New India Own Damage Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 3,000
- CLAIMS SETTLED 92%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Towing Assistance till Rs 1,500
- Coverage Outside India
- PSU Provider
- Quick Claim Settlement
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
New India Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
A standalone own-damage car insurance policy provides coverage for own-damage costs in the event of a mishap. New India General Insurance’s own-damage car insurance provides protection for a wide range of situations including road accidents, theft, vandalism, fires, explosions, manmade and natural calamities. This type of car insurance unlike third-party insurance is not compulsory. However, it is advisable to purchase this cover because of the wide coverage it provides for the car.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
New India Third Party Insurance
New India Standalone Own-Damage
New India Comprehensive Insurance
New India’s third-party car insurance will take care of third-party liabilities that include bodily injuries, death, and property damage. The maximum coverage offered with such covers for property damage is Rs 7.5 Lakh.
New India’s standalone own-damage car insurance will take care of own-damage costs in case of an unfortunate incident. The cover is not compulsory but offers a much wider scope of protection than just third-party insurance.
New India’s comprehensive insurance plan is the most versatile and trouble-free option. The plan takes care of both third-party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium. Moreover, you can purchase an optional Personal Accident Cover with it.
New India does not offer add-on covers with their third-party car insurance.
New India offers a variety of add-on covers along with their standalone own-damage covers.
New India offers several add-on covers along with their comprehensive car insurance plans.
New India’s third party car insurance is the most basic insurance they provide and hence is also the least costly.
New India’s standalone own-damage insurance offers wider coverage than third party insurance and hence is relatively costlier than it.
New India’s comprehensive insurance plans provide holistic protection for the car and the most coverage and hence is the most expensive option of the three.
What is Covered Under New India Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the aspects covered by New India standalone own-damage car insurance:
- Accidents that occur on the road due to collisions.
- Damage caused to the car due to a fire, explosion, or case of vandalism.
- Theft of the car or cases of a total loss.
- Damage due to natural or manmade disasters such as cyclones.
What is Not Covered Under New India Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the aspects not covered by New India standalone own-damage car insurance:
- Breakdowns of the car occur due to some form of mechanical or electrical failures.
- Mishaps that involve illegal driving in some form.
- Depreciation of the car.
- Mishaps that occur outside the mentioned geographical limits.
Benefits of New India Standalone Own-Damage Policy
Following are the benefits of purchasing a New India Standalone own-damage car insurance:
- It offers protection from a wide range of scenarios such as theft, accidents etc. But also gives the policyholder peace of mind, knowing that they will have financial stability in times of crisis.
- No Claim Bonus is offered with every own-damage cover as a reward for good driving every claim-free year. Additionally, the reward becomes incrementally higher every consecutive claim-free year reaching a maximum of 50% in the fifth year.
- Policyholders can also purchase add-on covers that provide enhanced coverage for the car.
How To Purchase New India Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the steps you can take to purchase a New India standalone own-damage car insurance policy:
Step 1: Visit the website InsuranceDekho and select ‘Car Insurance’ on the top left corner of the screen. A drop down menu will appear, select the ‘Standalone Own Damage’ option from it.
Step 2: Provide the car’s registration number. If you do not have the registration number there is an option to enter other details.
Step 3: Enter your personal details, i.e., your name and phone number and select the button ‘Submit and Get Quotes’.
Step 4: All the quotes for standalone own-damage insurance will be on your screen. Select the one offered by New India and choose any add-ons that you think would be suited to your needs.
Step 5: Pay for the select New India standalone own-damage car insurance and the policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Explore New India Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying New India Car Insurance
- Read on to find out how modifications in your four-wheelers impacts New India Car Insurance Plan.
- This article debunks the top five myths regarding vehicle insurance.
- Read this article to understand how modifying your car can affect your New India Car Insurance Policy.
- What does the extension of renewal dates mean for your car insurance? Read this article to find out.
- What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into the details of this feature of cashless insurance.
New India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Own Damage
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
259 New India Cashless Garages in India
New India Car Insurance Own Damage FAQs
What all is covered under New India car insurance plan?
The expenses incurred by your car due to the following are offered coverage:
- Natural calamities like flood, fire, tsunami, etc.
- Theft or similar malicious act
- Man made disasters like vandalism, riots, terror attacks, etc.
- Loss/ Damage to the insured car and other belongings inside it due to an accident or any other mishap.
Is purchasing an Own Damage insurance for my car mandatory?
No, it is not mandated by the law to buy an own damage cover for your car but as per Indian Motor Tariff act it is mandatory to have at least a third party car insurance plan in order to drive your car on public roads in India without attracting any penalty or fines at the time of checking by traffic cops.
Who is eligible to purchase New India standalone own damage insurance?
A policyholder, who holds an active third party liability insurance is eligible to purchase own damage insurance from New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
How does calculation of premium take place for New India's own damage insurance plan?
The premium calculation is done after taking into account several factors like car age, car make, vehicle type, geographical zone, engine cc, etc.
What is the meaning of Own damage premium?
The amount that the policy buyer is required to pay to get their car insured under an own damage insurance plan is referred to as own damage premium.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Car insurance compensates you for any damages incurred as a ...10 December 2023
Read along to know why car insurance is important.10 December 2023
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023