Tyre Protect Cover in Car Insurance
A tyre protection cover is a car insurance add-on cover that gives coverage for the repair and replacement cost of tyres. This add-on cover provides insurance cover for accidental loss and damage or cuts to the tyres in addition to the labour charges incurred during the repair or replacement of tyres. It can be bought by paying an extra premium for a standalone own-damage or a comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
What is Tyre Protection Add-on Cover?
Tyre Protect Cover - Tyres are an important car component but take the most abuse. Apart from shouldering the entire weight of the vehicle and its occupants, tyres are subject to all the abuse of varied road surfaces. However, by default, a standard car insurance policy does not offer coverage for them. That is why it is advisable to opt for a tyre protection cover.
A Tyre protection cover is an add-on which can be bought by paying an additional premium with a standalone own-damage or a comprehensive car insurance policy. This car add-on cover provides coverage for the repair and replacement cost of tyres. It also provides insurance cover for accidental loss and damage/cut to the tyres. Tyre protection also covers labour charges incurred during the repair or replacement of tyres.
What is Covered & Not Covered Under A Tyre Protection Add-on?
Following are covered under a tyre protection cover:
1. Cost of Replacing the Damaged Tyre with a New One
Damage to tyres can happen because of several reasons such as cracks, bulges, puncture, cuts, etc. During such times, the replacement of tyres can act as the most feasible option. Therefore, it is advisable to go for a tyre protection cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan in order to cover yourself against the replacement cost of the damaged tyre that can arise because of any of the above-mentioned reasons.
2. Labour Charges toward Removing, Refitting and Rebalancing of the Tyre
Fitting or moving a tyre from one place to another can come to you as an additional expense appearing forwards as labour cost. Owning a tyre protection cover along with a comprehensive car insurance plan will compensate the policyholder for the labour cost for removing, refitting and rebalancing the tyre.
3. Accidents or Misfortune
Incidental misfortune or harm to tire and cylinders which would thus make the tire ill-suited for use. This incorporates situations, for example, swell in tire, blasting of tire and harm/slice to the tire. Damage to the wheels of the car can appear as bulging, crushing, cutting or bursting. Therefore, it is recommended to insure the tyre alongside the car in order to get coverage for tyre damage cost because of an accident.
Following are not covered under a tyre protection cover:
- Cost of puncture and tyre repair.
- Damage arising due to a manufacturing defect or service provided by an unauthorized service centre.
- Expenses on routine maintenance like adjustment, balancing or alignment, etc.
- Damage emerging out of ill-advised capacity or transportation.
Who Should Take Tyre Protection Cover?
- People who travel on a daily basis from their car must make sure that their tyres are protected.
- Those who live in hilly areas should get this protection for their car.
- People who prefer outing in hilly areas and prefer to travel through their own vehicle must get so that any problems faced by the tyres are taken care of.
- Tyre repair cost arising because of taking part in any racing competition or rally is not covered.
- Tyre protection add-on cover does not cover the claim because of theft or vandalism or tube or tyre.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Car Insurance By Popular Car Manufacturers
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Price
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Price
- View Tata Punch Insurance Price
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Price
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Price
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Price
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Price
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Price
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Price
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Price
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Price
- View Honda City Insurance Price
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Price
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Price
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Price
- View Toyota Rumion Insurance Price
- View Renault Triber Insurance Price
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Price
- View Maruti Invicto Insurance Price
Car Insurance Add-ons
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Tyre Protect Cover in Car Insurance FAQ
Is the loss incurred due to theft of tyre covered under tyre protection cover?
Generally, a tyre protection add-on cover does not provide coverage for theft of tyre.
If at the time of claim, I want to upgrade the tyre will that be covered?
The insurance company will allow the replacement of the tyre with the same make and specification. If the same make and specification are not available then the company will pay up to the payable limit only.
Can I opt for tyre protection cover with my third party car insurance policy?
No, a tyre protection cover cannot be opted for with a third party car insurance policy. It can be clubbed only with standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance plans.
Are labour charges incurred during tyre replacement covered under tyre protection cover?
Yes, labour charges incurred during tyre replacement are covered under tyre protection cover.
Can I opt for a tyre protection cover at the time of renewal of my comprehensive car insurance plan?
Yes, you can opt for a tyre protection cover at the time of renewal of your comprehensive car insurance plan.
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023