Consumables Add On Cover in Two Wheeler Insurance
A consumable add-on cover in two wheeler insurance provides the policyholder with additional coverage for the consumable items (such as bolts ,nuts, engine oil, pipes, grease, etc) that are not covered under a standard two-wheeler insurance plan. As other add-on covers, this too can be purchased along with a comprehensive bike insurance plan and standalone own damage bike 6. insurance plan.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Bike Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 75cc two-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
Consumables are parts or factors of the bike that when used are completely consumed. These are not reusable and cannot be replenished again. In a bike, consumables can be nuts, bolts, lubricants, screws, brake oil, grease, fuel filter, and gas of the air conditioner. Consumables are small things which can add up to the overall expense. And because two-wheeler insurance companies do not usually cover the expenses related to consumables under standard two wheeler insurance policies, it becomes important to get it as an add-on. Consumables cover add-on can be purchased along with a standard standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy. But for this, the insurance companies do charge an extra premium. Buying this add-on cover is not mandatory but doing so is a smart option as it covers the insured in difficult times.
What Is Consumables Cover Add-On in Bike Insurance?
Consumables cover add-on in bike insurance offers extra coverage for consumable items that a basic bike insurance policy does not cover. The add-on cover helps the insured save on all the consumable items no matter how small they are. One can purchase this add-on cover voluntarily along with the standard bike insurance policy, which can either be a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy. The add-on cover offers complete protection against expenses towards consumables that are unfit to be used in the future, in case the damage has been caused due to an accident. Apart from the items mentioned above, consumables cover also protects the insured against expenses related to clips, distilled water, bearing oil, gearbox oil, radiator coolant, battery, and washers. It is an essential add-on cover that gives additional coverage to the insured’s bike thereby offering him/her a stress-free ride. So, it is a smart option to select this add-on cover as it not only offers peace of mind but also makes the insured super secure.
Who Should Opt for Consumables Add-On Cover?
Consumables Cover Bike Insurance Add-On should ideally be opted by the following:
- A bike owner who wishes to save expenses on small items like engine oil, etc.
- A bike owner whose bike is not more than 5 years old.
- A bike owner who wishes to get complete protection in case of a misfortune event of an accident.
Benefits of Consumable Add-On Cover in Two-Wheeler Insurance
With the help of an add-on, you can enhance your coverage that the standard comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan is not sufficient to provide alone. Although an add-on cover comes at the cost of a slightly additional premium amount, you can stay assured that your bike is covered well when talking about insurance coverage. Although, individual motor vehicle consumables do not cost that much, however, there are various consumable components that you are required to change at the time of getting your vehicle fixed, and they can be pretty costly.
Some of the benefits of Bike consumable add-on cover are as follows:
- Lesser burden financially.
- Coverage for gearbox and engine oil.
- Peace of mind as you are aware that the insurance company will be paying for the consumables.
- End-to-End Protection of your insured vehicle.
- Wider coverage in respect to Claim settlement.
What is Included in a Two-Wheeler Consumable Cover?
The key inclusions of two-wheeler consumable cover are as follows:
- Gearbox Oil
- Engine Oil
- Nut and Bolt
- Distilled Water
- Grease and Lubricants
- Oil Filter
- Brake Oil
Bike Insurance for Popular Bike Models
Bike Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Bike Insurance By Popular Bike Manufacturers
Find Right Bike Insurance Quotes by Bikes Body Type
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Price
- View Honda SP 125 Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar 125 Insurance Price
- View Honda Shine Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Price
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Price
- View Honda Unicorn Insurance Price
- View Hero Super Splendor Insurance Price
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Price
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Price
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Price
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Price
- View Ola S1 Pro Insurance Price
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Price
- View Yamaha Aerox 155 Insurance Price
- View TVS iQube Insurance Price
- View Yamaha MT 15 Insurance Price
- View Yamaha R15 V4 Insurance Price
- View TVS Raider Insurance Price
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Price
- View Yamaha R15S Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Insurance Price
- View Bajaj Pulsar N160 Insurance Price
- View Honda H'ness CB350 Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Insurance Price
- View Honda CB350 Insurance Price
- View Royal Enfield Super Meteor 650 Insurance Price
- View TVS Ronin Insurance Price
- View Harley Davidson X440 Insurance Price
Explore Two Wheeler Insurance
Two Wheeler Insurance Add-ons
Bike Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Consumables cover in Two Wheeler Insurance FAQ
What are consumable items in a bike?
Consumables are parts or factors of the bike that when used are completely consumed. They can not be reused. Materials such as nuts, bolts, lubricants, brake oils, grease, fuel filter, screws etc. are consumables in bikes.
What is a consumable cover add-on in bike insurance?
Consumables cover add-on is an additional benefit that you can purchase along with your standard bike insurance policy. It covers you against the cost of replacement or bike parts like screws, engine oils, grease, nuts and bolts, etc.
Is it mandatory to get consumables cover add-on along with a standard bike insurance policy?
No. It is not mandatory to purchase consumables cover add-on. However, if you wish to, then you can purchase it voluntarily without any influence.
Will I be required to pay an extra premium to get consumables cover add-on?
Yes. As the add-on cover offers you additional coverage, therefore you will be required to pay an extra premium to get it.
I have a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy. Can I purchase the consumables cover add-on benefit?
Yes. You can purchase a consumables cover add-on along with a standalone own-damage bike insurance policy or a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Bike Insurance News
Check out our list of top models, including prices, features...27 October 2023
Know the key differences between spoke wheels and alloy whee...27 October 2023
Know the RTO rules, guidelines, benefits and highlights for ...27 October 2023
Explore the cheapest and most affordable third-party two-whe...25 October 2023
Looking for the best low maintenance bikes in India in 2023?...25 October 2023