Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
DHFL Zero Depreciation Add-On
The value of cars depreciate with time. This impacts the premium cost and claim amount of their insurance. With default depreciation, a car's insurance premium becomes higher and claim amount becomes lesser as both are computed basis the value of the car. Therefore, it is imperative to opt for an add-on cover like Zero Depreciation by DHFL General Insurance Company.
The Zero Depreciation add-on coverage is applied on the Comprehensive/Standalone Own Damage car insurance policy. It ensures that policy claims are calculated without deducting the depreciation on your car and its parts. Otherwise, a standard comprehensive/Standalone Own Damage car insurance policy without this add-on cover provides the claim amount based on the present value of the car computed after depreciation, which is lower due to depreciation. The coverage is available on paying an additional premium.
Benefits of DHFL Zero Depreciation Cover
Customers who pay for this add-on coverage are eligible to get the following benefits:
- Claims for replacement or repair of the car’s depreciated parts
- No depreciation will be applicable except tyres, tubes and batteries.
Zero Depreciation Insurance v/s Normal Insurance
Age of car
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of car
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts, tires and tubes, batteries, paint work and airbags
Fibre glass parts
Must Read Articles before buying Dhfl Car Insurance
- Car insurance add-ons are additional coverages which help extend the coverage offered by a standard car insurance policy. Know benefits.
- Do I need insurance for a stored car? Let’s read about some reasons why it is advisable to have your car insured even when it is in storage.
- Want to know useful of car Insurance Add-ons? Key add-on cover in car insurance allows the customer to tailor their insurance plan.
- Have tinted glass? Pay fine to RTO traffic police. You should know RTO traffic police fines & penalties for using tinted glass in the car.
DHFL Car Insurance User Reviews
- Zero Depreciation
- Most Helpful
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
434 Dhfl Cashless Garages in India
Insurance Products by Dhfl General Insurance
DHFL Zero Depreciation Cover FAQs
What factors affect the premium of zero depreciation cover?
Here are the factors that can affect the premium of zero depreciation cover:
- The age of the car
- The model of the car
- Registered location of the car, etc.
Can I buy any other add-on cover with zero depreciation add-on cover?
Yes, you can buy as many add-on covers as you want to with zero depreciation add-on cover.
What parts of my car are not included under the DHFL zero depreciation cover?
This add-on coverage compensates the depreciation of every part of the car, except tyres, tubes and batteries.
Do I need to pay for any additional premium to get zero depreciation cover?
You will have to pay for a bit extra premium in addition to the basic premium amount to get this zero depreciation add-on cover.
When can I get this add-on added in my comprehensive car insurance policy?
You can add this zero depreciation add-on cover to your comprehensive/standalone owner at the time of purchase and renewal of your policy.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023