Individual Health Insurance
Individual health insurance plans offer coverage for several healthcare expenses to an individual, as per the sum insured chosen and premium paid. On the premium paid for these plans, one can avail of tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
What is Individual Health Insurance?
An individual health insurance plan is a type of health insurance that covers the health care expenses of the insured individual. It pays for the hospitalisation and surgical expenses of the policyholder up to the sum insured limit. It can also be purchased along with a company-sponsored health ins plan for extended coverage as the company-sponsored policies do not always offer adequate coverage. One of the best things is that individual health insurance plans are highly customizable and let the policy buyer select from a range of coverage features. These plans are renewable for a lifetime and one can avail of tax benefits under Section 80D on the premium paid for them.
Best Individual Health Insurance Plans in India for December 2023
With so many individual health insurance plans in the market, it might be a daunting task to choose the most suitable one. So, here we have compiled a list of top individual health insurance plans offered by popular health insurance companies, along with their benefits:
Health Insurance Company
Health Insurance Plans
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Oriental Health Insurance
Star Health And Allied Insurance
United India Insurance
Universal Sompo General Insurance
Need For Individual Health Insurance
An individual health insurance plan helps the insured to manage their finances during an unexpected medical emergency. As healthcare expenses are rising in India, and lifestyle changes have made everyone prone to several illnesses, it is recommended for all to have medical insurance for individuals that offers them adequate coverage. Be it a person with high health risks, an individual with other family members already insured, or a person yet to start a family, an individual health insurance plan is always an ideal choice to ensure health.
Benefits Of Individual Health Insurance
An individual health insurance plan offers the policy buyers the following benefits:
1. Wide and complete coverage against healthcare expenses
2. Available at an affordable premium
3. Freedom to customize the plan
4. Tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act
5. Availability of no claim bonus as a reward for not making any claim.
How Many Members Can Be Covered Under an Individual Health Insurance?
As the name suggests, a private medical insurance plan allows insurance coverage only for one person.
Factors to Consider When Buying Individual Health Insurance
With many health insurance companies offering medical insurance for individuals, it can become difficult for someone to choose the plan that suits their requirements in the best possible manner. To simplify the process, refer to the below-mentioned list of key factors that must be considered when purchasing a private medical insurance plan:
1. Sum Insured: One should go for a sufficient sum insured amount, otherwise one may have to compromise or pay from own pocket at the time of claim.
2. Inclusions And Exclusions: Before buying a health insurance policy, check its inclusions and exclusions thoroughly. The policy buyer must be aware of what the policy is offering to avoid any discrepancy at the time of claim.
3. Network Hospitals: One should go for individual health insurance plans that have a wide network of hospitals where the insured can avail of cashless treatment. This saves time at the time of emergency.
4. Additional Benefits: Several individual health plans offer the insured additional benefits like daily hospital cash benefit, sum insured reinstatement, organ donor expenses, convalescence benefit, etc. One should opt for a policy with maximum benefits as per their requirement.
5. Premium: It may seem lucrative to buy an individual health plans with a low premium. But it is only good if it offers extensive coverage to the insured, which is not always the case. So, it is recommended to choose a health insurance plan that comes at an affordable premium, yet offers sufficient benefits.
How to Buy Individual Health Ins Plans Online At InsuranceDekho?
Buying individual health insurance plans online at InsuranceDekho just takes a few minutes. Follow the steps given below to own a policy:
1. Visit www.insurancedekho.com, and click on the ‘health’ tab.
2. Select Gender and enter your Name. Then enter your Mobile number. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on the given number. Please enter that.
3. Answer the question, ‘When you can purchase the health insurance policy?’ and click on the ‘View Instant Quotes’ button to proceed.
4. If you want to add family members along with yourself in the policy, then select them and their ages. Click on ‘Continue’.
5. Enter your Email ID and your city. Then click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button.
6. You will see many individual medical health insurance on your screen. Choose the most suitable one out of them considering your requirements and budget.
7. Select the policy term. Then enter the required details. Pay the health insurance premium online via any flexible mode of payment offered.
Individual health coverage can also be purchased offline at InsuranceDekho. All that is required is to contact the customer care executives.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Choose Individual Health Insurance Plan With
- Care Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Zuno Health Insurance
- New India Assurance Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA (now ICICI Lombard) Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- Magma HDI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Learn more about individual Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
FAQ About Individual Health Insurance
What is individual health insurance and how does it work?
As the name suggests, an individual health insurance plan is a health insurance policy purchased by an individual for themselves and their family on the basis of personal requirements and budget.
When should I buy an individual health insurance plan?
It is recommended to buy an individual insurance policy as soon as possible. Even if you are covered under a corporate health insurance policy, still, you must opt for an individual policy for extensive coverage. This insurance policy can be purchased by anyone even if they have a pre-existing disease.
What is covered under individual health insurance?
An individual health insurance plan covers all essential healthcare benefits such as cover for road ambulance expenses, daycare procedures, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, domiciliary hospitalisation expenses, organ donor expenses, etc. However, the coverage features may vary with different individual health insurance plans.
What is the waiting period for individual health insurance?
Individual health insurance plans generally come with an initial waiting period of at least 30 days. However, the waiting periods for pre-existing diseases range between 1 year and 4 years, and for that of specific diseases range between one-two years.
What are the eligibility criteria for individual health insurance?
Generally, the eligibility criteria for individual plans is 18 years to 60 years. However, the eligibility criteria vary from plan to plan.
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance News
Explore the world of Religare Health Insurance with our guid...23 November 2023
Health insurance premium is the amount you pay to get covera...22 November 2023
Health insurance plans, like other goods and services, incur...21 November 2023
Find out all about ICICI Lombard health plans and their bene...07 November 2023
Find out all about the different ways in which you can retai...24 October 2023