Digit Own Damage Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 6,000
- CLAIMS SETTLED 96%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Towing Assistance (Till 50 kms)
- Repair Anywhere
- 24x7 Assistance
- Quick Claim Settlement
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Digit Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
Digit General Insurance offers its customers a standalone own-damage cover. This takes care of the own-damage costs of the policyholder in case of a mishap. Moreover, the cover offers this compensation in a wide variety of situations including theft, vandalism, road accidents, fires, natural and manmade calamities. The standalone own-damage cover is not compulsory however, the protection it offers can make a significant difference in a time of crisis by offering financial stability.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
Digit Third Party Insurance
Digit Standalone Own-Damage
Digit Comprehensive Insurance
This type of cover will take care of third party liabilities in the event of a mishap including bodily injuries, death and property damage. The maximum compensation offered for property damage with this cover is Rs 7.5 Lakh.
This type of cover takes care of the own-damage costs of the car in a wide variety of scenarios such as road accidents, theft etc. Additionally, the insurance provider offers NCB for claim-free years.
This type of insurance covers both third party liabilities and own-damage costs under a single premium. Optional personal accident cover is also offered. It is hassle-free and convenient.
Add-on covers cannot be purchased along with third party insurance.
There are a number of add-on covers are available with standalone own-damage covers.
There are several add-on covers offered along with comprehensive plans.
It is the cheapest type of car insurance policy available and provides basic coverage.
It is more expensive than third party insurance. This is because it offers better coverage.
It is the most expensive but offers wider coverage for both own-damage and third party liabilities under a single premium.
What is Covered Under Digit Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The Digit standalone own-damage car insurance policy covers the following aspects:
- Accidents that occur due to collisions while driving on the road
- Fires or explosions that cause damage to the car
- Car theft
- Damages caused due to a natural or man-made calamity. Eg: floods
What is Not Covered Under Digit Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
The Digit standalone own-damage car insurance policy does not cover the following aspects:
- Electrical or mechanical failures of the car
- Any mishap that somehow involves illegal driving
- General wear and tear of the car
- Mishaps that happen outside the geographical limits of the country
Benefits of Digit Standalone Own-Damage Policy
The following are the benefits of purchasing standalone own-damage insurance from Digit:
- It offers policyholders protection against a wide range of scenarios.
- Policyholders are given No Claim Bonus as a reward for good driving habits every claim-free year.
- You can purchase add-on covers to further strengthen your car insurance policy.
How To Purchase Digit Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Visit our website InsuranceDekho and select the ‘car insurance’ tab. A drop down menu will appear select ‘Standalone Own Damage’ from the options visible.
Step 2: Enter the registration number of the car. If you do not have this information with you for some reason you can also enter the car’s make, model and year of registration.
Step 3: Next enter your personal details and select the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ button.
Step 4: All the quotes for standalone own-damage covers in your category will be visible on the screen. Select the quote offered by Digit General Insurance and select any add-on covers you require as well.
Step 5: Make the payment for your Digit standalone own-damage car insurance policy and the insurance document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Explore Digit Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the benefits of purchasing a Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- Read this article to understand the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium at Digit General Insurance.
- Pollution under control certificate or PUC certificate that verifies that the emissions exerted from your vehicle are within the permissible level.
- Do car accidents affect insurance premium? Does car insurance premium increase after claiming for an accident? Let’s read all about it and find out.
- This Diwali, let's gift something useful, something which enhances security.
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Own Damage
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
414 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Car Insurance Own-Damage FAQs
What are the various add-ons available with Digit Own Damage insurance?Some of the add-on covers available with Digit own damage insurance are as follows:
- Engine and Gearbox Protection cover
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- Consumable Cover
- Tyre Protect Cover
- Passenger Cover
- Return to invoice Cover
- Breakdown Assistance
What all coverage does Digit Own Damage insurance offers to the policyholder?
The own damage cover offers the following protection to the policyholder:
- Theft, burglary and housebreaking
- Accidental damages to the vehicle
- Self ignition, implosions, lightning, fire, and explosions
- Landslide, earthquakes and rockslides.
- Riots, strikes, terrorism attacks, or malicious damage
- Natural calamities such as typhoons, cyclones, floods, etc.
- Vehicle transit by road, inland waterways, rail or air.
What all factors are responsible for Digit Own Damage Premium calculation?
The premium is calculated based upon the following factors:
- Insured declared value of the car
- Cubic capacity of the engine
- Geographical zone
- Type, make and age of the insured car
Who is eligible to purchase Digit Own Damage insurance?
Any individual who has an active and valid third party car insurance plan is allowed to purchase a standalone own damage insurance plan to ensure protection against damages or losses sustained by their own car due to any accident or mishap.
Is purchasing an Own Damage cover necessary?
No, purchasing an own damage insurance cover for your car is not necessary. According to the Indian Motor Tariff Act, it is compulsory to purchase a valid third party insurance plan for all the vehicles driving on public roads in India.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Car insurance compensates you for any damages incurred as a ...10 December 2023
Read along to know why car insurance is important.10 December 2023
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023