Health Insurance For Self-Employed
Health insurance for self-employed help them get the required medical treatment and meet financial requirements when they require it the most. Available on individual or family floater basis, these plans cover the insured for several expenses such as daycare treatments, hospitalisation expenses, etc.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Benefits of Health Insurance For Self-Employed Individuals
As a self-employed individual, you can purchase an individual health insurance plan for yourself. Alternatively, you can buy a family floater health insurance and cover yourself as well as your family members for unforeseen medical expenditures.
For self-employed individuals, a day off from work due to ill health or a medical emergency can result in loss of business, thereby increasing chances of financial stress. For peace of mind and financial stability in such times, as a self-employed individual, you must have a health insurance plan. The health insurance policy will help you get the required medical treatment and meet financial requirements in times of need.
Major Benefits of Health Insurance Plan For Self-employed Individuals:
- Cover for in-patient hospitalization along with pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenditure
- Insurance cover for family members, if you opt for a family floater plan
- Peace of mind in turbulent times
- Timely and required medical treatment
- Financial stability in times of emergencies
- Tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
How Many Members Can Be Covered Under Health Insurance Plan For Self-Employed Individuals?
Self-employed individuals can buy a health insurance plan on an individual basis or a family floater basis. Under the individual health insurance plan, a self-employed individual will get insurance cover only for self, however, under a family floater plan, they can include their family members also insured under the same plan.
How To Buy The Best Health Insurance For Self-Employed Individuals?
There is a wide array of insurance companies offering health insurance for self-employed individuals. However, choosing the one plan which best suits your requirements is often a tedious task. Thus, we bring to you the following list of parameters which you must consider while buying a health insurance plan:
1. Type of Plan
Choose the type of policy, i.e. individual or family floater depending on the number of members you want to cover.
Do check the sum insured options available under the plan along with the type of coverages mentioned.
3. Renewal Requirement
Some insurance plans come with a restriction on the age of the policyholder at the time of policy renewal while others impose no such restrictions. Thus, checking for this is imperative.
4. Availability of Add-ons
You can add additional covers to your standard health insurance plans to extend the plan coverage. Thus, it is important to check which all health add-on covers are offered by the insurer with the plan.
5. Premium Amount
You can compare the premium of different health insurance plans at our website InsuranceDekho and choose the plan which best suits your requirements and budget.
6. Claim Settlement Ratio
Claim settlement ratio refers to the number of claims settled by an insurance company out of the total claims received by it during a financial year.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Choose Self Employed Health Insurance Plan With
- Niva Bupa Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- Magma HDI Health Insurance
- National Health Insurance
- United India Health Insurance
- New India Assurance Health Insurance
- Liberty Health Insurance
- Kotak Mahindra Health Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance
- Oriental Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- SBI Health Insurance
- Bharti AXA (now ICICI Lombard) Health Insurance
- Reliance Health Insurance
- Tata AIG Health Insurance
- Navi Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
- Zuno Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Acko Health Insurance
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Learn more about self employed Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
FAQ About Self-Employed Health Insurance
What is health insurance for self-employed and how does it work?
A health insurance policy for self-employed people safeguards their hard-earned savings by offering them cover for healthcare expenses at the time of medical emergencies. It reimburses the claim amount up to sum insured if the claim is as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
When should I buy a health insurance plan for the self-employed?
Due to changes in lifestyle, there are several illnesses that people are vulnerable to these days. So, self-employed people should buy health insurance plans as soon as possible to avoid spending from their own pockets in case of any medical emergency.
What is covered under health insurance for self-employed?
Self-employed people can be covered under an individual health insurance policy or a family floater health insurance policy as per their requirement and budget. These plans cover them against several healthcare expenses including road ambulance expenses, in-patient hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, daycare procedures, critical illnesses, etc.
What is the waiting period for health insurance for self-employed?
Generally, health insurance plans for self-employed people come with an initial waiting period of 30 days. But the general waiting period, along with waiting periods for pre-existing diseases and disease-specific waiting periods vary with different individual and family floater health insurance plans.
What are the eligibility criteria for health insurance for self-employed?
The minimum and maximum age criteria for self-employed people is 18 years and 65 years. The age criteria, however, varies with one health insurance plan to another.
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance News
Explore the world of Religare Health Insurance with our guid...23 November 2023
Health insurance premium is the amount you pay to get covera...22 November 2023
Health insurance plans, like other goods and services, incur...21 November 2023
Find out all about ICICI Lombard health plans and their bene...07 November 2023
Find out all about the different ways in which you can retai...24 October 2023