SBI Third Party Car Insurance
- Covers Third Party Person
- Covers Third Party Property
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
SBI General Third Party Insurance
Roads have their own set of rules and some of them are beyond anyone’s control. So, instead of carrying liabilities, it is always wise to shift them to the one who can take better care of it. SBI General offers you ‘Motor Act Only – Private Car (Long Term)’ policy that has been designed to cover the compulsory third-party liabilities as directed by the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
SBI General Act Only cover is a long term policy for 3 years so that you don’t have to engage in the hassle of annual renewals. It covers damages from injury/death of the third-party and for any damage incurred on a third-party property including the vehicle. Moreover, you can also purchase additional covers at an extra cost like, personal accident cover of up to 15 lakhs and extension of legal liabilities to paid driver/conductor/cleaner employed in operation of vehicle and employees travelling in/driving the vehicle other than the paid driver.
Benefits of SBI General Third Party Insurance
Although being a legal compulsion, a third-party liability cover is highly beneficial in practical terms. In this case, the Act Only cover from SBI General offers more than standard third-party insurance of other general insurance companies.
- Act Only policy protects you from the expenses arising for compensating a third-party in case of an accident. SBI General reimburses the third-party on your behalf.
- It covers injury/death of a third-party and damages imparted on third-party’s vehicle or any other property belonging to a third-party. Moreover, it also covers all the legal expenses incurred during the course.
- You can also avail a personal accident cover of Rs. 15 lakhs by paying an extra cost.
SBI General Claim Process
1) Contact your insurer
Get in touch with SBI General immediately and inform them about the accident and location. This will initiate the claim process. To reach SBI General, call the toll free number 1800 22 1111 or SMS "CLAIM" to 561612 or email your details on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can also initiate the claim online post filling in basic details at SBI General Insurance
2) Confirmation of the process
The claims manager/executive will contact you within 24 hours of registering the claim and provide a claim number/reference number. This also means that your claim request has been accepted by the company.
3) Seek medical attention
If an accident results in a serious or fatal injury of a third-party, rush to the nearest hospital in order to avail the crucial first-hour medical attention. Keep bill/receipts of expenses incurred during the same.
Submit all relevant documents to the claims manager/executive and get them verified against the originals.
5) Claim settlement
SBI General will settle all admissible claims within a maximum of 30 days of receipt of the final survey report or the last relevant and necessary document. Claims are generally settled instantly and will be paid directly to the third-party.
Must Read Articles before buying Sbi Car Insurance
- Read this article to find out significant features and benefits of purchasing your car insurance from SBI General Insurance
- To know some of the simple and quick ways of renewing your bike insurance plan online, read the article.
- Read this article to find out everything you need to know about purchasing car insurance from SBI General Insurance.
- Read this article to find out effective ways to reduce the cost of your car insurance premium with SBI General Insurance.
- There are many features and benefits of SBI car insurance plans. Read this article to take note of the benefits of car insurance plans.
SBI General Car Insurance User Reviews
- Third Party
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
616 Sbi Cashless Garages in India
SBI Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Will SBI General compensate me for the expenses incurred while giving medical aid to the third-party?Yes, definitely. You just need to keep the bill/receipts of all the expenses incurred while seeking any medical attention. Submit those along with necessary documents during the claim settlement process and you will be reimbursed as soon as possible.
What if the accident occurred when my car is being driven by any other person?You can extend the legal liabilities for any paid driver/conductor/cleaner employed in operation of the vehicle. However, this cover is not available by default and you need to purchase it against an extra cost.
Do I need to renew the policy every year?No, there is no need to renew the policy every year. SBI General Act Only is a long term policy for 3 years, which eliminates the need for annual auto-renewal.
I have lost the insurance Policy. Can I get a duplicate one?Yes. Just approach the nearest branch and submit a written request. A nominal fee will be charged to furnish a duplicate copy of your insurance policy.
Is No Claim Bonus available with the Act Only cover?Yes, you are entitled to get No Claim Bonsu (NCB) discount with Act Only cover if no claim is filed during the policy tenure. Also, the discount increases for every claim-free years, up to 5 years.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023