Oriental Third Party Car Insurance
- Covers Third Party Person
- Covers Third Party Property
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Oriental Third Party Car Insurance Policy
A third party car insurance is a type of car insurance which secures you from the claims made by a third party involved in an accident with your car. According to the Indian Motor Tariff 2002, it is compulsory for every car owner to have at least a third party car insurance, absence of which attracts a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months for the first offence.
The third party car insurance offered by Oriental General Insurance insures you insures you against all types of third party third party damages be it bodily injuries, temporary or permanent disability, death of a third party or third party property.
Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third party car insurance
Comprehensive car insurance
It covers all third party liabilities - bodily injuries, temporary/permanent disability, death of a third party as well as third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
In addition to all third party liabilities, a comprehensive policy also provides insurance for damages incurred by the insured’s car in any road accident, natural/man-made calamity, theft, fire, etc.
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, a third party car insurance is a compulsory requirement for all car owners.
To have or to not have a comprehensive car insurance policy is solely a choice of the car owner. There is no legal requirement related to a comprehensive cover.
Available at relatively lower premium rates due to limited coverage.
Available at relatively higher premium rates due to extended coverage.
Oriental Third Party Car Insurance Policy Coverage
A third party car insurance policy offered by Oriental General Insurance covers the following:
- Bodily injury/death of a third party by the insured’s car. The insurer has a limited/unlimited liability in such cases and the amount of compensation is decided by a court of law.
- Compensation of up to Rs 7.5 lakh for third party property damage.
The Oriental third party car insurance policy does not provide a cover for the following:
- Bodily injury of the policyholder
- Damages/loss incurred by the insured’s car
- Contractual liabilities.
Explore Oriental Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Oriental Car Insurance
- In this article, you can read about the benefits and perks of purchasing your car insurance with Oriental General Insurance.
- Read this article to understand how you can claim your No Claim Bonus for Car insurance with New Oriental General Insurance.
- Read this article to know about the benefits of purchasing car insurance from Oriental Insurance.
- Read this article to know how modifications can affect your car insurance.
- Taking these following steps can ensure that the ride is both safe and fun for your kids. A little mistake on your part can take a heavy toll.
Oriental Car Insurance User Reviews
- Third Party
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
Oriental Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Is it mandatory to buy a car insurance policy?The Indian Motor Tariff mandates every car owner to have at least a car insurance policy in place. Also, the importance of this insurance cannot be undermined as it frees the insurance from all unforeseen financial burden towards a third party due to an accident involving the insured’s car.
How do I benefit from buying a car insurance policy online?Ease of comparison of various insurance policies, paperless policy proposal and online payment mechanisms make way for seamless and hassle-free buying of insurance are some of the benefits which one avails while purchasing a policy online.
My car just crashed against a scooter causing the latter’s driver to sustain grievous injuries. How do I file a third-party insurance claim?You may make a claim by either logging on to the insurance company’s website or calling the insurer’s customer care centre for the same.
Can I avail NCB discount with a third party car insurance policy?Unfortunately, No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount cannot be availed with a third party car insurance policy.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Car insurance compensates you for any damages incurred as a ...10 December 2023
Read along to know why car insurance is important.10 December 2023
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023