HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Add-On Covers
- CASHLESS GARAGES 6,800
- CLAIMS SETTLED 89%
- ZERO DEP. CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Maximum Cashless Garages
- Over Night Vehicle Repairs
- 24x7 Roadside Assistance
- Quick Claim Settlement
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Add on Covers
HDFC Ergo General Insurance is one of the leading car insurance providers in India. It offers a wide range of add-on coves with its car insurance plans. Car insurance add-ons are extra coverages which can be opted with comprehensive car insurance plans and standalone own-damage car insurance plans to extend the coverage of the policy in return for an additional premium.
HDFC ERGO - 6 Important Add-on Covers For Your Car Insurance Policy
Following are the add-on covers offered by HDFC Ergo General Insurance with its car insurance plans:
1. Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation of your car and its parts is a natural phenomenon and the liability to pay for it by default falls on you being the car owner. However, by opting for this zero depreciation add-on cover, you can shift the liability of bearing the depreciation expense to the insurer. This cover relieves you from the depreciation applicable on your car and all its metal and plastic parts as 100% except tyres and batteries which are exempted from depreciation at 50%. This add-on can be availed in case of partial loss sustained by your car.
2. Engine and Gearbox Protector
This add-on helps you extend the coverage of your car insurance plan for damage incurred by the parts of your car’s engine and gearbox due to ingression of water and leakage of lubricants. This add-on insures you against the repair/replacement cost as well as the labour cost incurred during such repairs/replacement along with engine cylinder re-boring, compression tests, and other machining charges.
3. No Claim Bonus Protection Cover
As a policyholder, you are rewarded by the insurer for not making any claim during a policy period in the form of a No Claim Bonus. NCB is provided to you in the form of a 20% to 50% discount, depending on the number of claim-free years, on the own-damage premium of your insurance plan. However, this benefit gets lost if you make even a single claim during the policy period. However, if you have a No Claim Bonus Protection Cover, you can keep your NCB intact even after making up to 3 claims during a policy period.
4. Consumables Cover
Consumables refer to those items which when put to use get consumed totally or become unfit for permanent use after the usage. Such consumables include, nuts, bolts, screws, washers, grease, collants, engine and other oils, A/C gas, bearings, battery water, filters, etc. When you opt for this add-on, the expense of this consumable is borne by the insurance provider. Under this add-on, one claim is allowed during the policy period.
5. Return To Invoice Cover
In the event of total loss or theft of your car, the insurer provides you with the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car as compensation. However, this IDV is less than the Invoice Price, the amount which you had paid at the time of purchasing the car. This cover helps you get the Invoice Price as compensation in the event of total loss or theft of your car. The Invoice Prices includes the ex-showroom price, road-tax as well as the registration charges of your car.
6. Emergency Assistance Cover
This cover provides you with emergency roadside assistance in the event of immobilization of your car due to mechanical or electrical breakdown and as long as the fault can be repaired at the place of immobilization within 60 minutes at the spot of immobilization. Besides the repair facility, the add-on cover provides the following services:
- Duplicate Keys- If keys your car get lost or misplaced, the insurer arranges forwarding of duplicate sets from your place of residence.
- Locked/ Lost Keys: In case you get locked-in, the insurer will come to your rescue. If required, the insurer will also tow your car to a nearest safe place.
- Battery Jump Start: If your car does not start due to the battery being discharged, the jump-start of the battery would be arranged.
- Tyre change: If your car has a punctured or burst tyre the insurer would arrange for changing it with the spare tyre carried in your car. In a case where a spare tyre cannot be used, the insurer shall either tow the vehicle to the nearest tyre repair shop or accompany you to the nearest tyre repair shop and back.
- Fuel delivery: If your car runs out of fuel, the insurer will deliver up to 5 litres of fuel (petrol or diesel only). However, cost of fuel would be paid by you.
- Emptying of the Fuel Tank: if the fuel tank of your car is filled with the wrong fuel, the insurer will bear the cost emptying it using a technician.
- Towing and Removal of the Car: In the event you car is immobilized due to the breakdown or accident and on site repair is not possible, the insurer will arrange the towing of your car to the nearest workshop or garage.
Explore Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance
- know about public EV charging in India
- The first step in avoiding traffic collisions is to drive safely.
- The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the market value of your vehicle as well as the best car insurance premium amount.
- There are a few things you should know before installing a CNG kit in your car.
- The best way to get a third-party vehicle insurance policy?
Hdfc Ergo Car Insurance User Reviews
- Add On
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
545 Hdfc Ergo Cashless Garages in India
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Add-On Cover FAQs
Is it necessary to purchase add-ons?
No, it’s not mandatory to opt for car insurance add-ons but it is advisable to have additional protection for your car.
What is engine protection cover in car insurance?
It is an add-on cover which can be purchased with the comprehensive car insurance policy or a standalone own-damage car insurance plan. It offers coverage towards damages or losses incurred by the engine of your car due to oil leakages and water regression.
What is zero depreciation cover in car insurance?
Zero depreciation cover is an add-on which provides coverage against the depreciation incurred by your car and its parts. By default a standard car insurance policy does not cover depreciation expenses of the car. Thus, zero depreciation cover helps you get rid of bearing the expenses caused due to the wear and tear of your car and its parts.
Can I buy add-ons at the time of car insurance policy renewal?
Yes, you can buy add-ons at the time of car insurance policy renewal.
What is Key Replacement cover in car insurance?
Key replacement is an add-on cover which covers the expenses arising out of the replacement of your car’s keys when they are stolen or misplaced.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023