How to Get Life Insurance Without a Medical Exam?
Updated On Nov 07, 2023
Offering a bunch of benefits, term insurance is one of the most sought-after insurance plans in India. It is basically a type of life insurance plan that protects you against any uncertain event that may disrupt your life. Now, to buy a life insurance policy, you need to know certain things like whether a medical exam is required to buy it or not. In this section, let’s address the same.
Table of Contents
What is Life Insurance?
Life insurance is one of the most popular insurance plans in India that protects the dependants of the policyholders in case the latter meets an unfortunate event. With this plan, the dependants of the policyholder are guaranteed financial assistance to ensure complete protection. Furthermore, life insurance is basically of two types, term insurance, and investment.
Is Buying Life Insurance Possible Without Medical Tests?
In India, there are a number of life insurance companies that provides life insurance plan without even undergoing medical exams. In such cases, the insurance company based on the age and lifestyle of the policyholder provides a life insurance policy. However, it is important to understand that if the policyholder has any of the listed pre-existing diseases, then in such a case, they might have to undergo a medical test. So, if you are buying a term insurance policy, do proper research, compare the different plans available, and only then proceed with buying a plan for yourself. Also, read the policy inclusions and exclusions before buying it for yourself.
There are a few things that you need to remember when buying life insurance without medical tests such as those listed below:
- Always provide the right information to the insurance company and never lie about your medical condition. In case you hide your medical condition, then there are chances of your life insurance claims getting rejected.
- Based on your lifestyle, life insurance companies determine the plan premium. So, lead a healthy lifestyle and save on life insurance premiums.
Life Insurance Plans That Require No Medical Test
Listed below are some of the life insurance plans that you can buy without undergoing a medical test:
- Future Generali Smart Life: The Future Generali Smart Life is an online term insurance plan. This plan does not require any medical screening up to the age of 45 years.
- ICICI Pru iCare Term Plan: The ICICI Pru iCare Term Plan has a minimum entry age of 18 years and the maximum entry age is 65 years. Without any medical test, you can buy this plan that can be further enhanced with different riders like accidental death benefit riders.
- PNB Met Life Term Insurance plan: This plan is available in life, life plus, and life plus health options. You can buy this plan without any medical test required and choose a premium-paying term depending on your convenience.
- LIC Tech Term Plan: The LIC Tech Term plan is another life insurance plan that you can buy even without a medical test. The plan has a minimum entry age of 18 years and the maximum entry age can be 65 years. On the other hand, the sum insured for this has a minimum limit of Rs. 50 lakhs, however, there is no maximum limit.
- HDFC Click 2Protect Plan: The HDFC Click 2Protect Plan is available in three different options life and critical illness rebalance, life protect, and income plus. The different riders that you can include in this plan are accidental death benefit rider, critical illness plus rider, and protect plus rider.
Is Buying Life Insurance Worth It?
Wondering whether you should invest in a life insurance plan or not? If you have been thinking about the same, then the answer is yes. Listed below are some of the compelling reasons why you should buy life insurance or not:
- Life insurance plans offer death benefits in case the policyholder meets an unfortunate demise and thus protect the financial interest of the policyholder’s dependants.
- In case the policyholder survives the policy term, then there are a few life insurance plans that also provide a lump-sum amount after the policy matures. This is called survival benefit in life insurance.
- Life insurance plans also provide tax benefits as specified under section 80C of the Income Tax Act. So, if you buy a life insurance plan, you can save tax of up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs.
- Most of the life insurance plan comes with rider benefits. This means that you can include different riders such as accidental death benefit rider, critical illness rider, and more to your life insurance plan to enhance its benefits.
So, now that you need that there a few companies that provide life insurance plans even without a medical exam, proceed with buying a plan for yourself now.