In today’s time, the number of individuals affected with cancer is only increasing. It is listed as one of the critical illnesses and thus buying a cancer insurance plan becomes very important. Cancer insurance is highly beneficial as it comes with a higher sum insured ranging from INR 10-50 lakhs that are sufficient to undertake the expensive treatments. Moreover, when you have a cancer insurance policy, you can easily focus on getting quality treatment rather than arranging money for the treatment.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Cancer refers to a group of diseases. These are defined by abnormal cell growth in a group of cells, which then spread uncontrollably and have the potential to invade or kill other parts of the body. The cells are also known as malignant tumors.
These cells would be in contrast with tumors that are benign and do not spread. It is of various different types. The most common forms of cancer are as follows:
- Breast Cancer: Cancer is formed in the breast tissue or cells of the breast.
- Prostate Cancer: Cancer is formed in the prostate, a gland that produces seminal fluid in men.
- Skin Cancer: Skin cancer can be of different types. Basal cell cancer, for example, is a kind of cancer that affects the basal cells. Melanoma is the name given to the most severe kind of skin cancer.
- Lung Cancer: This is a type of cancer that begins in the lungs. It most commonly occurs among smokers.
- Colon Cancer: This cancer occurs in the rectum or colon located in the lower end of the digestive system.
- Leukemia: Leukemia is a type of cancer that occurs in blood-forming tissues in the body. It hinders the body’s ability to fight infections.
- Lymphoma: Cancer in the lymphatic system is known as lymphoma.
Causes of Cancer
There are many factors that would increase the risk of cancer or lead to causing it. Some of the common ones are listed below:
- Biological factors such as age or gender
- Inherited genetic defects
- Asbestos fibers
- Tar and pitch
- Polynuclear hydrocarbons
- Some plastic chemicals like vinyl chloride
- Some metal compounds
- Certain bacteria and viruses
- Radiation, which includes ionised radiation (such as the sun’s UV radiation as well as non-ionising radiation such as X-rays)
- Certain antineoplastic agents
- Certain hormones
- Medication that causes deficiency in immunity
Signs and Symptoms of Cancer
Depending on the type and stage of cancer, the signs and symptoms associated with it would differ considerably. The symptoms included can be as follows:
- Chronically sore throat
- Change in bowel habits
- Unusual bleeding or discharges from orifices or from sores that will not heal
- Indigestion (usually chronic)
- Difficulty swallowing
- A lump or thickness developing
- Change in the size or thickness of a mole
- Chronic cough
- Hoarseness in the voice
- Unexplained weight loss
- Appetite loss
- Unexplained pain
- Persistent fatigue
- Infection that will not clear with usual treatment, and will recur
Treatment of Cancer
Treatment for cancer is determined largely by the type of cancer that has formed and the stage at which it has advanced. The following are some of the cancer treatment options:
In some patients, treatment occurs when a tumor is discovered surgically and then removed and tested. In this case, treatment and diagnosis are simultaneous.
Combination therapy which is a combination of chemotherapy and radiation therapy is usually recommended for those whose cancer cannot be surgically removed
Palliative care, which refers to care for those whose cancer cannot be cured, involves efforts to reduce symptoms such as pain
Health Insurance for Cancer
There are a variety of health insurance plans available in the country from a variety of insurance providers that cover cancer. These would be covered by various insurance companies' Critical Illness Cover plans. ICICI Lombard and its Cancer & Heart Insurance Policy, as well as Max Bupa and its CritiCare policy, which covers critical illnesses like cancer, are two popular insurance providers that offer cancer insurance. Both these policies and others offer care for illnesses that include cancer and would allow you to be at ease in purchasing them.
Why Choose InsuranceDekho for an Insurance Policy for Cancer?
InsuranceDekho offers a completely seamless process for the purchase of critical illness health insurance. The process is importantly paperless. Crucially, it is also very quick and thus ensures that the customer’s valuable time and efforts are saved. The benefits of purchasing a critical illness care policy for cancer coverage through InsuranceDekho are manifold:
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Health Insurance Companies
- Care Health Insurance
- Star Health Insurance
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- New India Assurance Health Insurance
- Future Generali Health Insurance
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance
Disclaimer: InsuranceDekho does not endorse, rate or recommend any particular insurance company or insurance plan.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Learn more about cancer Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
FAQ About Cancer Insurance
What is critical illness insurance cover for cancer?
Critical illness insurance for cancer is a benefit-based health insurance policy that covers you in case of risks associated with cancer.
How do critical illness plans for cancer work?
If you are covered under a critical illness plan for cancer and if, god forbid, are diagnosed with cancer, then the plan will provide you with a lump sum amount as per the sum insured chosen. You can use this amount to pay off debts if any, to compensate for the loss of income due to the illness, recuperation, etc.
How to buy critical illness cover for cancer?
You can buy critical illness cover for cancer by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit www.insurancedekho.com and click on Health.
- Select Gender and enter your Name and active Mobile Number. You will receive an OTP on your phone. Please enter that.
- Tell us when you wish to buy the policy. Click on ‘View Instant Quotes’. Add family members if you wish to cover them along yourself, select their age and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter your Email ID and City. Click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button. Choose the most suitable policy from the displayed quotes.
- Select the policy period. Then enter the required details. Pay health insurance premium online via secured payment gateway.
Why is a critical illness plan for cancer important?
Cancer is a life-threatening disease to which anyone can fall prey to. Also, its treatment cost is huge, which makes buying a critical illness insurance plan imperative.
Why should I buy a critical illness insurance plan for cancer?
Critical illness insurance plan for cancer covers you from not only cancer but other critical illnesses as well. These include stroke, coma, liver diseases, diabetes, etc. and unlike indemnity based health insurance plans, critical illness insurance plans provide you for more than just hospitalisation expenses. Therefore, it is recommended to timely buy one.
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance News
Explore the world of Religare Health Insurance with our guid...23 November 2023
Health insurance premium is the amount you pay to get covera...22 November 2023
Health insurance plans, like other goods and services, incur...21 November 2023
Find out all about ICICI Lombard health plans and their bene...07 November 2023
Find out all about the different ways in which you can retai...24 October 2023