What is Brain Surgery?
Brain surgery is a medical treatment given to someone whose brain needs repairing. It may be caused by a birth defect, injury, etc. and may be required by someone who is witnessing health conditions like blood clots, epilepsy, stroke, Parkinson's disease, skull fracture, fluid building in the brain, allergic reaction to anaesthesia, etc.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Brain surgery refers to a medical procedure in which some structural impairment in the brain is repaired. It can be done by opening a portion of the skull through a skull flap with an incision in the scalp, or it can be done non-invasively through catheters or other instruments.
Some different types of brain surgeries are as follows:
- Craniotomy: the incision is made near the site of the impairment. A piece of the skull is removed for the operation and then replaced afterward. It is used to treat conditions such as bleeds in the brain or pressure on the skull.
- Biopsy: A biopsy refers to a surgery done to remove some brain cells or tissue to be examined and studied by a pathologist. It would normally be performed after the detection of some abnormality.
- Deep brain stimulation: this type of brain surgery is also referred to as DBS. It is normally performed for conditions such as Parkinson’s disease. A medical device that is battery operated, called an implantable pulse generator, is implanted to deliver electrical stimulation to specific areas of the brain.
Who Needs Brain Surgery?
The purpose of brain surgery is the repair of physical abnormalities in the brain which may be caused by birth defect, injury, or other causes. The following are some conditions that may require brain surgery:
- nerve damage or nerve irritation
- Parkinson’s disease
- blood clots
- damage to the protective tissue called the “dura”
- fluid building up in the brain
- pressure after head injury
- skull fracture
- a stroke
- brain tumors
- abnormal blood vessels
- an aneurysm
- Bleeding in the brain
What Are The Risks Associated With Brain Surgery?
Brain surgery can often be a risky and even dangerous procedure. The following are some of the risks associated with it:
- allergic reaction to anesthesia
- bleeding in the brain
- memory problems
- brain swelling
- a blood clot
- impaired speech, vision, coordination, or balance
- infection in the brain or at the wound site
Health Insurance Plans for Brain Surgery
It can be seen that brain surgery occurs in very serious cases and is a dangerous and risky procedure. Therefore, even if you already have standard health insurance it is advisable to avail of a policy with critical illness insurance cover. This is due to the fact that a standard insurance policy would only cover costs up to the insured limit but a critical illness cover would provide the entire cost in a lump sum in a single transaction. There are many reliable health insurance plans in the market that cover expenses related to the illness. HDFC Ergo Health Optima Vital policy, Edelweiss Criticare+ plan, ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care plan, and Reliance Critical Illness policy are a few to name. The policies offer a lump sum amount to the insured on the diagnosis of the critical illness, which the insured can use as per his/her own choice. The money can be used to pay off debts, get treated on foreign land, or to make lifestyle changes required due to the illness.
Why Buy Critical Health Insurance Online for Brain Surgery at InsuranceDekho?
When it comes to buying health insurance policies that offer coverage for brain surgery, InsuranceDekho offers a smooth process for purchasing such policies online in a paperless and transparent process. The procedure for making the purchase would not take up much time and is extremely quick, making it a huge convenience for customers. The following benefits are available to you on purchasing a critical illness policy from InsuranceDekho:
- Multiple health insurance quotes from popular insurers for open heart replacement or repair of heart valves
- Quick policy issuance
- Post policy purchase assistance
- Help from experts at the time of purchasing a policy
- Flexible modes of payment offered
- Assistance during filing a claim settlement
- Online premium calculator available to get an estimate of health insurance premium even before buying a policy
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Health Insurance Companies
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- Magma HDI Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- New India Assurance Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA (now ICICI Lombard) Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Navi Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Zuno Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Acko Health Insurance
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Learn more about brain surgery Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance News
Explore the world of Religare Health Insurance with our guid...23 November 2023
Health insurance premium is the amount you pay to get covera...22 November 2023
Health insurance plans, like other goods and services, incur...21 November 2023
Find out all about ICICI Lombard health plans and their bene...07 November 2023
Find out all about the different ways in which you can retai...24 October 2023