Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme
Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme offers health insurance coverage to employees, pensioners, journalists, and their dependent families. The scheme is run by Arogyasri Health Care Trust under the supervision of the state government. The scheme is provided by the government of Telangana and requires no contribution to be made from employees or pensioners. It offers cover for outpatient treatment for chronic diseases, in-patient treatment, follow-up services, etc.
- Tax BenefitUp to 1,50,000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme
Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme is a new health insurance scheme formulated by the Telangana government for its employees, pensioners, journalists, and their dependent family members. The beneficiaries can avail of cashless hospitalisation at the network hospitals under this scheme. The scheme replaces the medical reimbursement facility and comes with additional benefits such as post-hospitalisation expenses, chronic diseases, etc.
Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme is as follows:
1. Current Serving Employees
- All regular state government employees as defined by the fundamental rules
- Provisionalised employees of local bodies
2. Retired State Government Employees or Journalists
- Service pensioners
- Re-employed service pensioners
- Family pensioners without any dependents
3. Dependent Family Members
- Dependent parents (either adopted or biological)
- Legally wedded spouse
- Dependent legitimate children (adopted or stepchildren)
- Family members of service pensioners
Kindly note that ‘family’ here means the following:
- Dependent parents (whether adoptive or biological), not both
- One legally wedded spouse in case of employees or service pensioners
- Biological, wholly dependent step and adopted children
- Wholly dependent biological or step adoptive children
- Dependent of family pensioners
‘Dependents’ here means the following:
- Parents who depend on the livelihood of the employee
- Unemployed sons aged below 25 years
- Disabled offspring who may not be able to work due to the disability
Kindly note that the scheme offers benefits only to government employees, spouses, pensioners, dependents, and some immediate family members.
Features of Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme
Some features of the Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme include the following:
- Complete financial coverage for some specific therapies
- Employees or pensioners are not required to bear any cost
- There is no upper limit to make a claim under this scheme
- Some family members and dependents can also seek cover under this scheme
- Cashless services for up to 10 days post-discharge medicines
Exclusions Under Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme
Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme allows all serving, retired employees and journalists as well as their family members to avail themselves cashless treatment. The beneficiaries can avail of cashless hospitalisation for some specific therapies or listed diseases. However, the scheme will not cover certain beneficiaries. Some exclusions under the policy are mentioned below:
- People who are covered under any central Government Health Schemes (CGHS) are excluded from policy benefits
- Employees working in railways, Aarogya Sahayatha of Prohibition and Excise Department, ESIS, Aarogya Bhadratha of Police Department, RTC.
- Casual and daily wage workers are not covered
- Independent children are not covered
- Law officers including public prosecutors, advocate general, state prosecutors, state counsels, as well as government leaders.
- Biological parents in case adopted parents are there or vice versa
- AIS pensioners as well as officers.
Benefits of Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme
Following are the coverage benefits offered under Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme:
1. In-patient Treatment: The beneficiaries can avail of the following in case of in-patient hospitalisation:
- Free in-patient treatment expenses for some specific therapies
- Outpatient treatment for an identical list of some specific therapies
- Cashless service for up to 10 days for medicines required after discharge
- Cover for up to 30 days after discharge for people undergoing any listed illness.
2. Follow-up Services: The scheme provides follow-up services in the form of drugs, investigation for a complete curative experience, consultation, for up to 1 year. The beneficiaries can avail of fixed packages for the same.
3. Outpatient Treatment for Chronic Diseases: Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Health Scheme provides cover for chronic long-term diseases in some listed hospitals.
4. Stay at Hospital (ward): The scheme covers employees for different types of wards that are allowed for employees in different pay scales, as given below:
- Slab A: This is for employees with pay grades from I to IV and is applicable for semi-private wards
- Slab B: This is for employees with pay grades from V to XVII and is applicable for semi-private wards
- Slab C: This is for employees with pay grades from XVIII to XXXII
5. Financial Coverage: There is no upper limit of the sum insured. There is no contribution to be made by an employee or pensioner.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 75,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Learn more about telangana state-government-employees-and-journalists Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Latest Health Insurance Articles
Find out the differences between Care and Star health insura...17 October 2023
Know all details related to World Thyroid Day 202319 May 2023
With COVID-19 pandemic spread far and wide, and the scenario...02 January 2022
Omicron is delivering a loud and obvious message that this...01 January 2022
A health insurance policy is a must for all senior citizens ...04 December 2021
Best Insurance Advisors in Your City.
FAQ About Telangana State Government – Employees and Journalists Healt
Can stepchildren avail themselves of benefits under this scheme?
Yes. Step-children can avail benefits under this scheme.
Are in-laws of employees or pensioners eligible to avail of the benefits of this scheme?
No. In-laws of employees or pensioners are not eligible to avail of the benefits of this scheme.
Can my son avail of benefits under this scheme if he is aged more than 25 years and is unemployed?
No. Your son cannot avail of benefits under this scheme if he is aged more than 25 years and is unemployed. However, if he is disabled and unable to work for his livelihood, then he can avail of policy benefits by providing a disability certificate.
Can adopted children or parents also avail benefits under this scheme?
Yes. Either biological or adopted parents or children can avail benefits under this scheme but not both.
Who are the eligible beneficiaries under this scheme?
Following are the eligible beneficiaries under this scheme:
- Serving employees or journalists
- Retired state government employees or journalists
- Dependent family members