What is Stroke?
A stroke occurs when there is a loss of blood flow to part of the brain, due to which the brain cells do not receive the required nutrients and oxygen. Common symptoms of stroke include numbness in some portion of the body, dropping of vision, problem in speaking, and problem in maintaining balance.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
A stroke happens when part of the cerebrum loses its blood supply and quits working. This causes the portion of the body that the harmed cerebrum controls to quit working.
There are two types of strokes:
- Ischemic stroke: In this type of stroke blood flow stops in a part of the brain.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: When internal bleeding happens in the brain, it is known as Hemorrhagic stroke.
Before an actual stroke, people may experience a small stroke that resolves in practically no time, yet may take as long as 24 hours all alone without treatment. This is an admonition sign that a stroke may happen soon.
From the beginning of the appearance of symptoms of a stroke, there is just a 3 to 4.5-hour window to utilize clot-busting drugs (thrombolytics) to attempt to reestablish blood flow to the influenced portion of the brain.
What Are The Symptoms of A Stroke?
The symptoms of a stroke are:
- Sudden unconsciousness
- loss of motion or strength of half or some part of the body
- Numbness in some portion of the body
- Dropping of vision
- Problem in speaking
- Problem in maintaining balance
How Is A Stroke Treated?
In case of an ischemic stroke, thrombolytic treatment utilizing tPA (tissue plasminogen activator) might be a choice. TPA breaks up the coagulation that is obstructing the artery in the cerebrum and reestablishes blood flow. During the time period of about 3-to-4½ hours before the stroke, the patient or family needs to track the stroke warning signs, get the patient to an emergency clinic (call 9-1-1), have the patient surveyed by the medical care proficient, who plays out a CT output to search for different reasons for stroke (counting discharge or tumor), talks with a nervous system specialist, and balances out the patient's circulatory strain and relaxing. At exactly that point would it be able to be an ideal opportunity to control the TPA or call an interventional radiologist or neurosurgeon to attempt to eliminate the coagulation (mechanical thrombectomy).
Hemorrhagic strokes are hard to treat, so it's basic to counsel a pro (neurosurgeon) promptly to help decide if any treatment alternatives are accessible to the patient (potentially aneurysm cutting, hematoma clearing, or different procedures). Treatment for hemorrhagic strokes, rather than ischemic strokes, doesn't utilize TPA or other thrombolytic specialists, as these could compound dying, make the indications of hemorrhagic stroke even more regrettable, and cause death. Therefore, it is imperative to recognize a hemorrhagic stroke and an ischemic stroke before treatment starts.
Critical Illness Plans For Stroke
As the treatment of a patient suffering from a stroke is quite costly, it is prescribed for a family or patient to have a critical illness insurance policy as it covers the medical expenses. A critical illness insurance policy gives the insured person the amount if he has suffered from a critical illness. A critical illness insurance policy covers your medical expenses against various critical illnesses like heart attack, kidney failure, coma, cancer etc.
At InsuranceDekho, you will see critical illness insurance policies from numerous insurers that cover the expenses because of stroke. Some of them are Digit's critical illness insurance policy, Max Bupa Criticare plan, ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care plan etc. Best of all, the insured person can utilize the sum obtained from the insurer for the treatment, any debt(s), benefit treatment on an unfamiliar land, or to compensate for the loss of pay because of the sickness.
Why Buy Critical Illness Insurance For Stroke Online at InsuranceDekho?
InsuranceDekho offers you a quick, straightforward, and smooth purchasing measure. The gateway permits you to purchase basic sickness protection plans for stroke within moments at reasonable premiums. You simply need to visit the entryway and enter a few information as required. You can utilize InsuranceDekho's health insurance premium calculator to compare various health care insurers according to the premium you want.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Health Insurance Companies
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- Magma HDI Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- New India Assurance Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA (now ICICI Lombard) Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Navi Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Zuno Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Acko Health Insurance
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Learn more about stroke Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
FAQ About What is Stroke?
What is a critical illness policy?
A critical illness insurance policy covers your and family members’ expenses against critical illness like stroke, kidney failure etc.
Does my critical insurance policy cover only strokes?
No, it covers various diseases like paralysis, stroke, deafness, coma, kidney failure, cancer etc.
Are there any tax benefits on the payment of the premium of critical illness insurance policy?
Yes. You can get tax benefits on the payment of premium for critical illness insurance under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Can I get more than 1 claim under a critical illness insurance policy?
No. You can claim only once under this policy for any of the diseases listed under the critical illness policy.
Which documents will be required to get a claim of a critical illness insurance policy?
The following documents will be needed:
- Properly filled claim form
- Discharge summary( original)
- Relevant treatment papers
- Medical reports for the treatment
- Original hospital bills
- Medical bills and prescriptions
- Other documents asked by the insurer
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance News
Explore the world of Religare Health Insurance with our guid...23 November 2023
Health insurance premium is the amount you pay to get covera...22 November 2023
Health insurance plans, like other goods and services, incur...21 November 2023
Find out all about ICICI Lombard health plans and their bene...07 November 2023
Find out all about the different ways in which you can retai...24 October 2023