Reasons You Should Not Avoid Using Bike Insurance Premium Calculator
Updated On Jul 26, 2021
Why should you use the premium calculator before purchasing your two-wheeler insurance? Read this article to find out.
Table of Contents
- What is a Premium Calculator for Two-Wheeler Insurance?
- How to Use the Premium Calculator When Purchasing Two-Wheeler Insurance?
- What are the Benefits of Using the Premium Calculator for Two-Wheeler Insurance?
- Why is it Important to Use the Premium Calculator Before Purchasing Two-Wheeler Insurance?
Purchasing two-wheeler insurance is now a simple and convenient procedure as it can be purchased online. You can simply make a few clicks compare the two-wheeler insurance quotes, the different two-wheeler insurance companies and their network of cashless garages. You can also renew existing two-wheeler insurance online using a similar process. The best part about purchasing insurance online is that it is easy to find a good deal. In this article, we will tell you how to use the premium calculator while purchasing two-wheeler insurance.
What is a Premium Calculator for Two-Wheeler Insurance?
The two-wheeler insurance will help you calculate an approximate quote for your two-wheeler insurance. This tool is available on several websites including InsuranceDekho. It is important that you use this tool for getting this estimate so you can evaluate the quotes offered.
How to Use the Premium Calculator When Purchasing Two-Wheeler Insurance?
The following steps will guide you in using the premium calculator for two-wheeler insurance:
Step 1: Visit the website InsuraceDekho and select the ‘two-wheeler insurance’ tab from the top of the home page. A drop down menu will appear, select ‘premium calculator’ from the available options.
Step 2: In the provided section enter your two-wheeler’s model, make, variant. Registration date and your location. Make sure to also provide information about your claim history, NCB and date of expiry if any.
Step 3: Once you have entered all the required information select the ‘calculate’ button.
Step 4: Select the type of policy you would like to purchase and any add-ons to get your final premium and IDV.
What are the Benefits of Using the Premium Calculator for Two-Wheeler Insurance?
Following are the benefits of using the premium calculator while purchasing two-wheeler insurance:
- Determine Your IDV: Ensuring that you have the right IDV is important. In case of theft or a case of total loss you can be compensated for your loss with the highest available amount if you have selected the right insurance policy. With the premium calculator you can set the IDV according to the specifications of your two-wheeler beforehand and know the approximate amount when purchasing two-wheeler insurance.
- Select the Right Add-ons: Add-on covers can make a significant difference to your claim amount at the time of claim settlement. Hence, choosing the right ones is important. However, it is also important to keep an eye out for the cost of these add-ons as they can pile up to make a high premium. With the premium calculator you can make an estimate of how much they cost overall before purchasing the two-wheeler insurance.
- Select the Right Policy: With the premium calculator you can ensure that you have the best premium quotes out there when selecting which policy to purchase for your two-wheeler and what fits your requirements best.
Why is it Important to Use the Premium Calculator Before Purchasing Two-Wheeler Insurance?
When looking to purchase insurance online, most of us want to do this as fast as possible. This means we often veer towards the cheapest policy from the quotes and finish the process. However, the cheapest policy is usually not the best one available and will end up costing the insurance holder more in the long run if there is a mishap. When looking to purchase insurance, it is best to look for one that is affordable and effective. The premium calculator will help you gage exactly that. Once you have the approximate premium of a two-wheeler insurance you can select the right insurance policy and the decision you make will be an informed one.
The premium calculator is an essential tool that will help you get an approximate quote for the two-wheeler insurance before you purchase it. After using it you can select a policy knowing that you made an informed decision and got a good deal with the premium amount. Lastly, if you would like to read more about two-wheeler insurance, make sure to check out our other articles.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.