What is CABG Surgery?
Coronary artery bypass surgery or CABG is a surgical procedure which is also known as heart bypass surgery or simply bypass surgery in colloquial terms. CABG is usually recommended for patients with coronary disease or significant blockages in the arteries surrounding the heart. There are several risks associated with it including stroke, memory loss, etc.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
CABG stands for coronary artery bypass graft surgery, and is also known as coronary artery bypass surgery. Colloquially, it is also known as heart bypass surgery or simply bypass surgery. It is a surgical procedure performed for the purpose of restoring normal blood flow to a coronary artery that has been obstructed. That is, it is a surgery for improving blood flow to the heart.
When is CABG Surgery needed?
CABG is usually recommended for patients with coronary disease or significant blockages in the arteries surrounding the heart. It will create new routes around arteries that are blocked or narrowed, thus restoring blood flow to the heart. This build-up of blockages can be caused by numerous factors:
- High blood pressure
- Elevated cholesterol
- Increased age
- Family risk of cardiovascular disease
How is CABG Surgery Performed?
The steps involved in performing this procedure are as follows:
- An incision is made down the middle of the chest.
- Using a saw, the sternum or breastbone is cut through.
- The cutting of the sternum is called a median sternotomy.
- Iced salt water is used to cool the heart.
- A preservative solution is injected into the arteries.
- This process is known as cardioplegia, and it minimises the risk of damage that can occur to the heart and arteries during the surgery.
- A cardiopulmonary bypass must be established for the surgery to take place. This is done by placing a plastic tube into the right atrium, so that venous blood is pumped out of the heart to the heart-lung machine through a screen that oxygenates it.
- This oxygenated blood is then returned to the body. Therefore the functioning of the heart is taken over by the heart-lung machine.
- The main aorta is clamped to create a bloodless field for the procedure to be done.
Risks Associated with CABG Surgery
The following are some of the risks associated with CABG surgery:
- Breathing problems
- Kidney failure
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Heart Attack
- Memory loss
- Allergic reaction to anaesthesia
- Bleeding during or after the surgery
- Lung Problems
- Infection at the incision site
- Failure of the graft
- Kidney problems
- Blood clots
Health Insurance Plans for CABG Surgery
Health insurance is a recognisably important coverage for all individuals to have. Most health insurance companies will be offering some sort of health insurance coverage which will cover most of the common health problems. However, many insurance companies have now introduced critical illness insurance as a specialised healthcare policy to attract more customers and offer them additional coverage which will put them at ease. These policies provide an extra cushion for an individual’s healthcare costs which have been rising steadily over the years. Some of the popular companies which offer health insurance for critical illness are Bharti Axa General Insurance, ICICI Lombard, or Reliance Insurance.
Why Buy Critical Health Insurance Online for CABG Surgery at InsuranceDekho?
When it comes to buying health insurance policies that offer coverage for CABG surgery, InsuranceDekho offers a process that is seamless. The procedure of purchasing critical health insurance policies with InsuranceDekho is paperless and quick, saving you valuable time and effort. Thus it is extremely convenient for customers. The following benefits are available to you on purchasing a critical illness policy from InsuranceDekho:
- Multiple health insurance quotes from popular insurers for open heart replacement or repair of heart valves
- Quick policy issuance
- Post policy purchase assistance
- Help from experts at the time of purchasing a policy
- Flexible modes of payment offered
- Assistance during filing a claim settlement
- Online premium calculator available to get an estimate of health insurance premium even before buying a policy
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Health Insurance Companies
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- Magma HDI Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- New India Assurance Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA (now ICICI Lombard) Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Navi Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Zuno Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Acko Health Insurance
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Learn more about coronary artery-bypass-surgery Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
FAQ About What is CABG Surgery?
What is critical illness insurance cover for CABG surgery?
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) is a type of surgery that improves the flow of blood to the heart. A critical illness plan for CABG surgery covers you against the expenses related to the surgery.
How do critical illness plans for CABG surgery work?
On diagnosis, a critical illness policy for CABG surgery pays you in a lump sum according to the sum insured chosen. You can use this amount as per your choice, be it for the treatment, or for paying off the debts (if any), or otherwise.
How to buy critical illness cover for CABG surgery?
You can buy critical illness cover for CABG surgery online at InsuranceDekho by following the steps given below:
- Visit www.insurancedekho.com. Click on the Health tab.
- Select your Gender and then enter your Name and Mobile Number. You will receive an OTP on the given number. Please enter that.
- Enter the time when you can buy the plan. Click on ‘View Instant Quotes’. You can add family members along with self if you want. Select the age of the members and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter your Email ID and City. Click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button. Choose the most suitable policy from the displayed quotes.
- Select the policy period and enter the necessary details. Pay the health insurance premium online via a secured payment gateway.
Why is a critical illness plan for CABG surgery important?
Expenses incurred in CABG surgery are huge. To stay protected from these expenses in case of an emergency, you must timely opt for a critical illness insurance policy for CABG surgery. The plan will also protect you from other critical illnesses such as cancer, coma, liver diseases, heart attack, etc.
Why should I buy a critical illness insurance plan for CABG surgery?
Critical illness plans for CABG surgery keep you stress-free so that you can take care of your health and the plan will take care of the expenses. They provide you with an amount in a lump sum on diagnosis of the critical illness which you can use as the way you want.
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance News
Want to save taxes? Explore the best tax savings schemes oth...30 November 2023
Explore the world of Religare Health Insurance with our guid...23 November 2023
Health insurance premium is the amount you pay to get covera...22 November 2023
Health insurance plans, like other goods and services, incur...21 November 2023
Find out all about ICICI Lombard health plans and their bene...07 November 2023