Liberty Third Party Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 4,500
- CLAIMS SETTLED 98%
- ZERO DEP. CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Covers Third Party Person
- Covers Third Party Property
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Liberty Third Party Car Insurance
The Indian Motor tariff 2002 makes it compulsory for every car owner in India to have at least a third party liability cover. You can fulfil this legal requirement by purchasing a third party car insurance policy from one of the leading insurers Liberty General Insurance company. The Liberty third party liability cover provides compensation for all the third party liabilities (life and property) arising out of an accident/mishap involving the insured car.
Under the third party liability cover, Liberty General Insurance offers as much compensation as decided by a court of law in case of injury/death of a third party and up to Rs 7.5 lakh compensation in case of third party property damage. The insurer offers both 1 year as well long-term third party car insurance policy.
Liberty Third Party Car Insurance Vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Extent Of Cover
Under the third party cover, compensation is provided for bodily injury/death of a third party and third party property damage (up to Rs 7.5 lakh).
The comprehensive plan offers compensation for all third party liabilities as well as for damages incurred by the insured vehicle in accordance with its Insured Declared Value (IDV).
A third party cover cannot be customised as no add-ons are available with it.
A comprehensive cover can be customised with the help of a number of add-ons.
It is compulsory as per law for a car owner to purchase a third party car insurance policy.
A car owner has an option to purchase a comprehensive car insurance policy or not.
What All Is Covered Under Liberty Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
The coverages provided by Liberty third party car insurance policy are described below:
- Optional accident cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh for a hired driver.
- Reimbursement up to Rs 7.5 lakh for third party property damage.
- Optional accident cover of up to Rs. 2 lakh for unnamed co-passengers.
- Availability of optional personal accident cover up to Rs. 15 lakh for the policyholder.
- Limited/Unlimited (depending upon the type of injury) liability cover for injury/death of a third party.
What All Is Not Covered Under Liberty Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
The Liberty third party liability cover does not provide coverage for the following:
- Damages incurred by the insured vehicle in an accident.
- Damages incurred to the insured vehicle due to a natural or man-made calamity or any other mishap.
- Bodily injury of the policyholder and co-passengers travelling in the insured vehicle (if not opted for the respective cover).
Explore Liberty Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Liberty Car Insurance
- Read this article to understand the benefits of purchasing your Private Car Package Policy with Liberty General Insurance.
- Read this article to know about the steps you need to follow to renew Liberty’s car insurance policy online.
- Roadside assistance for car. Roadside assistance add-on in car Insurance cover you can gain emergency support right at the spot.
Liberty Car Insurance User Reviews
- Third Party
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
473 Liberty Cashless Garages in India
Liberty Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
What is the amount of personal accident cover offered by Liberty General Insurance?
Liberty offers a personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 lakh for the policyholders. The accident cover for a paid driver is available up to Rs 2 lakh each for both co-passengers and paid driver.
How much compensation is offered if the accident results in permanent total disability of a third party?
The final compensation amount is decided by the court of law and the entire cost is borne by the Insurer.
What happens to my car insurance policy if I sell my vehicle before policy expiry?
In such a case, the policy’s ownership can be changed by filing an endorsement form which will contain all the details of changes done in the policy such as name, DOB, mobile number, etc.
How can I pay the premium of the Liberty third party car insurance?
The payment for the premium of the Liberty third party car insurance policy can be done in the following ways:
- Visit the nearest branch.
- Go to the official website of Liberty General Insurance.
- Contact the support team of Liberty General Insurance by calling the toll-free helpline number 1800-266-5844.
Do I get any compensation for the damage of my car in case of an accident?
No, the third party car insurance does not cover the damage of the insured’s car under any circumstances even in case of an accident.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023