What is the United India Car Insurance Claim Process?
Updated On Oct 16, 2023
Read this article to understand how you can claim your car insurance from United India Insurance company by following these easy steps.
Table of Contents
Your bike is a valued possession, and any damage to it as a result of an accident can be devastating. Organizing finances during such a traumatic period might be much more difficult. Having bike insurance coverage is advantageous since it provides financial support for the repair of damages to your bike as well as compensation for damages to a third party's vehicle. The process of filing for a claim settlement is easy and does not take much time. When making an insurance claim with the United India Insurance company, there are a few things to bear in mind.
How To Claim Your Car Insurance At United India Insurance?
Filing a car insurance settlement claim at United India Insurance company is simple and can be done without any hassle. The following are the steps that you can follow to apply for a settlement claim -
1. Contact United India's policy issuing office right away. In case, the accident occurs outside of the city/town where the policy issuing office is located, contact the nearest United India office to schedule a survey. The website of United India Insurance Company has a list of offices with addresses and phone numbers across the country for your convenience. The list of our offices across the country may be seen at www.uiic.co.in.
2. In the event of a large accident, such as a fire or riot, retain the vehicle at the accident scene/site until a spot surveyor arrives and inspects the scene. Please keep in mind that spot surveys are required in the event of any vehicle accidents. Please keep the phone number of the agent/policy issuing office on hand so that we can respond quickly.
3. Simultaneously, if there are any third-party injuries or fatalities, make sure to report the accident to the local police station, along with full details of any injuries or deaths, as well as any damage to any Third-Party Property, as the case may be. If you provide treatment to any injured person/s in a hospital, clarify the name of the hospital as well as the name of the doctor who provided the therapy.
4. After completing the aforementioned steps, you may move/ tow the vehicle to any authorised workshop of your choosing and acquire an estimate, which you may submit along with a completed claim form (which you may obtain from any of United India Insurance company's local offices) for us to arrange a final survey. You may also submit a copy of the complaint filed with the police station, as well as the actual FIR if it is immediately available, to the surveyor. However, in the case of Third-Party injuries, a police report must be filed and submitted to the office.
5. Under no circumstances should repair work begin until the final surveyor has verified the damage and given the all-clear to proceed with the repairs. You must submit the cash bills for spare parts and labour once the repairs are completed for partial loss claims and seek reimbursement if the claim is valid.
Points To Consider While Filing Settlement Claim At United India Insurance
It is really simple to file a claim with the United India Insurance Company. However, there are several exclusions to be aware of in order to prevent having your bike insurance claim denied. The following are some things to bear in mind if you want to avoid rejection of your bike insurance claim -
1. Be open and honest with your insurance company.
2. While riding your bike, make sure to adhere to the traffic rules. Your claim is likely to be denied if the insurance inspection team discovers that the rider was not obeying traffic laws at the time of the collision.
3. Check your policy documentation to see if the circumstances of the accident are covered by your plan. If you file a claim for anything that isn't covered by your insurance, it may be rejected.
According to the Indian Motor Vehicle Act, every bike rider is required to have bike insurance. If you wish to avoid costly repair expenses and legal difficulties, make sure to get a bike insurance policy that gives adequate coverage.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.