Royal Sundaram Own Damage Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 3,300
- CLAIMS SETTLED 99%
- ZERO DEP. CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Zero Depreciation till 7 years
- 6-Month Repair Warranty
- Free Pick-Up and Drop
- Quick Claim Settlement
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Royal Sundaram Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
Royal Sundaram General Insurance offers standalone own-damage car insurance. This cover will provide the policyholder with compensation for own-damage costs in the event of a mishap. Moreover, the cover will provide this compensation in several situations including cases of theft, road accidents, vandalism, in cases of fire or explosions, natural and manmade calamities. Purchasing an own-damage cover is not obligatory like third party insurance. However, it is advisable to also purchase this cover as it provides better protection for your car.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
Third Party Insurance
Royal Sundaram Standalone Own-Damage
Third party insurance is the most basic insurance coverage. It takes care of only third party liabilities including bodily injury, death and property damage.
Own-damage covers provide compensation for only own-damage costs in case of a mishap. In addition, this protection is provided for a wide variety of scenarios such as fires and road accidents, etc.
Comprehensive plans provide holistic protection for the car. They offer compensation for both third party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium. Moreover, since this is offered under a single premium it is a hassle-free option for customers.
Add-on covers are not offered with third party car insurance covers.
Add-on covers are offered with standalone own-damage covers.
Add-on covers are offered with comprehensive insurance plans.
Third party insurance is the most basic type of car insurance and hence is also the least costly insurance available.
Standalone own-damage insurance offers more coverage than third party insurance and hence is comparatively costlier than it.
Comprehensive Insurance plans offer the widest coverage and hence are also the most expensive insurance available. However, the cost accommodates both third party liabilities and own-damage costs.
What is Covered Under Royal Sundaram Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Royal Sundaram standalone own-damage insurance offers compensation for the following situations:
- Road accidents that cause damage to the car.
- Explosions or fires that damage the car.
- Total loss or theft of the car.
- Damage caused due to natural or manmade calamities such as floods.
What is Not Covered Under Royal Sundaram Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Royal Sundaram standalone own-damage insurance does not offer compensation for the following situations:
- If the car breaks down due to an electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- If there is any mishap that involved illegal driving in any way.
- The depreciation rate of the car due to the natural wear and tear of the vehicle.
- Any mishap that occurs outside the territorial limit of India.
Benefits of Royal Sundaram Standalone Own-Damage Policy
Following are the benefits of purchasing a standalone own-damage cover from Royal Sundaram:
- It offers a layer of protection for the car and financial stability in times of crisis for the policyholder in a variety of situations.
- The policyholder is eligible for a No Claim Bonus for every claim-free year. Moreover, the reward is cumulative reaching 50% in the fifth consecutive year.
- The insurance holder can also purchase add-on covers to further strengthen the standard car insurance policy.
How To Purchase Royal Sundaram Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The below-mentioned steps will guide you in purchasing a standalone own-damage cover from Royal Sundaram:
Step 1: Visit the website InsuranceDekho and select the tab on the left top corner titled ‘car insurance’. A drop-down menu will appear, select ‘Standalone Own Damage’ from the options.
Step 2: In the given section provide your car’s registration number. If for some reason you do not have this information with you, enter your car’s make, model and year of registration instead.
Step 3: Provide your personal information, i.e., your name and mobile number and select the “Submit and Get Quotes’ button.
Step 4: All the standalone own-damage insurance quotes in your category will be visible on the screen. Select the one offered by Royal Sundaram General Insurance and select any add-ons of your choice.
Step 5: Make the payment for your chosen Royal Sundaram standalone own-damage insurance policy and the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Explore Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Royal Sundaram Car Insurance
- Read this article to know how to buy car insurance from Royal Sundaram.
- A car insurance plan comes with a fixed validity period after which it you need to get it renewed to keep your car insured. You can get it renewed eit
- On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, here are the top car insurance companies which are best for availing a personal accident.
- Explore factors that determine car insurance premium. Learn how to lower your car insurance costs. Knowing what affects your rate can help you.
- Is your car insurance policy going to expire? Look at smart tips that you should know while renewing a car insurance policy online. Learn more.
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance User Reviews
- Own Damage
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
Royal Sundaram Car Insurance Own Damage FAQs
What is Royal Sundaram Own Damage Insurance Plan?
Royal Sundaram own damage insurance is a type of motor insurance plan offered to the policyholders in order to help them in protecting their own car from the damage or loss incurred because of theft, accident, or any mishap, etc. The cost incurred for repair of damages to the insured vehicle is given to the policyholder by Royal Sundaram general insurance company.
Is it necessary to purchase an own damage insurance plan for my car?
No, it is not necessary to buy an own damage insurance plan for your car. However, as per the Indian Motor Tariff Act, a standard third party liability insurance plan for your car is compulsory in order to ply on the public roads in India without attracting any fines or penalty upon getting caught during checking by the traffic police.
How does premium calculation for my Royal Sundaram own damage insurance plan takes place?
The premium calculation for your Royal Sundaram own damage insurance plan is dependent upon various factors like geographical zone, make of the car, type of vehicle, model of the car, insured declared value of the car, Cubic capacity of your car’s engine, etc.
How can I reduce the premium of my Royal Sundaram own damage insurance plan?
You can reduce the premium of your Royal Sundaram own damage insurance plan by doing the following:
- Increase the amount of voluntary deductibles to reduce the amount of your own-damage premium.
- Ensure that you have transferred your No Claim Bonus to your existing insurance plan.
- Make sure that you declare the correct Insured Declared Value of your car.
What is an Own damage premium?
The cost that the policyholder is supposed to pay in order to get an own damage insurance is known as own damage premium. The price paid for premium is generally calculated depending upon the vehicle type, its age, engine cc, and the area in which you are using it.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Car insurance compensates you for any damages incurred as a ...10 December 2023
Read along to know why car insurance is important.10 December 2023
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023