Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
SBI General Comprehensive Insurance
SBI General helps you to deal with all the uncertainly that you face when on the road with its Comprehensive Private Car Insurance policy.
SBI General comprehensive car insurance plan comes with a range of benefits. Instead of the limited coverage, which is offered with Act Only cover, a comprehensive plan insures your car and you along with covering third-party liabilities. Having a comprehensive car insurance cover means that the insurer will bear the liability arising from damage/theft to the insured car, injury/death of the policyholder, injury/death of the third party and any third-party property. This includes coverage from fire, explosion, self-ignition, accidental damage by external means, natural or man-made calamities, riots, etc. You will also get an additional discount on premium if you opt for Voluntary Excess along with Compulsory Excess.
SBI General has the iAAA rating for its highest claim settlement ability.
Benefits of SBI General Comprehensive
SBI General Comprehensive car insurance policy eliminates the need to spend heavy sums after an accident. Thanks to the vast coverage, it exempts you from reimbursing to a number of things. SBI General comprehensive car insurance policy brings the following benefits:
- It covers expenses of several things after a road-mishap including compensation for damage/theft of your car, injury/death of a third-party/policyholder and any third-party property damages.
- SBI General offers you a 24*7 assistance of well-trained professional customer care executives.
- SBI General car insurance policyholders also have the opportunity to repair their damaged cars in any of the cashless garage authorised by the company.
- You will also be available to purchase a number of add-on covers that prove to be highly practical during claim settlement.
SBI Geneal COmp Claim Process
1) Initiation of Claim
Get in touch with SBI General immediately and inform them about the accident and location. This will initiate the claim process. To reach SBI General, call the toll free number 1800 22 1111 or SMS "CLAIM" to 561612 or email your details on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can also initiate the claim online post filling basic details: SBI General Insurance
2) Confirmation of the process
The claims manager/executive will contact you within 24 hours of registering the claim and provide a claim number/reference number. This also means that your claim request has been accepted by the company.
3) Registration of FIR
Lodging an FIR at the nearest police station is mandatory in case of grave injury to any person or theft of the vehicle. Also, explain about the accident (if asked) and furnish the details of witnesses (if any) to the company.
4) Service at workshop
Tow/drive your damaged car to the nearest cashless garage for repairs. SBI General has a network of more 2500 garages for cashless claim settlement. Furthermore, you also need to submit the required documents to the claims manager/executive and get them verified against the originals.
5) Sit and relax
SBI General will sanction the claim amount post completion of documentation and all necessary formalities. All admissible claims are settled within a maximum of 30 days of receipt of the final survey report or the last relevant and necessary document.
Must Read Articles before buying Sbi Car Insurance
- Read this article to find out significant features and benefits of purchasing your car insurance from SBI General Insurance
- To know some of the simple and quick ways of renewing your bike insurance plan online, read the article.
- Read this article to find out everything you need to know about purchasing car insurance from SBI General Insurance.
- Read this article to find out effective ways to reduce the cost of your car insurance premium with SBI General Insurance.
- There are many features and benefits of SBI car insurance plans. Read this article to take note of the benefits of car insurance plans.
SBI General Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
616 Sbi Cashless Garages in India
SBI Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
Can I buy a SBI General comprehensive car policy premiums online?Yes, SBI General has a dedicated portal on its website, which can be used to buy a new car insurance policy. Moreover, you can also renew your existing policy through the portal. For more details, contact Insurancedekho at 7551196989.
Will I be entitled to any discount if no claim is filed during the policy tenure?Yes, you will be entitled to get No Claim Bonus (NCB) if no claim is lodged during the insurance period. The discount increases for every claim-free years up to 5 years.
Is there any way to retain NCB after a claim?This is only possible if you have the NCB Protection add-on cover over your standard SBI insurance policy. However, this protection will also become void if more than one claim is filed during the policy period.
I want to sell my car, how can I transfer my policy to the new owner?The SBI General car insurance policy is transferable. You just need to submit an application and fill the necessary details in the application form. The company may charge a minimal fee for the same.
Can I cover my personal belonging in the existing policy?Yes, you can get your personal belongings covered against payment of an additional premium. However, this allowance only covers the personal belongings of the policyholder and not others travelling in your car.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Car insurance compensates you for any damages incurred as a ...10 December 2023
Read along to know why car insurance is important.10 December 2023
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023