Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
- CASHLESS GARAGES 6,000
- CLAIMS SETTLED 96%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Towing Assistance (Till 50 kms)
- Repair Anywhere
- 24x7 Assistance
- Quick Claim Settlement
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
The insurance policy that provides protection and indemnification against third party liabilities (both life as well as property) and against the damage suffered by the insured vehicle is known as a comprehensive car insurance policy. Digit comprehensive car insurance policy offers insurance coverage for the insured vehicle for damage/loss sustained by it in any road accident, natural or man-made calamity, theft or any other mishap in addition to the third party liabilities (both life and property).
Digit General Insurance is one of the top-ranked insurers that offers a wholesome comprehensive car insurance policy that provides wider coverage and option to purchase multiple add-on covers to strengthen the insurance cover.
Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance Vs Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance
Digit comprehensive car insurance insures your vehicle not only against third party liabilities but also against own-damages sustained by the insured car. It compensates third party property damage up to a maximum of Rs.7.5 lakh and third party bodily injuries/death as per court’s decision.
Digit third party car insurance provides coverage against third party liabilities only. It will provide limited/unlimited compensation in case of physical injury/death of a third party and property damage of up to a maximum of Rs.7.5 lakh.
Digit comprehensive car policy offers a wide range of add-on covers that provide additional benefits and enhances protection against extra premium.
No add-on covers are available with the third party insurance policy.
Cost of insurance policy
The cost of Digit comprehensive car policy is comparatively higher than its third party plan due to wider coverage.
Digit third party policy costs comparatively lesser than the package policy cover due to its limited coverage.
What All is Covered Under Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan?
Digit comprehensive car insurance policy provides coverage for the following aspects:
- Third-party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Limited/unlimited coverage in case of bodily injury/permanent disability or death of a third party.
- Coverage for own-damages incurred by the insured car in any accident, theft, natural/man-made calamity, etc.
What All Is Not Covered Under Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan?
Digit comprehensive car insurance policy refrains from providing coverage for the following:
- Normal wear and tear
- Driving without a valid license
- In the case of wilful negligence
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Damaged caused due to contractual liability
- Damage caused during war, nuclear risk or any similar situation
- In case of driving under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating drugs.
Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
- Availability of personal accident coverage of up to Rs. 15 lakh.
- Availment 24x7 responsive customer support (even on National holidays).
- Customization of the Insured Declared Value as per choice is also available.
- Availability of over 1,000 network garages to facilitate cashless claim settlements.
- Modernized smartphone-enabled self-inspection process for quick processing of claim intimation.
- Doorstep pick-up, drop along with a repair warranty of 6 months if you opt for Digit associated workshops.
- Super-fast claim settlement process. Digit has settled about 96% of all the claims filed with it for private vehicles.
Must Read Articles before buying Digit Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the benefits of purchasing a Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- Read this article to understand the factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium at Digit General Insurance.
- Pollution under control certificate or PUC certificate that verifies that the emissions exerted from your vehicle are within the permissible level.
- Do car accidents affect insurance premium? Does car insurance premium increase after claiming for an accident? Let’s read all about it and find out.
- This Diwali, let's gift something useful, something which enhances security.
Digit Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
414 Digit Cashless Garages in India
Digit Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
How can I purchase the Digit comprehensive policy online?
- Step-1 -Visit the official website of Digit. Then enter your vehicle details - make, model, variant along with the registration date and the city your vehicle is being driven in. Click on ‘Get Quote’.
- Step-2 - Select ‘Standard Package’ (Comprehensive Insurance).
- Step-3 - Furnish all the details about your previous insurance policy such as the expiration date, claims filed in the previous year, No Claim Bonus rewards (if any).
- Step-4 - You will be given a quote for your premium. Digit comprehensive policy allows you to further customization your insurance plan with the help of various add-on covers. The final premium will be available on the next page where you can proceed with payment.
Are passengers covered under the comprehensive car insurance?
Digit comprehensive car insurance policy covers only insured car and third party liabilities in case of an accident or any other mishap. To get an insurance cover for unnamed passengers, you can buy the Digit passenger cover add-on which provides a coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh against a premium.
Is it mandatory to have a comprehensive car insurance policy?
No, according to the Indian Motor Tariff 2002, every vehicle-owner should have their vehicles insured with at least a third party liability only insurance policy. Thus, a comprehensive cover is not mandatory although a recommended plan as it insures you against own-damages of your car besides the third party liabilities.
How can I get the quotes for Digit comprehensive car insurance?
You can get the quotes for Digit through its official website. You can also opt to get the quote through InsuranceDekho just by entering the car registration number on its “Get a Quote” feature.
What are the factors that influence the premium amount of the Digit comprehensive car insurance policy?
The factors that influence the premium amount of the Digit comprehensive car insurance policy are Deductibles, Add-On Covers, Tenure of the policy, Age of the insured’s car, Make and model of the car, and Insured Declared Value (IDV).
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Car insurance compensates you for any damages incurred as a ...10 December 2023
Read along to know why car insurance is important.10 December 2023
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023