Kotak Mahindra Own Damage Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 2,327
- CLAIMS SETTLED 98%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Spot Claim Upto Rs 20,000
- 6-Month Repair Warranty
- Easy Video Claims
- Zero Paper Claims
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Kotak Mahindra Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
Standalone own-damage car insurance is one of the three basic types of car insurance offered by Kotak Mahindra General Insurance. It offers a layer of protection for owner-drivers from the uncertainties of the road. The cover provides compensation for own-damage costs in case of a mishap including cases of theft, vandalism, fires, explosions, road accidents, and calamities both natural and manmade. This cover is not compulsory like third-party insurance. However, it is advisable to purchase it all the same as it provides enhanced coverage compared to simply having third-party insurance.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Third Party Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Standalone Own-Damage
Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Insurance
Kotak Mahindra third-party insurance covers third-party liabilities in case of a mishap including bodily injuries, death, and property damage.
Kotak Mahindra standalone own-damage insurance covers the own-damage costs of the car in a wide variety of scenarios such as road accidents, theft, etc. Plus, insurance providers give NCB for claim-free years.
Kotak Mahindra comprehensive insurance covers both third-party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium. Optional personal accident cover is also offered.
Kotak Mahindra third-party car insurance does not offer add-on covers.
Kotak Mahindra standalone own-damage car insurance offers a number of add-on covers.
Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance offers their customers several add-on covers along with comprehensive plans.
Kotak Mahindra third-party car insurance is the cheapest policy they offer and provides basic coverage.
Kotak Mahindra standalone own-damage car insurance is more expensive than third-party insurance but offers better coverage.
Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance is the most expensive of the three but offers holistic coverage for both own-damage and third-party liabilities under a single premium.
What is Covered Under Kotak Mahindra Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Kotak Mahindra standalone own-damage car insurance offers coverage for the following aspects:
- Road accidents that damage the car.
- An explosion or fire that damages the car.
- Cases of theft or total loss of the car.
- Damages caused due to a natural or man made calamity, eg. earthquake.
What is Not Covered Under Kotak Mahindra Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Kotak Mahindra standalone own-damage car insurance does not offer coverage for the following aspects:
- Mishaps that happen outside India’s borders.
- Depreciation of the car.
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown of the car.
- Illegal driving in any form.
Benefits of Kotak Mahindra Standalone Own-Damage Policy
Following are the benefits of the Kotak Mahindra standalone own-damage insurance:
- You can purchase add-on covers to further strengthen the standard car insurance.
- The own-damage cover offers protection in a variety of situations and provides financial stability in times of crisis.
- No Claim Bonus is offered with every claim-free year as a reward for good driving habits. The reward is cumulative in nature which means the amount becomes higher with every consecutive claim-free year and reaches a maximum of 50% in the fifth year.
How To Purchase Kotak Mahindra Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Step 1: Visit our website InsuranceDekho and select the car insurance tab at the top left corner of the page. From the drop-down menu select ‘Standalone Own Damage option.
Step 2: Enter your car’s registration number. If for some reason you do not have this information you can also enter its make, model, and year of registration.
Step 3: Provide your personal details,i.e. Name and mobile number, and select ‘Submit and Get Quotes’.
Step 4: All the quotes for standalone own-damage policies will be visible on the screen. Select the offer by Kotak Mahindra and choose any add-ons you would like to purchase as well.
Step 5: Make the payment for your selected Kotak Mahindra standalone own-damage policy and the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Explore Kotak Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Kotak Car Insurance
- Read this article to find out reasons why you need to buy your car insurance from Kotak Mahindra General Insurance.
- Read this article to know what all factors affect the premium of Kotak General Insurance.
- Let's look at the many sorts of car insurance policies available in India which are offered by Kotak General Insurance.
- Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car being launched. Let’s take a look to know reasons why you need Insurance for Autonomous cars
- IDV is short for the ‘Insured Declared Value’, is the current market value of your car. It is your responsibility to calculate IDV correctly
Kotak Car Insurance User Reviews
- Own Damage
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
209 Kotak Cashless Garages in India
Kotak Car Insurance Own Damage FAQs
What is Kotak General Own damage insurance plan?
With the help of Kotak General's own damage cover, you can easily protect your own car against the damages caused to it because of theft, accident or any other mishap. Here, the insurance company will compensate the policyholder for any damage caused to their car.
How is the premium calculation done for Kotak General Own damage insurance plan?
The calculation of premium for Kotak General own damage insurance takes place based upon various factors such as car age, car make, vehicle type, engine cc, geographical zone, etc.
Is it necessary to buy an Own damage insurance for my vehicle?
No, purchasing your own damage insurance for your car is not mandatory as per the law. However, according to the Indian Motor Tariff act, it is necessary to at least hold a third party liability insurance for all the vehicles plying on the public roads in India.
Who is eligible to buy Kotak General Standalone own damage insurance?
Any policyholder, having a valid third party car insurance policy is permitted to buy Kotak General Standalone own damage insurance.
What is the difference between own damage insurance and third party liability insurance?
Own damage insurance plan provides coverage to the policy buyer against the damages caused to their own car because of any accident, mishap, theft, etc. While, on the other hand, a third party liability insurance provides coverage against damages to third party property or person in an accident, or any other mishap with the insured car.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Car insurance compensates you for any damages incurred as a ...10 December 2023
Read along to know why car insurance is important.10 December 2023
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023