Term Life Insurance Premium Calculator
Date of Birth
Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Choose required coverage to secure your family’s future
Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Life T&Cs
Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance has simplified terms and conditions that policyholders should make a note of when purchasing life insurance and other insurance plans. Following are the terms and conditions of Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Plans
1. Renewal: The continuance of the term insurance policy in Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance is subject to regular renewal on or before the due date. The policyholder gets a grace time to renew the policy. In the absence of renewal, the policy stands to lapse.
2. Free Look Period: Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance policies come with a free look period of 15 days (30 days for online policies) within which the customer can return the policy and claim a refund. The company deducts administrative charges and refunds the amount accordingly.
3. Grace Period: Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance offers a grace period of 30 days from the date of unpaid premiums. If the policyholder fails to pay the unpaid premium at the end of the grace period, the policy will lapse.
4. Nomination: Nomination is allowed under the term insurance plan as per section 39 of the Insurance Act, 2015, as amended from time to time.
5. Assignment: Assignment is allowed under the term insurance plan as per section 38 of the Insurance Act, 2015, as amended from time to time.
6. Suicide Exclusion: In case of life assured’s death due to suicide within 12 months from the date of commencement of the policy as applicable, the nominee or beneficiary will receive at least 80% of the total premiums paid till the date of death or the provided the policy is in force.
7. Taxation Laws Compliance: Income Tax Laws in India regulate all Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance policy payments. The policyholders get income tax benefits on the payment of insurance premium under different sections of the Income Tax Act. However, the bonus or the benefits receivable on the maturity or the death benefit are free of tax.
8. Termination of the Policy: The policy will terminate at the earliest of:
- The date of processing the Free Look cancellation request
- The date on which lump-sum death benefit / final installment of death benefit is paid
- On the expiry of the policy’s revival period
- On the date of policy maturity.
- On the date of payment of surrender benefit
- In the event of forfeiture.
9. Proper Disclosure of Facts: The policyholder is responsible for disclosing accurate information regarding age and other medical issues. If it is found out that there was a suppression of critical information at the claim settlement stage, Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance can decline the claim.
10. Inform Any Change: The policyholder is duty-bound to inform Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance of any change in the address, occupation, phone number, and other material aspects.
11. Duplicate Policy Document: If the policyholder misplaces the document, he/she can apply to Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance for the issuance of a duplicate policy. The company issues the duplicate after completing the necessary formalities.
12. Grievances: The policyholder has the right to approach the grievance cell if not satisfied with the services offered by Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance. Under such circumstances, one should follow the laid down procedure.
13. Jurisdiction and Exclusive Rights: Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance has the absolute and exclusive rights to alter, review, delete, or revise any of the terms and conditions listed above. All disputes and terms and conditions are subject to and governed by Indian laws. They are subject to change if the Indian laws deem so.
Explore Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
Latest News on Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
- Riders are add-ons that help enhance the protection provided by insurance policies. Find out more on the advantage of having a rider.
- One of the better ways to organize your life investment cover is to use a Money Back guarantee. You will not only receive money at regular intervals during the policy term, a sum assured at the policy's conclusion, and bonus amounts as specified by the in
- A typical insurance policy usually pays out the sum assured if the insured dies within the policy term. The payout, sometimes known as a death benefit, was previously only available to the insured person's nominees or claimants. The insurance company is
- A money back policy is a type of life insurance that pays out cash at predetermined intervals. This money back is computed as a percentage of the policyholder's chosen sum assured. A money return policy gives you the extra advantage of insurance as well a
- The major benefit of money return insurance is that it provides a steady stream of income at predetermined periods, allowing the insured to meet his or her expenses during the policy's tenure. Furthermore, this plan provides a guaranteed return on investm
Why to Buy Life Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 1,50,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Life Insurance News
Riders are add-ons that help enhance the protection provided...16 December 2021
One of the better ways to organize your life investment cove...26 October 2021
A typical insurance policy usually pays out the sum assured ...14 October 2021
A money back policy is a type of life insurance that pays ou...11 October 2021
The major benefit of money return insurance is that it provi...06 October 2021
Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance User Reviews
Claim Process at Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
Claim IntimationIn the event of the death of the life assured, the insurance company should be intimated as early as possible.
Submission of DocumentsFor easy claim settlement, claim form, original policy document, death certificate and others documents should be submitted on time.
Claim EvaluationAfter successful submission of documents, the insurance company will thoroughly evaluate the claim filed.
Claim SettlementIf claim request is approved, claim is settled within 30 days. In case of additional investigation, claim process may take 120 days.