Tata AIG Zero Depreciation Car Insurance Policy
- CASHLESS GARAGES 7,500
- CLAIMS SETTLED 91.80%
- Covers Third Party Person
- Covers Third Party Property
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
TATA AIG Zero Depreciation Cover
Every auto insurance policy comes with add-on covers. The most popular one among them is the zero depreciation add-on. The zero depreciation add-on, also known as bumper to bumper add-on and nil depreciation add-on, provides coverage against the depreciation applicable on your car and its parts. In case of no zero depreciation, like all other insurer TATA AIG also deducts the depreciation amount on your car and its parts before acknowledging a claim and thus the cost of depreciation is borne by the policyholder.
Benefits of Tata AIG Zero Depreciation Add-On Cover
The Tata AIG Zero Depreciation add-on provides you with the following benefits:
- Higher Claim Amount: The zero depreciation cover helps you get a higher claim amount as it gives coverage for depreciation on rubber, fibre, plastic and nylon parts of your car. However, the depreciation value for tyres, tubes and batteries is covered 50% by the insurer.
- Saves The Money: The Tata AIG zero depreciation add-on cover helps policyholders to save money. It becomes possible since the premium amount charged for this add-on cover is any day lesser than the amount of depreciation incurred on a car and its parts.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Car With And Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
Age of Car
Rate of Depreciation
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Rubber / nylon / plastic parts, tires and tubes, batteries, paint work and airbags
Fibre glass parts
Factors Affecting Tata AIG Zero Depreciation Cover
Apart from several benefits, the Tata AIG zero depreciation car insurance cover comes with some limitations and conditions as well. Some of which are as follow:
- This add-on cover is applicable to selected car makes and models
- Zero depreciation claim can be availed of only twice during the policy tenure
- Only cars of a maximum of 2 years of age can avail of this zero depreciation add-on cover
- Normal wear and tear, damage due to uninsured danger and mechanical breakdowns are not covered under this add-on cover.
Explore Tata Aig Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Tata Aig Car Insurance
- Read on to learn about key considerations to make when purchasing Tata AIG auto insurance.
- Read this post to learn about some things to think about before buying a Tata AIG vehicle insurance coverage.
- To ease seamless vehicle transfers, the Transport Ministry has developed a new Number Series known as the Bharat Series.
- Read this article to know about the important features and benefits of purchasing car insurance with TATA AIG General Insurance.
- Read this article to know some points that you should consider before purchasing a Tata AIG car insurance policy.
TATA AIG Car Insurance User Reviews
- Zero Depreciation
- Most Helpful
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
191 Tata Aig Cashless Garages in India
TATA AIG Zero Depreciation Cover FAQs
How to know if I should opt for a zero depreciation add-on?
The zero depreciation add-on is an apt option in the following cases:
- Inexperienced/new drivers
- luxurious cars
- New cars
Is Zero Depreciation add-on same as Nil Depreciation add-on?
Yes, the zero depreciation is also known as nil depreciation.
Does a comprehensive auto insurance policy comes with the zero depreciation add-on?
No, the zero depreciation add-on is not a part of the comprehensive auto insurance policy. You need to opt for it separately.
Can I opt for zero depreciation cover with a third party insurance policy?
No. Insurers do not provide any add-on with third party auto insurance policy. If you wish to opt for zero depreciation or any other add-on, you need to purchase a comprehensive auto insurance policy.
Can I add the Zero Depreciation cover to my policy online?
Yes, you can add the Zero Depreciation add-on cover to your policy online at the official website of Tata AIG car insurance. You can add this cover to a new policy or to an existing car insurance policy.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023