Car Insurance Engine Protection Cover Add-On
Engine protect cover is an add-on cover that gives you coverage for damages incurred by the engine of your car due to due to water ingression, leakage of lubricating oils, differential parts or gearbox or engine failure due to an attempt to start a wet engine. It is applicable only with standalone own-damage or comprehensive insurance plans. Add-ons for car insurance are extra, optional coverages that policyholders can buy to supplement the protection provided by their base insurance plans. Although a comprehensive auto insurance policy provides extensive coverage, add-ons are intended to close certain gaps. By adding these extras, policyholders can benefit from a wider range of coverage, protecting their money from a variety of hazards related to their cars.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
The engine is like the heart of a car. It provides the necessary power for the movement of the car. Like other car parts, the car’s engine is also vulnerable to damages. Engine damage may occur due to oil leakage or ingression of water.
By default, the standard car insurance policies, be it comprehensive or standalone own-damage cover, do not provide coverage for your car’s engine against damages. Thus, in order to insure the engine of your car, you need to purchase a car insurance add-on known as Engine Protect cover. This add-on helps you claim compensation for engine damages.
What is Engine Protect Cover?
Engine Protect cover is a car insurance add-on which is available for purchase with comprehensive and standalone own-damage insurance plans. When buying or renewing their auto insurance policy, policyholders have the option to purchase the essential Engine Protection Cover. This particular coverage is intended to provide monetary security against harm to the engine, which serves as the vehicle's vital component. The vehicle owner's peace of mind is greatly enhanced by this add-on, as fixing engine damage can be a substantial financial strain.
Benefits of Purchasing Engine Protect Add on Cover
Engine Protect Add-on Cover is the most significant add-on cover offered to the policyholder by their respective car insurance company. Highlighted below are few benefits of the add-on cover:
1. Offers Financial Support
In case you have a standard car insurance plan, it will not come to your aid if your car engine gets damaged. However, in case you purchase engine protection add-on cover, then the expenses of repairing engine damages or any of the engine parts will be compensated by the insurance company.
2. Ensures Long Life of Your Car
The most significant component for the Car is said to be the engine. Therefore, in order to ensure optimum functioning and the long life of your vehicle, it is important to keep the car’s engine in a good condition. In case, if you avoid getting your car’s damaged engine repaired on time because of financial constraints, then it can result in no functioning car altogether. However, with an engine protection cover, the insurance company will compensate for the repair of your damaged engine, and would also ensure that it functions properly in the future too.
3. Coverage for the Costliest Car Part
The engine is said to be the costliest component of the car, replacing or repairing it can cost a huge sum of money. However, with the engine protection cover, you can leave all your worries regarding the cost of repairing and replacement of the engine to your insurance provider.
What is Covered Under Engine Protect Add-On Cover?
The Engine Protect cover allows you to get insurance coverage in the following cases:
- Damages sustained by the engine parts due to water ingression.
- Damages incurred to the engine and its parts due to leakage of lubricating oils.
- Physical damages incurred to the differential parts or gearbox.
- Engine failure due to an attempt to start a wet engine.
What is Not Covered Under Engine Protect Add-On Cover?
Although engine protect add-on cover is of great advantage during the monsoon season yet it is important to note that it comes with some exclusions. Some of them are as follows:
- Generally, the majority of insurance providers offer engine protect add-on cover for cars that are less than 5 years old.
- Under engine protect add-on cover, a policy buyer is restricted from making more than 2 claims in a single policy year.
- In case your insured car gets damaged in an event following the accident, like oil leakage, then your insurance provider is unlikely to compensate for the repair of the engine.
- Your respective insurance provider will not offer any compensation for claims, in case your insured car incurs damages when it was started while drowning in the water. This is due to the fact that triggering the ignition, again and again, will cause damage to the engine of your car, and any such act will be regarded as deliberate.
Why is it Important to Purchase an Engine Protect Add-On Cover?
As per the Indian Motor Tariff Act, it is mandated for all the vehicles plying on the public roads in India to be insured under at least a third-party insurance plan. The general insurance coverage offered under a basic motor plan may not be enough for your insured vehicle. Therefore, a variety of add-on covers are offered by the insurance provider for their policyholders.
Although opting for an add-on cover does increase the amount of payable premium, however, when compared in the long run, it will help you in saving a great deal. This is especially important in the unforeseen happening of your insured vehicle meeting with an accident while on the road. Amongst such add-on covers that offer protection to your vehicle during such unforeseen circumstances is Engine Protect add-on cover. Your standard insurance plan may not offer coverage for a vital component of your car, therefore, it is a smart move to invest in this add-on cover.
Moreover, this is highly recommended for individuals who are staying in flood-prone areas or near the streets that get waterlogged easily at the time of rains. Also, people owning premium cars that come with costly engine parts should definitely consider investing in an engine protection add-on cover.
What is the Significance of Protecting Your Car’s Engine?
The most expensive and vital of your car is considered to be its engine, and any kind of repair work needed by it can result in a large amount of money, due to labour and material cost involved. Moreover, the engine of the car is vulnerable to some severe kind of damage during the rainy seasons, owing to the waterlogged streets. This is when an engine protect add-on cover can prove to be of great importance. The owner gets protection against the following kinds of damages:
- Gearbox Damages
- Hydrostatic Lock (happens when you try starting a wet engine several times)
- Lubricating Oil Leakage
- Water Ingression
The huge repair cost incurred for the repair of the engine, electronic circuits, and gearbox can all get reimbursed in case your car is protected with an engine protect add-on cover.
How Can I Purchase An Engine Protection Add-On?
A simple procedure can be followed to purchase the Engine Protection add-on when purchasing or renewing your auto insurance. The procedures are listed below:
- Go to InsuranceDekho.com or the Insurer's Website: Decide the plan you want to buy after comparing options from more than 10 insurers.
- Decide on a Base Policy: Choose a comprehensive or third-party insurance policy based on your needs.
- Decide on Add-Ons: Select 'Engine Protection Cover' from the add-ons section. Please note that this add-on is available only in Comprehensive insurance cases and not third party cases.
- Examine then pay: Examine the specifics of your policy, including the premium, and then pay the amount due.
- Speak with a Broker or Agent: Speak with a broker or agent, or stop by the insurer's branch.
- Talk about your needs: Inform the agent or executive of your need for extra engine protection.
- Complete the Form: Fill out the application and make sure the Engine Protection add-on is selected.
- Deliver Documents: Submit the required paperwork and complete the payment.
How Do I File an Engine Protection Add-On Claim on My Car Insurance?
If you take the following actions, submitting a claim for the Engine Protection Add-on is simple:
- Let the Insurer Know: As soon as possible, inform your insurer of the engine damage. Prompt notification enhances the likelihood of the claim being approved.
- Give the Required Information: Provide the insurance with all pertinent information about the damage, such as the cause, the amount of damage, and any other information they may need.
- Send in the necessary documents: Provide the required paperwork, including a completed claim form, a copy of your insurance policy, your driver's licence, the car registration certificate, and a thorough estimate of the cost of repairs.
- Provide Further Proofs: In certain situations, the insurance company may request more documentation, such as pictures or videos of the damaged engine or the vehicle's maintenance history.
- Survey and Assessment: To evaluate the damage and confirm the validity of the claim, the insurance company will choose a surveyor.
- Settlement and Approval: If the claim is accepted, the insurer will pay the network garage directly or compensate you if repairs are made at a non-network garage.
Advice for a Simpler Claim Procedure:
- Inform the insurance of the damage as soon as possible.
- To prevent any claim rejection, make sure all submitted documents are exact and comprehensive.
- During the assessment step, give the surveyor your whole cooperation.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Car Insurance By Popular Car Manufacturers
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Price
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Price
- View Tata Punch Insurance Price
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Price
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Price
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Price
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Price
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Price
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Price
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Price
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Price
- View Honda City Insurance Price
- View BMW i7 Insurance Price
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Price
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Price
- View Toyota Rumion Insurance Price
- View Renault Triber Insurance Price
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Price
- View Maruti Invicto Insurance Price
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Engine Protect Cover Add-on FAQs
Is the Engine Protect add-on available with a third party car insurance plan?
No. Like all other car insurance add-ons, the Engine Protect Cover is also available with only comprehensive and standalone own-damage car insurance plans.
When can I opt for the Engine Protect Cover?
The Engine Protect cover can be opted for either at the time of policy purchase or policy renewal. However, some but not all insurance companies do allow addition of the add-on covers even in between the policy period.
Is damage caused due to oil leakage covered under Engine Protect?
Yes, engine damage caused by leakage of lubricating oils is covered under the Engine Protect add-on cover.
Does my standard comprehensive car insurance plan cover damages incurred by my car’s engine?
No, by default, a standard comprehensive car insurance plan does not provide coverage for damages incurred by your car’s engine.
Can I add other add-ons also along with the Engine Protect Cover to my car insurance plan?
Yes, you can add as many add-ons as you wish with the Engine Protect Cover to your standard comprehensive/standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023