Health Insurance for Diabetes
Many health insurance companies have launched insurance plans that offer coverage for diabetes. For example, the ICICI Lombard health insurance cover, as well as the critical illness health insurance cover from Max Bupa Insurance, are some popular health insurance plans which would offer coverage for diabetes.
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is the common name for the illness Diabetes mellitus. It is a metabolic disease, and it causes high blood sugar. In diabetes, the patient’s body cannot make enough insulin or is unable to effectively use the insulin that it does make. The purpose of insulin is to move sugar from the blood to the other cells of the body, either for storage or usage. The different types of diabetes are as follows:
- Type 1 Diabetes: This is an autoimmune disease which causes the immune system to attack the pancreas, where insulin is meant to be made. It is not always clear what the cause of this attack is. Approximately 10% of people who have diabetes have this type.
- Type 2 Diabetes: In this type, the body becomes resistant to insulin. Thus, when the body is unable to transfer sugar from the blood to other cells for usage or storage, sugar builds up in the blood.
- Gestational Diabetes: This occurs in pregnant women. It refers to heightened blood sugar during pregnancy. It is caused when the placenta produces hormones that block insulin.
- Prediabetes: This refers to a type of diabetes where the blood sugar is higher than normal. However, it is not high enough to warrant a diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes.
Causes of Diabetes
The causes of diabetes vary from all the different types and are not always clearly understood in the medical field. Some of the general causes of diabetes are as follows:
- Genes may play a role
- A virus can cause the immune system to attack the pancreas
- Lifestyle factors such as obesity
- Hormone changes during pregnancy
Symptoms of Diabetes
The symptoms also vary depending on the different types of diabetes. Some of the common symptoms are as follows:
- Frequent urination
- Blurry vision
- Yeast infections
- Dry and itchy skin
- Urinary tract infections
- Increased hunger
- Decreased sex drive
- Erectile dysfunction
- Reduced muscle strength
- Extreme fatigue
- Increased thirst
- Unintended weight loss
- Mood changes
Treatment of Diabetes
The treatment of Diabetes also depends on the various types of diabetes. Firstly, Type 1 Diabetes is usually treated by administering insulin. The purpose of this is to replace the hormone since the patient’s body is unable to produce it due to the immune system attacking the pancreas and compromising it. There are different types of insulin depending on how quickly they take effect and how prolonged the effect is. Firstly, rapid-acting insulin is effective in 15 minutes and is effective for 3-4 hours. Short-acting insulin is the one which starts to act within 30 minutes. Its effects last for 6-8 hours. The third is an intermediate-acting insulin. Its effects begin to take place within 1 to 2 hours and lasts for 12 to 18 hours. Finally, there is long-acting insulin, which starts to take effect in a few hours after the injection and its effects last for 24 hours or even longer.
Type 2 Diabetes would be treated with changes in diet and exercise. These lifestyle changes are usually sufficient for treatment. However, if they are not sufficient, then some drugs may be administered in order to lower blood sugar. In Gestational Diabetes, the blood sugar has to be monitored regularly, and similar to Type 2 Diabetes, lifestyle changes such as changes in diet and exercise are required to treat it.
Why Buy Health Insurance for Diabetes from InsuranceDekho?
InsuranceDekho offers a seamless and paperless process for purchasing critical illness health insurance. When it comes to insurance for a critical illness such as diabetes, InsuranceDekho is the way to go.
Here are some benefits of purchasing a policy through InsuranceDekho:
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Coverage Calculator
Who do you want to insured ?
Age of eldest insured member ?
Where do you live ?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Learn more about diabetes Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
FAQ About Health Insurance for Diabetes
What is critical illness insurance cover for diabetes?
Critical illness cover for diabetes is a benefit based plan that covers you in case, god forbid, you get diagnosed with diabetes.
How do critical illness plans for diabetes work?
If diagnosed with diabetes of a specific kind, as mentioned in your health insurance policy, you will be paid a lump sum amount as per the sum insured of your policy. You can use this to pay off debts, if any, for the treatment, or otherwise.
How to buy critical illness cover for diabetes?
You can buy critical illness insurance plan online at InsuranceDekho by following the simple steps given below:
- Visit www.insurancedekho.com and click on ‘Health’.
- Select Gender. Then enter your Name and an active Mobile Number. You will receive an OTP on the given number, kindly enter the OTP.
- Enter the time when you wish to buy the policy and then click on ‘View Instant Quotes’. If you wish to include family members along with yourself in your health insurance policy, then add them and select their age. Click ‘Continue’.
- Enter your Email ID and City and click on ‘Submit and View Quotes’. Choose the most suitable policy from several quotes on your screen.
- Select the policy period and enter the required details. Then pay the health insurance premium online via any of the flexible modes offered.
Why is the critical illness plan for diabetes important?
There are several conditions that diabetes results in. For instance, blindness, heart disease, kidney failure, etc, the treatment for all of which cost a lot. Therefore, it is imperative to timely buy a critical illness plan for diabetes.
Why should I buy a critical illness insurance plan for diabetes?
Critical illness plans for diabetes offer you many benefits. It not only covers you against diabetes but also against other critical illnesses such as coma, kidney failure, heart attack, cancer, etc. Also, the policy pays you in a lump sum which you can avail as per your own preference.
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Health Insurance News
Explore the world of Religare Health Insurance with our guid...23 November 2023
Health insurance premium is the amount you pay to get covera...22 November 2023
Health insurance plans, like other goods and services, incur...21 November 2023
Find out all about ICICI Lombard health plans and their bene...07 November 2023
Find out all about the different ways in which you can retai...24 October 2023