HDFC ERGO Zero Depreciation Add-on
- No Inspection Needed
- Immediate Policy Issurance
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
HDFC ERGO Zero Depreciation Cover
Over time, the value of an asset reduces. The decrease in the monetary value of an asset over time is known as depreciation. The process of losing the monetary value of the two-wheeler over a period of time because of factors such as age, wear and tear etc. is known as depreciation. At the time of filing a claim for two-wheeler, people often end up paying a large amount due to depreciation deduction. A zero depreciation cover comes in handy under such a situation. Zero depreciation cover offers comprehensive coverage considering depreciation.
The HDFC ERGO Zero Depreciation can be availed with the HDFC Comprehensive bike insurance policy as well as with the HDFC Standalone Own-damage cover for bikes.
Benefits of HDFC ERGO Zero Depreciation Add-On Cover
You can enjoy the following benefits with zero depreciation cover offered by HDFC ERGO General Insurance.
- Helps You Get Full Claim Amount - If you opt for this add-on cover, no depreciation expense will be deducted by the insurer at the time of claim settlement and you get full claim amount.
- Unlimited Number of Zero Depreciation Claims Allowed - Most insurance companies allow 2 claims under the zero depreciation add-on, however, HDFC ERGO General Insurance allows its policyholders to make unlimited number of claims under the zero depreciation add-on cover.
- Saves Money- When you purchase zero depreciation add-on cover, the premium of the policy becomes a little higher but in case an unforeseen event takes place, no depreciation shall be imposed on the two-wheeler and the claim amount shall be calculated without considering the depreciation, which helps the policyholder get a higher compensation.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Bike With And Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
Age of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts
Fibre glass parts
What is Included under an HDFC ERGO Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Below mentioned aspects shall be covered under a HDFC ERGO Two-Wheeler Insurance policy with Zero Depreciation Cover:
- Compensation for depreciable parts is provided to the policyholder such as nylon, rubber, fiberglass and plastic parts.
- Cost of replacement and repair at time of claim settlement shall be compensated to the policyholder.
- Some policies with zero depreciation cover cover partial damages to the battery and tyres without calculating the depreciation.
- One can avail zero depreciation cover at the time of purchasing and renewing the policy.
What is not Included under a HDFC ERGO Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Below mentioned are the aspects which shall not be covered under a HDFC ERGO Two-Wheeler Insurance policy with Zero Depreciation Cover:
- Damage to the two-wheeler caused due to mechanical faults
- Wear and tear or routine ageing shall not be covered under a two-wheeler insurance policy with zero depreciation cover
- Loss of the vehicle or total damage of the two-wheeler
- Damage caused to the uninsured items of the two-wheeler such as tires, gas kits and bi-fuel kit.
Factors Affecting HDFC ERGO Zero Depreciation Cover
There are certain conditions set by the insurer to avail the zero depreciation cover.
- You cannot avail zero depreciation cover if the bike is completely damaged or stolen
- You can opt for the zero depreciation add-on only if the bike you are insuring is not more than 5 years old.
- You can only avail zero depreciation add-on cover 2 times during the entire policy tenure.
Explore Hdfc Ergo Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Hdfc Ergo Bike Insurance
- While just following your needs will assist you in determining which strategy to pursue
- It might be tough to remember to renew a long-term two-wheeler auto insurance coverage year after year.
- every two-wheeler vehicle owner must have third-party bike insurance coverage when operating a bike or scooter in India
- The purchase of bike insurance is the responsibility of all bike owners.
- It is vital to bring a few items for individuals who vroom a lot on their bikes in order to enjoy a safe and hassle-free journey.
Hdfc Ergo Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Zero Depreciation
- Most Helpful
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
HDFC ERGO Zero Depreciation Add-On Cover FAQs
How many times can I claim under the zero depreciation cover of HDFC ERGO comprehensive policy?
HDFC ERGO General Insurance allows its customers to make unlimited claims against a zero depreciation cover.
Is it wise to take a zero depreciation cover?
A zero depreciation cover helps you to save a lot of money that you have to bear for the normal wear and tear of the bike. Moreover, when you make a claim, the insurance company will reimburse the claim amount without any deduction for depreciation. The insurer compensates for repair or replacement of bike parts made of plastic, rubber, fibreglass and nylon without any depreciation charge. Hence, the purchase of a zero depreciation cover is definitely a wise decision.
When can I buy zero depreciation add on?
You can buy the HDFC zero depreciation cover at the time of buying/renewing an HDFC Comprehensive bike insurance policy and HDFC Standalone Own-damage cover for bikes.
Does the HDFC ERGO Zero Depreciation cover total loss?
No, the HDFC ERGO Zero Depreciation does not provide coverage for total loss of the bikes. This policy does not include the case of total damage as well.
Can I avail Zero Depreciation coverage for rubber and plastic parts?
Yes, you can avail Zero Depreciation cover for the rubber and plastic parts of your bike. The insurer will bear the expense of repairing and replacing the parts made of rubber and plastics. Without the Zero Depreciation added to your policy, you will have to pay 50% as depreciation charge for rubber and plastic parts.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 50 lakhs happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
Check out our list of top models, including prices, features...27 October 2023
Know the key differences between spoke wheels and alloy whee...27 October 2023
Know the RTO rules, guidelines, benefits and highlights for ...27 October 2023
Explore the cheapest and most affordable third-party two-whe...25 October 2023
Looking for the best low maintenance bikes in India in 2023?...25 October 2023