Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance Policy
Bumper to Bumper cover gives 100% coverage to all rubber, fibre, and metal parts without deduction of any depreciation applicable on different parts of the insured car over the years. This add-on cover is becoming more and more popular among the present generation of car buyers, especially people who are purchasing high-end and luxurious cars. When you raise a claim with this cover included, your insurance company will be liable to make payment for almost the entire cost for any damage incurred due to an accident or mishap.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 45 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
What is Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance?
Bumper to Bumper cover is an add-on cover that provides complete coverage to your car irrespective of the depreciation of its parts. It is also known as Nil Depreciation or Zero Depreciation cover. With this add-on cover, if your car sustains any damage or loss due to an accident or a mishap, the insurance company will not deduct the value of depreciation from the coverage (excluding tyres and batteries). The best part of this cover is that your car insurance will pay all the expenses of the replacement of the car body parts.
How Useful Is A Bumper To Bumper Insurance Cover?
It is evident that the inclusion of bumper to bumper add-on cover will bring some advantages that will be over and above the standard car insurance plan. But no benefit comes for free, right. To own this add-on cover, you may have to pay up to a 20% additional premium. It means that you are paying a higher premium already to avoid paying anything during claim settlement in the future. In simple terms, with zero depreciation cover, you are making the payment in advance towards those future costs. It makes the policy affordable and ensures their peace of mind with advance payment. This add-on facility is the best for people with new cars, luxury cars, people driving in accident-prone locations, new or inexperienced car drivers, and so on.
Bumper To Bumper Cover Inclusions and Exclusions
Before opting for a zero depreciation/nil deprecation/bumper to bumper cover, you should understand what is included and excluded under it:
1. Bumper-to-Bumper cover comprises fibreglass components, rubber parts, nylon and plastic parts.
2. The cover can be added to the plan either during the policy purchase or during the renewal.
3. With this add-on cover, the full amount of the claim can be received, while depreciation of up to 40% is applicable under a standard car insurance plan.
4. This add-on cover is more suitable for new cars up to 5 years of age and can be availed for a limited number of times. However, these conditions may differ from insurance company to insurance company.
5. No coverage is provided for normal wear and tear or uninsured perils with this add-on cover.
6. Damages of uninsured items like tyres, bi-fuel kit, mechanical breakdown, etc., are excluded from this cover.
Advantages of Bumper To Bumper Car Insurance Add-on Cover
The benefits of zero depreciation car insurance cover are mentioned below:
1. Increases Coverage: The bumper to bumper add-on cover is beneficial for experienced as well as inexperienced drivers. It enhances the car insurance policy cover to compensate damages or losses of the car sustained in an accident or a mishap.
2. Reduces Repair Cost: The cost of repair arising out of repair or replacement of parts of the insured car is computed without taking the depreciation cost into account. It brings huge benefits for policyholders as it lessens their financial burden to be paid out of pocket.
3. Helps To Save Money: The bumper to bumper cover increases the premium amount of the policy. However, if the insured car gets damaged in an accident, the amount of depreciation will not be taken into consideration while calculating the claim, which makes you get higher compensation, which is generally higher than the add-on premium, which helps you save money.
4. Higher Compensation: With the inclusion of bumper to bumper cover, the amount of the claim is determined without taking the depreciation cost into account. Therefore, it can help you get a higher amount of claims for damages or losses. However, the highest amount of claim that you can get equals the Insured Declare Value and can not surpass that.
5. Peace of Mind: A car insurance policy is designed to give you a layer of protection to policyholders by providing compensation for damage and losses incurred by their cars. It is further strengthened by a bumper to bumper add-on cover that negates the depreciation rate on different parts of the car. It ultimately gets you a higher amount of compensation that brings peace of mind.
Factors Affecting the Premium of Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance Policy
Here are the top factors that will impact the premium of your bumper to bumper add-on cover:
1. Age of the Car
Since the bumper-to-bumper add-on cover is related directly to the depreciation which is applicable with the age of the insured car and its parts, hence, your car’s age play a vital role in determining the premium for your add-on cover.
2. Model of the Car
When it comes to car insurance, the model and variant of a car is also significant as the cost of its parts affects the repair bill, IDV, etc. Hence, the type of car plays an important factor in determining the premium of the bumper to bumper add-on cover.
3. City of the Car
Every city brings some opportunities and risks with it. Hence, in car insurance, the premium of the standard plan and the additional premium of bumper to bumper cover depends on the city you drive your car in.
How to Buy Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance Online?
Bumper-to-bumper car insurance add-on cover can easily be purchased online. One can simply purchase it like a comprehensive car insurance policy. The only difference in the purchase of this cover is that you can include this cover either at the purchase of the policy or at the time of policy renewal. You will have to pay an additional premium to avail of this add-on cover. You can make the payment for its premium online using debit cards, credit cards, net banking, and so on.
Difference Between Comprehensive And Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
Here are some differences between bumper to the bumper cover and a comprehensive car insurance plan that you should know:
Bumper To Bumper Cover
Comprehensive Car Insurance
It is a car insurance add-on cover that you can opt for by paying an additional premium.
The comprehensive policy premium is lesser than bumper to bumper add-on cover.
Compensation is given to policyholders for the complete repair expenses irrespective of the depreciation costs.
Compensation given under the car insurance plan does not provide the depreciation cost on the car parts.
The insurer gives coverage for the repair and replacement of fibre and plastic components of the insured car.
A partial amount of repair and replacement of plastic, metal, and fibreglass components of the insured car is to be paid.
The coverage is offered to cars of up to 5 years of age.
The insurance cover is provided to cars of up to 15 years of age.
A limited number of claims are allowed under this add-on cover.
An unlimited number of claims are allowed under this car insurance cover.
Bumper to Bumper Cover vs Normal Car Insurance
Let's understand what difference bumper to bumper cover brings into a normal car insurance policy.
Age of Car
Depreciation Rate Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation Rate With Zero Depreciation Cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of Car
Depreciation Rate Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Depreciation Rate With Zero Depreciation Cover
Tyres and Tubes, Batteries and Airbags parts
Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance Cost
The cost of bumper to bumper add-on cover is a little higher as compared to standard car insurance. The higher premium is charged as it covers every part of your car and does not consider the depreciation value of your replaced car parts while computing the claim. With the addition of this add-on cover, you can get complete coverage for the claim raised. It is recommended despite being available at a higher cost as its premium is marginal when compared to the money which you might have to pay for repair from your pocket under the comprehensive cover.
Limitations of Bumper to Bumper Cover
The bumper to bumper cover also holds some limitations. These are things or situations for which it does not provide coverage:
- If the person is caught doing illegal driving
- If the policyholder drives without a driving licence
- If the private car is being used as a commercial vehicle
- Engine damages incurred due to water ingression or oil leakage
- Damages like wear and tear of bearings, clutch plates, tyres, and so on
- Driving the car under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances.
Does Bumper to Bumper Insurance Cover Everything?
Many people think buying a bumper to bumper cover will make them get complete coverage. Although you pay an additional premium to opt for this add-on cover still does not give coverage to some aspects of the claim. Some of which are as follow:
- No coverage for car parts of rubber, plastic, nylon and batteries. However, a minimum of 50% depreciation is computed before the insurer settles the claim.
- The car parts of fibreglass are depreciated by 30% and could not avail the complete coverage unlike metal parts
- Wooden parts of the insured car will get a 5% depreciation in the first year which increases to 10% in the second year, and so on.
Car Insurance for Popular Car Models
Car Insurance Add on Covers
- Bajaj Allianz
- Future Generali
- Hdfc Ergo
- Icici Lombard
- Iffco Tokio
- New India
- Raheja Qbe
- Royal Sundaram
- Tata Aig
- United India
- Universal Sompo
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Car Insurance By Popular Car Manufacturers
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Price
- View Tata Nexon Insurance Price
- View Tata Punch Insurance Price
- View Maruti Brezza Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Price
- View Mahindra XUV700 Insurance Price
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Price
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Price
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Price
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Price
- View Tata Tiago Insurance Price
- View Maruti Wagon R Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Price
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Price
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Price
- View BMW i7 Insurance Price
- View Honda City Insurance Price
- View Volkswagen Virtus Insurance Price
- View Toyota Innova Crysta Insurance Price
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Price
- View Toyota Rumion Insurance Price
- View Renault Triber Insurance Price
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Price
- View Maruti Invicto Insurance Price
Car Insurance Add-ons
Learn about Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Are zero depreciation and bumper to bumper cover different? Well, the answer to this question is NO. They are just the two names for the same add-on.
- Confused what the bumper to bumper add-on cover offers? Read this article to clear all your doubts.
- To learn about bumper to bumper car insurance, read along.
Car Insurance Companies Reviews & Ratings
Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance FAQs
Can the wear and tear of tyres and tubes of the insured car be covered under the bumper to bumper cover?
No, the bumper to bumper add-on cover does not provide any coverage for wear and tear of tyre and tube. To cover the tyre and tube of your car, you need to opt for other add-on covers.
What is the process to make claim insurance for bumper to bumper insurance cover?
You can raise the claim request for bumper to bumper cover is exactly the same as comprehensive cover. The most important thing considered under this add-on cover is that no depreciation cost is taken into account while deciding the Insured Declared Value (IDV) which enables you to get the full market value of the car. Some common steps to claim this car insurance policy are:
- Inform your Insurance Company at the earliest and raise the claim
- Send your car for the assessment of the extent of the damage. Confirm if you are going to get the full compensation
- Get your car repaired at the network garage of your insurance company where the repair expenses will be directly settled
- Sign and submit the customer satisfaction voucher and get your car to the home.
Are bumper to bumper cover and comprehensive insurance policy the same?
No, they are not the same. A comprehensive car insurance policy is the basic car insurance cover while the bumper to bumper cover is an add-on cover. You cannot buy a bumper to bumper cover without owning a comprehensive car insurance policy but you can buy the comprehensive cover without this add-on cover.
Does bumper to bumper add-on cover is worth claiming for car scratches?
Since the bumper to bumper cover can be claimed only a limited number of times in a policy year, it clearly means that you should refrain from raising small claims such as scratches, etc. By bearing those small car insurance claims, you can get the opportunity to raise the claim for major damages.
Should I purchase the bumper to bumper add-on cover for used cars?
Bumper to bumper add-on cover also known as zero depreciation cover is generally recommended for new or costly cars that ask for higher maintenance. However, you are suggested to buy this cover only if your car is less than 5 years of age, otherwise, no should not go for it as it will only increase your car insurance premium.
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023