Awaz Health Insurance Scheme by Kerala Government
Awaz health insurance scheme gives coverage to migrant workers for medical treatment for illness or injury up to Rs. 15,000. Also, it provides accidental death coverage limited to Rs. 2 lakh.
- Tax BenefitUp to 1,50,000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Awaz Health Insurance Scheme by Kerala Government
Awaz Health Insurance is a healthcare scheme introduced by the state government of Kerala for migrant workers. This initiative is the first of its kind that is intended for migrant labours. This scheme provides health insurance cover and accidental death coverage specifically for migrant workers working in the state. In November 2017, this health insurance scheme was introduced by the Kerala government. However, the registration process for this scheme began in December 2017.
Awaz Health Insurance Scheme in Kerala: Coverage, Eligibility and Features
The Kerala government at present aims to discover and provide health insurance policy coverage under this scheme to almost 5 lakh inter-state labourers who are working in Kerala by the year-end. Any migrant worker in Kerala can buy this scheme who requires financial security against health risks. This scheme makes the insured workers entitled to get free medical treatment at all government hospitals across the state and some empanelled private hospitals.
Coverage of Awaz Health Insurance Scheme
Under the Awaz health insurance scheme, you can get the following coverage:
1. Medical treatment for any type of illness or injury up to Rs. 15,000
2. Accidental death coverage is limited to Rs. 2 lakh. In case of the death of any insured migrant worker, his or her beneficiary can raise a claim for insurance amount by submitting valid death proof.
How to Avail Awaz Health Insurance Scheme Benefits?
To avail of the benefits of the Awaz Health Insurance Scheme, you will have to make a visit to any state government hospital or network private hospitals for medical treatment. You will have to show your Biometric Health Card to the hospital authorities in order to get cashless treatment.
Eligibility for Awaz Health Insurance Scheme
The eligibility criteria for Awaz Health Insurance Scheme are as follow:
1. The age of migrant workers should be between 18 years and 60 years.
2. At the time of enrollment, workers will have to give their fingerprint, iris, and work-related proof. After submitting all these, the insurance card will be issued. Also, Identification Card recognized either by the Central government or Kerala government like Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving Licence, and so on. These ID proofs should be presented during your enrollment in the scheme.
Features of Awaz Health Insurance Scheme
Here are a few salient features of the Awaz Health Insurance Scheme that are listed below:
- The primary phase of data collection for this health insurance scheme was complete in December 2017 while the enrolment program’s trial run began on June 1, 2018.
- The official data collected in the year 2013 indicated that approximately 25 lakh migrant workers are currently working in Kerala with around 2.35 lakh more increasing every year.
- The enrollment process of this health insurance scheme was entirely monitored by the labour officers of the district.
- The health insurance scheme is advertised across the state in several languages such as Hindi, Bengali and Oriya.
- The registration camps are available in more than 200 locations across Kerala to recognise migrant workers and provide them with coverage.
- The government-issued smart card holds the name, photo, and local address of the nominee of the insured worker.
- As per the government, the existing health condition of migrant workers holds a major reason of concern. Specific ailments such as malaria are expected to have returned to the state due to migrant workers.
- To ensure a simple and smooth process of this health insurance scheme, several complaint redressal cells are established in diverse locations across the state.
The Kerala government has concerns pertaining to the health condition of a large number of migrant workers working in the state. With the betterment of the health condition of migrant workers, the health of local residents also gets affected, hence, this scheme will help in improving that too. The government of Kerala has so far allocated more than Rs.10 crore to introduce this scheme successfully and to get more insurance companies on board to offer this service.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 75,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Learn more about awaz Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Latest Health Insurance Articles
Find out the differences between Care and Star health insura...17 October 2023
Know all details related to World Thyroid Day 202319 May 2023
With COVID-19 pandemic spread far and wide, and the scenario...02 January 2022
Omicron is delivering a loud and obvious message that this...01 January 2022
A health insurance policy is a must for all senior citizens ...04 December 2021
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
FAQ About Awaz Health Insurance Scheme by Kerala Government
How can an insured worker avail benefits of this scheme?
The insured person will have to visit a government or network private hospital for medical treatment. There one will have to present a health card to the hospital authorities to get cashless treatment.
From where a worker can get a smart card?
The labour department distributes the smart cards at regular intervals. If any type of discrepancy occurs, then the labourer can get in touch with the district labour officer.
Can family members of insured migrant workers avail benefits?
No, the Kerala government had framed this health insurance scheme to specifically provide healthcare assistance to migrant labourers only. Hence, the family members of workers are not allowed to be covered under this insurance scheme.
Is it possible to transfer the benefits of this health insurance scheme?
The benefits of this health insurance scheme are not transferable. Only the insured worker or labourer who holds the smart card can get benefited under this scheme.
Where can complaints be registered under the scheme?
If an insured migrant worker has any sort of complaint, he or she can reach the district labour officer. If he or she has to make an appeal, then one can contact the labour commissioner.