Term Life Insurance Premium Calculator
Date of Birth
Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Choose required coverage to secure your family’s future
Claim Settlement of LIC of India
Life Insurance Corporation is the oldest and one of the largest life insurance providers. Life Insurance Corporation featured a high claim settlement ratio of 98.62% in the FY 2020-21. Life Insurance Corporation of India provides a claim settlement process at their branch office only to ensure that no fraudulent claims are raised. Life Insurance Corporation follows a hassle-free yet strict claim settlement process.
How To Make Claim
Life Insurance Corporation Claim Settlement Process
At Life Insurance Corporation the policyholder needs to intimate claim at the branch office only. Life Insurance Corporation provides a claim settlement facility only at the branch office. The policyholder/nominee is required to submit the required documents at the branch office for claim assessment and decision. After the claim, assessment has been completed and the claim decision has been made, the policyholder/nominee can check the unpaid claim due amount on the Life Insurance Corporation website.
Documents Required for Life Insurance Corporation Death Claims
Following is the list of documents required for Life Insurance Corporation Death Claims:
- Original Policy Documents
- Claim Form A stating the claimant’s and policyholder’s details
- Death Certificate
- Age Proof (if in any case age is not admitted)
- Evidence of title of policyholder’s estate if nominee/assignee is not mentioned
- Claim Form B and B2 filled by medical attendants
- Claim Form B1 (if the policyholder was treated in hospital)
- Claim Form C (Certificate of Identity and Cremation)
- Claim Form E (Certificate by the employer if the policyholder was employed)
- Copy of FIR/Post-Mortem Report/Police Investigation Report (in case of Unnatural/Accidental Death).
Latest News on LIC Life Insurance
- Find out how to pay for LIC life insurance premiums in the section below. Read on to learn more.
- LIC Policy Tracker: Know the status of your LIC policy online in a few easy steps. Here’s a step-by-step guide for both new and registered users on how to track LIC policy status online. Read on to find out!
- The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) offers a variety of revival schemes to help people renew their life insurance policies. Check out the process to renew a lapsed LIC policy in detail.
- A single insurance endowment plan is a one-time payment insurance policy that has been created for customers who do not want to endure the hassle of keeping a tab on the plan and making regular periodic payments. Here, you make one large payment, become t
- The Life Corporation of India (LIC) has devised a strategy for children's savings. The LIC Kid plan is a participation plan that offers guaranteed payouts known as survival benefits over the life of the policy to help a growing kid fulfill scholastic, mar
Why to Buy Life Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 1,50,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Life Insurance News
Find out how to pay for LIC life insurance premiums in the s...26 April 2023
LIC Policy Tracker: Know the status of your LIC policy onlin...25 January 2023
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) offers a varie...10 January 2023
A single insurance endowment plan is a one-time payment insu...04 April 2022
The Life Corporation of India (LIC) has devised a strategy f...26 March 2022
LIC Life Insurance User Reviews
Claim Process at LIC of India
Claim IntimationIn the event of the death of the life assured, the insurance company should be intimated as early as possible.
Submission of DocumentsFor easy claim settlement, claim form, original policy document, death certificate and others documents should be submitted on time.
Claim EvaluationAfter successful submission of documents, the insurance company will thoroughly evaluate the claim filed.
Claim SettlementIf claim request is approved, claim is settled within 30 days. In case of additional investigation, claim process may take 120 days.
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
LIC of India Claim Settlement FAQs
What is the claim settlement ratio of Life Insurance Corporation?
Life Insurance Corporation featured a high claim settlement ratio of 97.79% in the FY 2019-20.
Where can I download the claim forms from?
You can download the claims forms from Life Insurance Corporation official website by following simple steps:
Step 1: Visit the Life Insurance Corporation website and click on ‘LIC Online Service Portal’
Step 2: Click on ‘Claim forms’ on the right menu under ‘LIC Online Service Portal’
Step 3: Choose the claim form as required according to your claim and download the form.
What is the toll-free helpline number of Life Insurance Corporation?
Toll-free helpline number of Life Insurance Corporation is 022 68276827.
What documents ID Proof and address proof required while applying for an insurance policy?
The following documents can be considered for ID and Address Proof while applying for an insurance policy:
- PAN Card Passport
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Bank Account Statement
- Voter Identity Card.
How to apply for a LIC life insurance policy claim?
One needs to inform the insurance provider regarding a claim at the branch office. The claims are handled at the LIC branch office only.