Kotak Zero Depreciation Add-on
- No Inspection Needed
- Immediate Policy Issurance
Calculate Your Bike Insurance Premium Online
Select your Two wheeler brand
Which city is your Two wheeler registered in?
When did you buy your Two wheeler?
Kotak Zero Depreciation Cover
The procedure of reduction of the monetary value of the two-wheeler considering some factors such as the age of the vehicle, regular wear and tear of the vehicle etc is known as depreciation. The policyholder may have to pay a large sum from his/her own pocket at the time of filing a claim for their two-wheeler insurance policy. Due to depreciation deduction, the policyholder may not be able to avail of the full claim amount. A zero depreciation add-on cover can help the policyholder avail the full claim amount in the time of crisis.
The reduction in the value of a bike with time is taken into account by the insurance company at the time of claim settlement. The claim amount is calculated by factoring in the depreciation of the insured’s bike. To avoid this depreciation charge, the policyholders can opt for the Zero Depreciation cover along with the comprehensive policy or the standalone own damage policy. Kotak Zero Depreciation cover helps to prevent the deduction of depreciation charge from the claim amount.
Kotak General Insurance offers Zero Depreciation Cover which can be opted with the comprehensive or standalone own-damage two-wheeler insurance policies. This add-on cover enables the policyholder to receive the full claim amount as no depreciation deductions shall be charged once this add-on cover opts. It even provides repair and replacement of the depreciated parts of the insured’s bike.
Benefits of Kotak Zero Depreciation Add-On Cover
Below mentioned are some benefits of purchasing a Zero Depreciation add-on cover with your two-wheeler comprehensive or standalone own-damage insurance policy:
- Saves Money: Zero depreciation add-on cover may increase the premium of your two-wheeler insurance policy slightly but it does provide added protection. This add-on cover can help the policyholder to save money as this add-on enables the policyholder to receive the maximum claim amount without depreciation deductions.
- Added Protection: The zero depreciation cover adds more protection to the existing two-wheeler insurance policy. This add-on cover ensures that the claim amount is calculated without the depreciation deductions being charged.
- Maximum Claim Amount: The primary objective of purchasing a Zero Depreciation add-on cover with your two-wheeler insurance policy to avail maximum claim amount as with the help of this rider the claim amount shall be calculated without depreciation deduction being charged. This way the policyholder is able to avail a maximum claim amount.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Bike With And Without Zero Depreciation Add-on
Age of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation Cover
Under 6 months
6 months to 1 year
Above 10 years
Part of bike
Rate of Depreciation Without Zero Depreciation
Rate of Depreciation With Zero Depreciation
Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts
Fibre glass parts
What is Included under a Kotak Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Below mentioned aspects shall be covered under a Kotal Two-Wheeler Insurance policy with Zero Depreciation Cover:
- Compensation for depreciable parts such as nylon, rubber, fibreglass and plastic parts of the two-wheeler is provided to the policyholder.
- Under some circumstances, a zero-depreciation cover also provides coverage for partial damages to battery and tyres.
- Cost of repairs or replacement born by the policyholder at the time of claim settlement shall be provided to the policyholder.
What is not Included under a Kotak Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy with Zero Depreciation Cover?
Below mentioned are some things that shall not be covered under a Kotak Two-Wheeler Insurance policy with Zero Depreciation Cover:
- Own-damages to the insured two-wheeler due to mechanical fault or failure.
- Total damage/loss to the two-wheeler is not covered under a zero depreciation add-on cover
- Damage/loss of the uninsured items such as gas kits, tires or bi-fuel kit is covered under a zero depreciation cover
- Routine ageing/wear and tear shall be not covered under a two-wheeler insurance policy along with zero depreciation add-on cover.
Factors Affecting Kotak Zero Depreciation Cover
Policyholders enjoy multiple benefits with the Kotak zero depreciation cover; however, the following conditions should be kept in mind:
- It is available for bikes with a maximum age of 2 years
- Policyholders can make only two claims in the entire policy tenure
- Repair and replacement due to common wear and tear are exclusion
- In cases of complete damage, mechanical and electrical breakdown the insurer does not provide coverage.
Explore Kotak Bike Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Kotak Bike Insurance
- Read this article to know about several advantages of applying for bike insurance with Kotak General Insurance.
- Read this article to know how to make a two-wheeler insurance claim at Kotak General Insurance.
- Read this article to know about Kotak’s third-party bike insurance policy in detail.
- Read this article to take note of the benefits of purchasing a long-term bike insurance from Kotak Mahindra General Insurance.
- Read this article to understand how you can renew your bike insurance policy online with Kotak Mahindra General Insurance.
Kotak Bike Insurance User Reviews
- Zero Depreciation
- Most Helpful
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
Kotak Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover FAQs
Who are best suitable for the Zero Depreciation cover?
The Zero Depreciation cover is recommended for anyone who wants to avoid the depreciation charge as well as the repair and replacement cost. However, it is best suited for the following people:
- New bike owners
- New or inexperienced drivers
- Luxury bike owners
- Owners/drivers living in the accident-prone zone.
What are the advantages of Kotak Zero Depreciation cover?
The Kotak Zero Depreciation cover provides the following advantages to its policyholders:
- Save significant cost on the repairs and maintenance of the depreciated parts of the insured’s bike.
- Ensures full IDV amount as the claim amount.
- Provides free of cost replacement of depreciated bike parts.
Do I have to pay extra for adding the Zero Depreciation to my policy?
Yes, opting for Zero Depreciation cover leads to a slight increase in the premium amount. The rate of increase in premium is based on the model and condition of the bike.
How can I add the Zero Depreciation cover to my insurance policy?
You can add the Zero Depreciation cover to your policy by visiting the official website of Kotak bike insurance or you can dial their toll-free number 1800 266 4545. You can add the Zero Depreciation cover to your comprehensive bike insurance policy at the time of purchase, at the time of the renewal or in the middle of the tenure.
Do I need to renew the Zero Depreciation cover every time I renew my Kotak comprehensive bike insurance policy?
Yes, you need to renew the Zero Depreciation cover every time you renew your Kotak comprehensive bike insurance policy provided it satisfies the conditions of Zero Depreciation cover at the time of renewal.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 50 lakhs happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Bike Insurance News
Get insights into RTO costs for registering a new bike.05 October 2023
Stay informed about essential RTO rules for bikers in India....05 October 2023
Easily check your bike insurance expiration date and status ...28 September 2023
Check out what is slipper clutch? Learn their definition, di...28 September 2023
Discover the differences between Ola S1 vs S1 Pro electric s...28 September 2023