Passenger Cover in Car Insurance
Passenger cover gives financial coverage for passengers who are travelling in the insured’s car. However, covering passengers is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended to opt for this cover as apart from driver or owner’s life, passenger’s life is equally important. This cover gives coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh for medical treatment costs, disability liability (permanent and temporary disability) cover or financial support in case of the death of any passengers.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Passenger cover in car insurance is financial coverage for passengers who are travelling in the insured’s car. While it is necessary to have the personal accident cover for the owner-driver of the car, covering passengers is not mandatory. However, the absence of compulsion should not restrict individuals from buying a passenger cover with their car insurance policy as each life is important.
What Is Covered Under A Passenger Cover?
A passenger cover add-on provides coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh for the following:
1. Medical treatment costs incurred for passengers in case of an unforeseen accident.
2. Disability liability (permanent and temporary disability) cover to the car’s passengers.
3. Financial support in case of the death of any passengers.
What is not covered in the Passenger Cover?
Following are the exclusions of a passenger cover add-on:
1. An accident that has happened while a person is under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
2. Any physical injury caused at the time of attempted suicide is not covered under this add-on.
With Which Car Insurance Plan Can I Purchase A Passenger Cover?
Benefits of Purchasing Passenger Cover
Being a responsible car owner, you have a certain duty towards the passengers if an accident happens to result in injury or disability of the passenger. Having a passenger add-on cover along with the comprehensive car insurance plan, will provide the policyholder and the passengers with wide coverage. Highlighted below are some of the benefits of purchasing passenger cover:
- Offers financial help if the passenger dies due to an accident.
- In case of an accident, coverage for the treatment costs of passengers is offered with this add-on.
- Passengers of the covered car are offered a disability liability cover.
- Financial liabilities get reduced in difficult situations as you can claim for the passenger and driver of the car.
- Helps in reducing the stress if any accidental injuries happen to the passenger and the insured car’s driver.
- Helps in avoiding any legal hassle in case the insured car is a commercial passenger vehicle.
Cost of Passenger Add-On Cover
The cost of passenger add-on cover differs from insurance company to insurance company and it also depends on the sum insured. In case, you wish to know about the cost and any more information regarding passenger add-on cover, you can check the same with the car insurance company.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Car Insurance By Popular Car Manufacturers
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Price
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Price
- View Tata Punch Insurance Price
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Price
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Price
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Price
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Price
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Price
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Price
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Price
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Price
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Price
- View BMW i7 Insurance Price
- View Honda City Insurance Price
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Price
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Price
- View Toyota Rumion Insurance Price
- View Renault Triber Insurance Price
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Price
- View Maruti Invicto Insurance Price
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Passenger Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
How many passengers in the car does the passenger add-on cover?
In the case of the private car, the add-on does not cover more than 3 passengers in the car. However, the number of passengers covered depends on the type of vehicle. An insurance company provides coverage as per the seating capacity of the car.
Can I buy the passenger cover with third party insurance?
No, an individual cannot buy the passenger cover with third party car insurance. It can be bought along with the comprehensive or a standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
Does comprehensive car insurance policy cover passenger injuries in an accident?
No, passenger injuries are not covered under the standard comprehensive car insurance in case of an accident. Thus, it is advised to opt for a passenger cover.
Should a commercial driver buy a Passenger Cover in car insurance?
Although it is not necessary, a commercial driver should buy it to ensure the safety of its passengers.
What is the amount of coverage available under a passenger cover?
Coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh is provided under a passenger cover.
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023