Acko Two-Wheeler Add-Ons
- No Inspection Needed
- Immediate Policy Issurance
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
Acko Bike Insurance Add-On Covers
The two-wheeler add-on covers provide you enhanced policy coverage that gives a better protection to your bike or scooter. You can avail this add-on cover with your standard two-wheeler insurance policy by paying an additional premium amount. Acko General Insurance gives you various add-on covers which you can opt for while purchasing and renewing the insurance policy on the basis of your needs and budget.
Acko - 13 Important Add-On Covers For Your Bike Insurance Policy
The bike insurance add-on covers offered by the Acko General Insurance, which you can include in your plans are as follow:
1. Zero Depreciation – With this bike insurance add-on cover, the insurance provider shall pay the amount of depreciation, which is deducted on the value of the bike parts replaced in the event of a partial loss claim relating to accidents during the policy period. However, a claim where replacement of any bike part is not involved and no amount of depreciation is deducted under own-damage claim will not be considered as a claim under this add-on cover.
2. Roadside Assistance – A bike is a machine, which can face breakdown at any moment and anywhere. Such incidences could leave you stranded at an unknown location. Hence, with roadside assistance add-on cover, the insurance provider will provide the insured person upon his/her claim request during the policy period for several emergency assistance services such as flat tyre, battery jump start, on-spot repair, fuel support, taxi support, emergency towing, hotel search assistance, etc.
3. NCB Protect – With every claim free year, the policyholders get a reward from the insurer in terms of No Claim Bonus (NCB). It helps in reducing your premium amount of the next year policy but this benefit becomes invalid if you claim any claim in between. Therefore, this NCB protect add-on cover is designed to make you eligible to continue to enjoy the no claim bonus benefit even after making a claim in a previous policy period.
4. Invoice Cover – With this add-on cover, in the cases of theft, total loss or constructive total loss of the insured bike during the policy period, the insurance provider shall give you the compensation of the difference between the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your bike and its invoice value or the latest available manufacturer invoice value, whichever is lower. The total coverage that the insurer will cover under this add-on will comprise any applicable road tax and registration charges of your bike.
5. Engine Protect – The engine protect add-on cover will make your insurance company to reimburse your expenses up to a specified amount for the expenses incurred towards repair or replacement due to consequential damages of the internal parts of the engine, damages suffered by the gearbox and differential assembly due to the water ingression, damage sustained by the hydrostatic lock, or leakage of coolant or lubricating oil from your insured bike.
6. Consumables Cover – Accidents and mishaps do not just damage the body, but also waste the consumables. The consumable cover is an add-on under which the insurer will pay the expenses incurred on consumable items such as engine oil, lubricants, nut and bolt, gearbox oil, screw, grease, washers, distilled water, and items of similar types excluding fuel consumed during repair.
7. Downtime Allowance – This add-on gives you a daily amount on meeting with an accident in the policy period and getting repaired in the network garage. You may also get reimbursable coupons of comparable value or arrangement of an alternate mode of conveyance. The daily amount will be computed from the date on which the claim is reported to the insurer or the date when the bike is submitted in the garage for repair, whichever is later, up to the date of completion of repairs or completion of a certain number of days. In case of theft or total loss claim, the insurer will pay the lump sum amount for a period of 10 days.
8. Personal Belongings -Theft – In case of a theft or burglary from your two-wheeler during the policy period, the insurer will compensate an amount up to the sum insured, subject to the applicable depreciation and for the loss of the personal belongings of the insured kept inside your vehicle. However, this benefit requires that your claim should be supported by a First Information Report (FIR) and a written proof of ownership or care, custody and control of the personal belongings.
9. Personal Belongings including Electronic Equipment – In a situation where your bike meets with an accident or gets stolen or gets burglarised during the policy period, the insurance provider will offer you a compensation subject to the applicable depreciation and for the loss of the personal belongings kept inside your bike. To avail this benefit, you need to submit a First Information Report (FIR), ownership or custody proof of the personal belongings such as cellular phones, etc.
10. Personal Belongings - Damage – If your bike gets involved in an accident during the policy, then with this add-on cover, you can get the reimbursement for the expenses incurred towards repair or replacement of your personal belongings which were kept inside the vehicle, subject to the applicable depreciation. The personal belongings for which coverage is offered include articles of personal nature which are not carried in connection with any trade or business.
11. Outstation Emergency Cover – If your bike becomes immobilized due to an accident or a breakdown outside a radius of 100 kilometers from your home during the policy period, the insurance provider will cover your expenses incurred in such a situation. However, this coverage is applicable when the required time of repair of your vehicle exceeds 12 hours from the time of the accident or breakdown.
12. Loss of Licence or RC Cover – With this add-on cover, in case your government issued driving license or registration certificate (RC) gets stolen or lost during the policy period, the insurance provider will provide you with the compensation for it. However, to receive the compensation amount you will have to request the claim which is supported by a First Information Report (FIR) filed with the police.
13. Key Protect Cover – If you opt for this add-on cover, the insurance company will offer you the compensation for the cost incurred towards replacing the key of your two-wheeler, in case it gets lost, stolen or damaged, or can reimburse the expenses incurred on the repairing the lock-set, if the lock-set or key is damaged. You should make all the claims within a period of 30 days and must support your claim application with a First Information Report (FIR) in case of theft or burglary.
Explore Acko Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Acko Bike Insurance
- Purchasing bike insurance from Acko is simple. Go through this article to take a note of the things before purchasing bike insurance from Acko.
- Do you want to know actually what happens when a two-wheeler insurance policy lapses? A lapsed policy is invalid and can put you in trouble.
- Want to know scooty insurance claim process? Let’s start by learning about steps for filing a two-wheeler insurance claim process. Read more.
- Know About No Claims Bonus for Two Wheeler Insurance. Learn step by step process on how to claim NCB for bike insurance in India.
- Two-wheeler insurance premium calculator is an online tool that helps you generate the right insurance premium for your two-wheeler.
Acko Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Add On
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
Acko Bike Insurance Add-On Cover FAQs
How many bike add-on covers are provided by Acko General Insurance?
Acko General Insurance offers 13 two-wheeler add-on covers which comprise Zero Depreciation, Roadside Assistance, NCB Protect, Invoice Cover, Engine Protect, Consumables Cover, Downtime Allowance, Personal Belongings, Outstation Emergency Cover, Key Protect Cover, and so on.
Will I have to purchase an add-on cover compulsorily?
No, it is not a compulsion to include an add-on cover in your bike insurance cover. The add-ons are options to increase coverage of your bike insurance plan.
Are the bike insurance add-on covers offered by Acko General Insurance chargeable?
Yes, the policyholders will be required to pay for a little extra premium amount to opt for add-on covers in their basic insurance policy.
At what time I will be allowed to purchase the Acko add-on covers?
You can purchase an add-on cover to extend the coverage of your bike insurance plan either while purchasing the insurance plan or while renewing your insurance cover.
How many add-on covers can be purchased at a time?
You can buy and include as many add-on covers as you want in your bike insurance plans based on your needs and budget.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 50 lakhs happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
Check out our list of top models, including prices, features...27 October 2023
Know the key differences between spoke wheels and alloy whee...27 October 2023
Know the RTO rules, guidelines, benefits and highlights for ...27 October 2023
Explore the cheapest and most affordable third-party two-whe...25 October 2023
Looking for the best low maintenance bikes in India in 2023?...25 October 2023