum insured as well as the insurance company.
Is normal wear and tear covered in this add-on policy?
No, normal wear and tear are exclusion and therefore it is not covered in this policy. After using a two-wheeler for a longer time, there will be normal wear and tear but it is not covered by an insurance company.
How much compensation will I get under the Tyre Protection add-on Cover?
The compensation offered to you depends upon the sum insured of your standard bike insurance plan. On the basis of that, your reimbursed amount will be calculated.
Does this add-on provide coverage for labor charges?
These are paid to the workers who are employed to do physical work such as removing, refitting the tyre. The labor charges related to removing and refitting of tires are fully covered under this add-on.
What kind of coverage the insurance company will provide under this Tyre Protection add-on cover?
Tyre Protection add-on cover offers additional coverage and benefits to your bike while it is going through a rough surface/road. Some of the important coverages are as follows:
- The cost incurred at the time of replacing the old tyre with the new one is covered in this add-on.
- The labor charges related to removing and refitting of tires is covered under this add-on.
- Accidental loss or damage to tyre and tubes which make it of no use. This includes bulge, cut, the bursting of tyre are covered in this add-on.
Bike Insurance News
Check out our list of top models, including prices, features...27 October 2023
Know the key differences between spoke wheels and alloy whee...27 October 2023
Know the RTO rules, guidelines, benefits and highlights for ...27 October 2023
Explore the cheapest and most affordable third-party two-whe...25 October 2023
Looking for the best low maintenance bikes in India in 2023?...25 October 2023