No Claim Bonus (NCB) in Car Insurance
No Claim Bonus is a reward provided by the insurance company to policyholders for raising no claim in a policy year. This bonus gets accumulated with every claim-free year and ranges between 20% to 50%. The accrued percentage of the benefit earned as NCB gives a discount on the premium of the next year. However, if a single claim is made in between a policy year or if the car insurance plan gets lapsed, then this bonus will become null and void.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
NCB Add-on in Car Insurance Policy
NCB in car insurance refers to ‘No Claim Bonus.’ It is a type of reward offered by the car insurance company to the policyholder on the own-damage (OD) premium amount for not raising any claim during the policy term. NCB is a discount on your car insurance premium that you can avail at the time of renewal of your car insurance policy. The NCB discount percentage ranges between 20%-50% depending on the number of claim-free years.
NCB Calculation for Car Insurance
Below table will show you the NCB slab on the number of claim-free years:
Number of Claim-Free Years
NCB Offered on Premium
On first time claim-free renewal
On second time claim-free renewal
On third time claim-free renewal
On fourth time claim-free renewal
On fifth time claim-free renewal
NCB in car insurance is available if the policyholder has not made a single claim during the entire policy tenure. In case the policyholder makes even a single claim, he/she will not be able to avail NCB. However, with the help of an add-on cover namely NCB Protect, available under car insurance policy, the policyholder can keep his/her NCB intact even after he/she has made a claim during the policy tenure, subjected to terms and conditions of the insurance company.
Benefits of No Claim Bonus in Car Insurance
Highlighted below are few NCB benefits to car owners under the car insurance plan:
- Offers Rewards: NCB rewards you for being a responsible driver and keeping your car in a proper condition. Therefore, in a way you can get rewards through No claim bonus by not filing for claims during the previous years.
- Low Premiums: At least 20% of your car insurance premium yearly can be earned by the policyholder through NCB. Discount percentage for NCB is offered to the policyholder for every claim-free year.
- Portable: The NCB benefit can be ported to another car in case you change your vehicle. Additionally, it can be ported from one insurance company to another if you decide to purchase insurance from some other insurance company.
Who Should Get A No Claim Bonus Protect Cover?
- All car owners
- New drivers
- Car owners who wish to save the reward for not making much claims.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Car Insurance By Popular Car Manufacturers
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Price
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Price
- View Tata Punch Insurance Price
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Price
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Price
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Price
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Price
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Price
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Price
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Price
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Price
- View BMW i7 Insurance Price
- View Honda City Insurance Price
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Price
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Price
- View Toyota Rumion Insurance Price
- View Renault Triber Insurance Price
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Price
- View Maruti Invicto Insurance Price
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
FAQ About No Claim Bonus Add-on in Car Insurance
When can I opt for the NCB add-on in insurance?
The NCB Protect cover can be opted for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. Also, there are some insurance companies which allow addition of add-on covers in between the policy period.
Is the NCB Cover add-on available with a third party car insurance plan?
No. Like all other car insurance add-ons, the NCB Protect cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage car insurance plans and not with a third party car insurance plan.
How many claims are allowed with the NCB Protect cover?
The number of claims allowed with the NCB Protect cover vary from insurance company to insurance company. However, generally up to 2 claims are allowed with the NCB Protect cover.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the NCB Protect cover to my car insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the NCB Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
When am I entitled to receive the NCB on the own-damage premium of my car insurance policy?
The NCB on the own-damage premium of your car insurance policy is available to you at the time of policy renewal.
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023