Acko Third Party Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 2,000
- CLAIMS SETTLED 72.68%
- Covers Third Party Person
- Covers Third Party Property
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Acko Third Party Car Insurance
Third-party insurance policy offered by Acko General Insurance Company protects you from third-party liabilities arising due to an accident. This insurance plan covers your expenses incurred on compensating damages incurred to a third-party in an accident. This includes injury/death of a person and even coverage of damages occurred to any third-party property.
Also termed as an 'Act-Only' cover, a third party insurance policy is a legal compulsion. The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 directs every car owner to at least have a third-party insurance coverage policy for their vehicle. A car without this cover is deemed illegal and hence cannot be taken for a drive.
However, Acko third-party insurance plan, just like any other third-party cover, does not offer the protection of vehicle and policyholder. Also, Acko clearly mentions that they do not cover expenses if the damage is done because of illegal driving practices e.g. invalid license, drunken driving etc.
Third Party Policy Vs Comprehensive Policy
Third Party Policy
Extent Of Cover
Acko car insurance third party policy provides unlimited compensation for bodily injury/death of a third party and up to Rs 7.5 lakh for third party property damage.
Acko car insurance comprehensive plan offers compensation for not only all third party liabilities as well as for damages sustained by the insured vehicle as per its Insured Declared Value (IDV).
No add-on covers are available on third party policies so customization is not possible.
Acko Car insurance comprehensive policy can be customised as a number of add-ons are available to enhance the coverage of the policyholder and the insured vehicle.
As per law, it is mandatory for a car owner to purchase a third party car insurance policy.
Acko comprehensive car insurance policy is not mandatory but is recommended as it provides a wider range of coverage.
Acko Third Party Car Insurance Coverage
Purchasing a third-party liability coverage policy is mandatory for every vehicle owner, and it covers and compensates the following events:
- It insures policyholder against third-party liabilities caused to a third-party by your vehicle and provides unlimited coverage in case of death or an extensive injury/disability of the third party. This also includes coverage of all legal expenses incurred during the court trial.
- It also insures policyholder against third-party property damage (up to a certain maximum cap).
- Owing to its basic and narrow coverage, third-party liability insurance policy is comparatively affordable. This means that the policy can be bought with a low premium amount.
- Cashless claim settlements, as well as reimbursement options, are easily available.
- Third-party insurance policy from Acko offers a hassle-free claim settlement process.
Acko third party policy does not provide coverage for the following:
- If the accident because the driver was under the influence of intoxicants like alcohol or drugs etc.
- If the accident occurred when the vehicle was being driven by a driver who does not have a valid licence.
- Non-accidental damage like wear and tear, breakdowns, failures, and certain specific liable deductibles are not covered.
- Non-accidental damages to tyres, tubes, and engine are also not covered.
Must Read Articles before buying Acko Car Insurance
- There are some factors that could affect your Acko car insurance premium. Read this article to take a note of them.
- Read this article to understand the points that you should consider before purchasing your car insurance with Acko General Insurance.
- Read this article to know the types of car insurance plans offered by Acko General Insurance.
- Buying a second-hand car saves a lot of money since they are priced almost 50% lower than new cars. However, you would still need to have a valid car
- FASTag has brought lots of benefits for the general public as well as official authorities. Explore FASTag benefits, cost and application process.
Acko Car Insurance User Reviews
- Third Party
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
Acko Third Policy FAQs
What happens if my vehicle is not insured against third-party liability?
As per the Indian Motor Tariff 2002, it is compulsory for every vehicle owner to have an insurance policy for his/her vehicle. The third party policy is the most affordable and basic car insurance policy that you can avail.
What is the maximum coverage of third-party liability insurance policy?
This depends on the type/degree of injury/damage incurred to the third party. In case of partial disability, a third-party policy can fetch you 50-75% of the sum assured. However, in the case of death, the rendered amount is 100%. The final compensation amount is decided by the court of law.
My policy document is lost, what should I do next?
If you have your Acko car insurance policy, you can call up their toll-free number and request for your policy copy via email. Once you receive the email, you can take a printout of the same and keep it in your vehicle.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023