Bike Insurance Claim Settlement Process Explained
Updated On Jul 16, 2021
Bike insurance is a policy that covers your finances if you or your bike are involved in an accident or suffer harm because of a natural disaster. Although it is critical that you purchase a bike insurance policy, it is also critical that you understand the features and the motor insurance claim settlement process.
Table of Contents
Filing a bike insurance claim is clear and only includes a simple understanding of the policy's terms and conditions. When a policyholder makes a bike insurance claim, the insurance company is asked to compensate the policyholder for harm to the bike or caused by the bike as a result of covered perils. After that, the bike insurance company compensates you for your financial loss and settles your claim.
Documents Required For Bike Insurance Claim Settlement Process
The following is a list of documents you will need when filing a bike insurance claim:
- Claim Form
- Policy Document
- Tax payment receipts
- Registration card of your bike
- Driving license
- Police FIR copy
- Your contact number
- Engine and Chassis Number of your bike
- Date and time of the incident
Steps To Make A Bike Insurance Claim
You can file a bike insurance claim either offline or online.
For offline claim settlement, call Toll Free Number For the customer service number. The representative will walk you through the entire claim registration process.
To file an online bike insurance claim, go to our claim registration online site. Cashless bike insurance is available online. You must fill in the above information as and when it is requested in the form. Before moving on to the next move, it's best to double-check all the information you've already entered.
- The system will create the claim registration number once you complete the last step and press submit. This number should be written down carefully and used for any possible references relevant to the claim settlement process.
- If your bike has been damaged in an accident, you can either drive it to the nearest network garage or use the towing service to get it there. Keep all original repair/replacement bills if you take your bike to a non-network garage so you can get reimbursed later.
- A surveyor from the bike insurance firm will come to the address you provided for the inspection and prepare a survey report to be sent to the insurance company. Once the survey report and other records have been reviewed, the claim will be settled.
Settling an insurance claim is a simple procedure. All you have to do now is gather all of the necessary paperwork and other information to file the claim. It is recommended that you maintain patience in the claim process, as it can take some time to complete.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.