Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme provides affordable medical facilities to informal workers in the lower-middle-class income and middle-income groups, including the farmers in Karnataka. It offers them wide coverage for more than 800 procedures. To be able to avail of coverage benefits under the scheme, one must be aged less than 75 years.
- Tax BenefitUp to 1,50,000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme or Yeshasvini Co-operative Farmers Health Care Scheme was launched by the Karnataka State Government on 14 November 2002 by S.M. Krishna, the former Chief Minister of Karnataka. The main aim of the scheme is to offer health insurance coverage to ryots (tenant farmers or peasants), who are members of co-operative societies in Karnataka.
What is the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme?
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme provides cost-effective medical facilities to the farmers in Karnataka, who are members of co-operative societies registered with the Department of Co-operatives. The health insurance scheme is designed to offer coverage to informal workers in the lower-middle-class income and middle-income groups. It offers wide coverage for more than 800 procedures (Orthopaedic, Angioplasty, Neurology, etc) to the insured.
The cooperative societies help the farmers and peasants to get enrolled under this scheme wherein the beneficiaries can avail of health insurance coverage by availing treatment at the listed network hospitals. Under the plan, not only the primary beneficiary but his/her family members can also be included.
Listed below are some features and benefits of the Yeshasvini Health Insurance scheme:
- The family of the main member of the rural cooperative society can avail of the policy benefits
- The beneficiaries are required to contribute a fixed amount every year.
- The scheme covers 803 surgical procedures at pre-negotiated rates at the network hospitals, wherein the beneficiaries can avail of cashless treatment using the Yeshasvini Card.
Eligibility Criteria for Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Given below are the eligibility criteria for the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme:
- One must be aged less than 75 years
- One can become a member of the co-operative society six months prior to the commencement of the scheme. These include self-help groups associated with cooperative societies, members of the rural co-operative society, weavers cooperative societies, beedi workers, and fishermen cooperative societies.
- Those who do not belong to rural areas of cities and corporations in the state are eligible for the policy
Note that the scheme period is only from August 1st to July 31st of the following year. Also, the family members can avail benefits of the Yeshasvini card, no matter if they are members of a rural cooperative society or not. The guidelines to enroll and renew the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Policy are issued by the Department of Cooperation, Government of Karnataka.
Inclusions Under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme covers you for 803 surgical procedures. Some of them are listed below:
- Surgical oncology, vascular surgery, and gastroenterology
- Cardiac, orthopedic, general, and pediatric surgery
- Drowning, dog bite, snake bite, etc.
- Ophthalmology, neurological surgery, and genito-urinary
- Obstetrics, gynecology, and neonatal intensive care
- Accidents when operating agricultural implements like electrical shocks
Exclusions Under the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme does not cover you for the expenses incurred on the following:
- Follow-up treatments, diagnostic investigations, and medico-legal cases
- Dental surgery and deviated nasal septum
- Implants, burns, skin grafting, prosthesis, and cosmetic surgery
- Road traffic accidents
- Kidney and heart transplant, joint replacement surgery
Networks Hospitals Under Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
A network hospital is a hospital that has a tie-up with the health insurance company and offers cashless treatment to the insured. Under the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme, there are 572 network hospitals across various districts of Karnataka. Bangalore has the highest number of hospitals i.e. 61, followed by Belgaum at 49, Bagalkot at 44, Tumkur at 27, Dakshina Kannada at 26, and Mandya at 25.
Yeshasvini Card Facility
Nearly 30 lakh beneficiaries in Karnataka enjoy the benefits under the Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme using the Yeshasvini card facility. Those who are members of a cooperative society for at least 3 months can enroll in the scheme. The registration of new members or renewal of existing policies will be done at all co-operative societies from May to June. People can enroll themselves and apply for a Yeshasvini card online.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
Why to Buy Health Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho
- Tax benefit upto 75,000*
- Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
- 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Learn more about yeshasvini health-insurance-scheme Health Insurance
- Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
- Want to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
- Understand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
- Looking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
- Purchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
- Buying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
- Want to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
- OPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
- Health insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Latest Health Insurance Articles
Find out the differences between Care and Star health insura...17 October 2023
Know all details related to World Thyroid Day 202319 May 2023
With COVID-19 pandemic spread far and wide, and the scenario...02 January 2022
Omicron is delivering a loud and obvious message that this...01 January 2022
A health insurance policy is a must for all senior citizens ...04 December 2021