5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India You Can Buy in 2023
Updated On Nov 10, 2023
With different coverage features, different premium amounts, and different add-on benefits in all, one may not be able to find the best health insurance in India for oneself in such a complicated situation.
But do you need to worry? With InsuranceDekho at your service, the answer is NO.
InsuranceDekho offers the best health insurance plans in the market and helps you buy the most suitable one for you within a few minutes. These policies ensure a healthy future for your entire family and cover your healthcare expenses including hospitalization expenses, emergency ambulance, daycare expenses, and even critical illnesses in some cases.
To narrow down the options from many health insurance companies and even more health insurance plans in the market, we are here with a list of best health insurance plans for 2023.
Best Health Insurance Plans in India
|Health Insurance Plans||Covid-19 Coverage||Age Limit (Min-Max)||Sum Insured (Min-Max)||Network Hospitals|
|Aditya Birla Active Assure Diamond Plan||Yes||5 Years & Above||Rs. 2 Lakh - Rs. 2 Crore||6000+|
|Bajaj Allianz Health Guard||Yes||18-65 Years||Rs. 1.5 Lakh - Rs. 50 Lakh||6500+|
|Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Plan||Yes||91 Days - 65 Years||Rs. 5 Lakh - Rs. 1 Crore||4500+|
|Care Health Care Plan (Religare Care)||Yes||91 Days & Above||Rs. 4 Lakh - Rs. 6 Crore||7800+|
|Chola MS Healthline Plan||Yes||18-65 Years||Rs. 2 Lakh - Rs. 25 Lakh||7250+|
|Digit Health Care Plus||Yes||N/A||Rs. 2 Lakh - Rs. 25 Lakh||5900+|
|Edelweiss Health Plan||Yes||90 Days - 65 Years||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 1 Crore||2578+|
|Future Generali CritiCare Plan||Yes||18-65 Years||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 50 Lakh||5100+|
|HDFC ERGO my:health Suraksha Silver Smart||Yes||18 Years & Above||Rs. 3 Lakh - Rs. 5 Lakh||10000+|
|HDFC ERGO Health Optima Restore Plan (Apollo Munich Optima Restore Plan)||Yes||5-65 Years||Rs. 5 Lakh - Rs. 50 Lakh||10000+|
|IFFCO Tokio Health Protector Plus||Yes||18-65 Years||Rs. 2 Lakh - Rs. 25 Lakh||5000+|
|Kotak Health Premier||Yes||18-65 Years||-||4800+|
|Liberty Health Connect Supra Top-up||Yes||18-65 Years||Rs. 3 Lakh - Rs. 1 Crore||3600+|
|ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance||Yes||18 Years & Above||Rs. 2.5 Lakh - Rs. 1 Crore||6500+|
|Max Bupa Health Companion Individual Plan||Yes||91 Days & Above||Rs. 3 Lakh - Rs. 1 Crore||4500+|
|National Parivar Mediclaim Plus||Yes||18-65 Years||Rs. 6 Lakh - Rs. 50 Lakh||6000+|
|New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Policy||Yes||60-80 Years||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 1.5 Lakh||3000+|
|Oriental Individual Mediclaim Policy||Yes||18-65 Years||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 10 Lakh||4300+|
|Raheja QBE Comprehensive Plan||Yes||90 Days-65 Years||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 50 Lakh||5000+|
|Reliance Critical illness Insurance||Yes||8-55, 60, & 65 Years (as per the SI)||Rs. 5 Lakh - Rs. 10 Lakh||7300+|
|Royal Sundaram Lifeline Supreme Health Plan||Yes||18 Years & Above||Rs. 5 Lakh - Rs. 50 Lakh||5000+|
|SBI Arogya Premier Policy||Yes||3 months – 65 Years||Rs. 10 Lakh - Rs. 30 Lakh||6000+|
|Star Family Health Optima Plan||Yes||18-65 Years||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 25 Lakh||9900+|
|Tata AIG MediCare Plan||Yes||5-65 Years||Rs. 3 Lakh - Rs. 20 Lakh||4000+|
|UNI CritiCare Health Care Plan||Yes||18-65 Years||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 10 Lakh||7000+|
|Universal Sompo Complete Healthcare Plan||Yes||18 Years & Above||Rs. 1 Lakh - Rs. 10 Lakh||5000+|
**Last Updated on 06-12-2020
Disclaimer : *InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurer or insurance product offered by an insurer.
Let us explore the 5 best health insurance plans in India.
|S. No||Health Insurance Plans|
|1||Care Plan by Care Health Insurance (Religare)|
|2||Star Family Health Optima Plan|
|3||HDFC ERGO Optima Restore Family Plan (Apollo Munich)|
|4||HDFC Ergo General Health Suraksha Gold Plan|
|5||Max Bupa Health Companion Individual Plan|
1. Care Plan by Care Health Insurance (Religare)
Care plan from Care Health Insurance is a comprehensive health insurance policy that covers medical expenses of the injured occurring from any injury, illness, or accident. Care plan is available in 5 variants, viz., Care 3 (Super Saver), Care 4 (Elite), Care 5 (Elite Plus), Care 6 (Global), and Care 7 (Global Plus).
Policyholders can opt for a sum insured ranging between Rs. 4 Lakh to Rs. 6 Crore under this plan. The policy also offers many add-on benefits that the policyholders can opt for by paying a little extra premium. These include No Claim Bonus Super, Unlimited Automatic Recharge, everyday care, personal accident cover, smart select, air ambulance, global coverage, and international second opinion.
- All daycare treatments are included
- In-patient hospitalization expenses up to sum insured limit
- Global cover on a cashless basis across a network of hospitals
- Pre hospitalization expenses for up to 30 days
- Post hospitalization expenses for up to 60 days
- Domiciliary hospitalization expenses for up to a specified limit
- Expenses for the treatment of AIDS
- Congenital diseases
- Expenses arising due to self-harm
- Expenses incurred from an addiction such as alcohol, tobacco, etc.
- Any expenses arising due to war, strike, riot, etc.
2. Star Family Health Optima Health Insurance
Star Optima Plan can be considered as a super saver health insurance product that covers your entire family at a nominal premium. You can include self, spouse, and dependent children aged between 16 days to 25 years. The policy offers the benefits of lifetime renewability and you can purchase this if you are aged between 18 years to 65 years.
Policyholders can choose to sum insured options ranging from Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 25 Lakh. The best part about this plan is that it offers 3 times automatic restoration of the sum insured by 100% for every complete exhaustion.
- All daycare procedures
- In-patient hospitalization expenses
- Air ambulance charges up to a specified limit
- Domiciliary hospitalization expenses (treatment at home)
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses for up to 60 and 90 days respectively
- Vaccination except for post-bite and other medical treatment
- Injuries occurred due to war or warlike situation
- Expenses arising due to any act of self-harm
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Dental treatments
3. HDFC ERGO Optima Restore Family Plan (Apollo Munich)
HDFC Health Insurance (Apollo Munich) Optima Restore Family Plan is one of the most popular health insurance plans offered by Apollo Munich. Anyone who is aged between 91 days and 65 years can be covered under this policy with sum insured options ranging between Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 50 Lakh.
Some of the incredible benefits offered by this plan are-domiciliary treatment cover, cover for pre and post hospitalization expenses, air ambulance cover, and so on. The best feature of this plan is the Stay Active benefits which reward you for living an active lifestyle. All you need to do is walk and stay active and you will be eligible to avail of discounts on premiums.
- Road ambulance cover
- Lifetime renewability
- Cover for daycare procedures
- In-patient hospitalization cover
- 100% increase in sum insured for every 2 claim-free years
- Mental disorders
- Cosmetic surgeries
- Expenses occurred in the treatment of HIV/AIDS
- Any treatment within an initial 30 days from purchase of the policy
- Treatment is due to addictive substances like alcohol, tobacco etc.
4. HDFC Ergo General Health Suraksha Gold Policy
HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Plan is an ideal choice for individuals as well as families that covers them against major healthcare expenses. With sum insured options ranging from Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 10 Lakh, this product from HDFC Ergo is high on benefits.
The minimum age to seek coverage under this policy is 91 days and the best part is that there is no maximum age limit. The plan comes in several variants-Silver, Gold, and Platinum with a different sum insured option and benefits under them. Some common benefits of the plan are listed below.
- Cover for organ donor expenses
- Cover for in-patient hospitalization expenses without any limit on room rent or diseases covered
- Pre-hospitalization expenses covered for up to 60 days
- Post-hospitalization expenses covered for up to 90 days
- Cover for daycare procedures
- Cover for treatment of mental disorders
- Expenses related to cosmetic surgeries
- Expenses related to the treatment of obesity
- Accidents occurring due to war or warlike situations
- Accidents arising due to participation in adventure activities
5. Max Bupa Health Companion Individual Health Insurance Policy
Max Bupa Health Companion Individual plan can be the ultimate source of financial support when you require it at the time of a health emergency. Anyone aged above 91 days can be covered under this policy. The best part of this plan is that it offers cover for sum insured as low as Rs. 2 Lakh and as high as Rs. 1 Crore. Also, the plan can cover up to 19 relationships.
This plan is a must buy if you want high coverage but at a premium amount that does not burn your pocket. You will get a discount of 12.5% on the premium of the second year if you buy this plan for 2 years from Insurancedekho and pay in advance.
- 15 day free look period
- Lifetime renewability option
- In-patient hospitalization treatment
- Tax saving under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- 30 and 60 days pre and post hospitalization expenses
- Cover for OPD expenses
- LASER and eye-based treatment
- Expenses incurred from the treatment of HIV/AIDS
- Accidents occurring due to war or warlike situations
- Any expense incurred due to self-harm
Now that you have gained insights about popular health insurance plans of 2020, you must be wondering how you can purchase them online.
Read further to know the process of buying health insurance online at InsuranceDekho.
How to Buy Best Health Insurance Online at InsuranceDekho?
Buying a health insurance policy online at InsuranceDekho is a quick, transparent, and smooth process. All you need to do is follow the steps given below and you can own the policy within a few minutes.
1. Fill in Your Details: Fill in your details like age, family members to be covered, etc. You will see the most suitable health insurance quotes on your screen.
2. Compare Quotes And Choose Policy: From several health insurance quotes displayed on our screen, select the most suitable health insurance policy as per your budget and requirements.
3. Make the Payment Online: Pay the health insurance premium online through a secured payment gateway. Note that InsuranceDekho offers flexible modes of payment that ensure the utmost ease to the customers. Once the payment process has been completed, you will receive the policy documents within the stipulated time via email.
Note that you can also use InsuranceDekho’s health insurance premium calculator and get an estimate of the premium to be paid for the selected health insurance. It helps you make an informed buying decision.
Deciding on the best health insurance is no child’s play. But this list is sure to offer you some relief.
In case you still have any doubt about any of the health insurance plans listed above or want to buy one by following an easy process, then get in touch with the customer care executives at Insurancedekho who will put in their best efforts to help you buy a plan which is the best suited for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is my health insurance plan valid PAN India?
Ans: Medical emergencies can arise anywhere and at any time. Therefore, insurance companies provide health plans that offer expenses for treatment anywhere in India. However, before buying any health plan you should make sure if the claim settlement in your plan has any geographical limitations or not.
Q2. Am I entitled to get coverage for my pre-existing illness?
Ans: For a specific duration, coverage for pre-existing illnesses is excluded by all the insurance companies. There is a waiting period to be considered before getting any form of coverages from the insurer for your pre-existing illness.
Q3. Will I get a claim if I am admitted to a non-network hospital?
Ans: During the emergency hour, you might get admitted in a non-network hospital. However, do not worry as you can get your treatment expenses in a non-network hospital reimbursed. For this purpose, you need to present your insurer with all your medical bills to get them reimbursed. Therefore, learn regarding the reimbursement procedure, documents required and the deadline for informing the insurer if any such condition arises.
Q4. How to find network hospitals?
Ans: All insurance companies provide cashless claim settlement facilities to the policyholders. In order to avail of the benefits of cashless treatment, you are required to get admitted in one of the network hospitals. The insurance company has a list of hospitals that are in their network. Therefore, before buying the policy it is important to go through the list of network hospitals to know whether your preferred hospital is in the network hospitals list of your insurance provider or not.
Q5. How can I select the best health insurance plan?
Ans: You can consider the following tips before buying a health insurance plan:
- Right policy coverage
- Check waiting period clause
- Lifetime Renewability option
- Check Co-payment clause
- Choose an insurance company with a high claim settlement ratio