IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 4,300
- CLAIMS SETTLED 96%
- ZERO DEP. CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Covers Third Party Person
- Covers Third Party Property
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance
Having at least a third party policy cover is mandatory for every car owner in India under the Motor Vehicles Act. The third-party car insurance policy offered by IFFCO Tokio covers the policyholder against expenses arising out of damage incurred to a third party. This majorly includes coverage in 3 cases. It reimburses the policyholder for the damages caused to any third party vehicle and injuries caused to people involved in an accident.
The fact that repair costs are considerably high these days makes the third-party insurance cover highly important. Besides fulfilling your compulsion to have a policy cover for the car, it also saves you from the hefty expenses which might occur after an accident. Having understood its importance, let us learn how a third party cover is different from a comprehensive motor insurance policy.
Third-Party vs Comprehensive
|Coverage||Covers expenses for third party property damages and damages caused due to injury/death of a third-party.||Covers expenses for all third party property and life damages and damages caused to the insured vehicle|
|Nature of Requirement||It is mandatory to have under Motor Vehicles Act.||It is not mandatory under any law and solely depends on the buyer’s preference.|
|Add-ons Availability||No add-ons are available with this cover.||It comes with all add-on covers.|
|Cost||A third-party cover is relatively cheaper as the coverage is limited.||It is relatively expensive due to extensive and complete coverage.|
IFFCO Tokio Third Party Coverage
A third-party car insurance policy offered by IFFCO Tokio covers the following:
- Compensation for the injury or death to pedestrians, fare-paying passengers and non-fare-paying passengers.
- Compensation up to Rs 7.5 lakh for damages caused to a third-party property because of the policyholder’s car.
- Unlimited liability cover in case of death of a third party. The amount of compensation is decided by a court of law.
What All Is Not Covered Under IFFCO Tokio Third Party Policy?
- Damages caused to the insured car.
- Injury of the policyholder.
- Optional personal accident cover of the policyholder.
Explore Iffco Tokio Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Iffco Tokio Car Insurance
- Read on to find out the benefits of IFFCO Tokio car insurance in detail.
- Find out how to check the expiry date of the IFFCO Tokio Car insurance policy on the official website of the Insurance Information Bureau.
- Read this article to know how to prevent rejection of IFFCO Tokio car insurance.
- What is ‘endorsement’ in car insurance? Read this article to find out.
- Wondering what to do before heading out on the road with your buddies? We have put together the perfect road trip checklist to make your life easier.
Iffco Tokio Car Insurance User Reviews
- Third Party
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
525 Iffco Tokio Cashless Garages in India
IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
What should I do after an accident?
If the accident results in a serious injury of any person, it is advisable to first rush to the nearest hospital to seek medical attention. Thereafter, contact IFFCO Tokio at 1800-103-5499 as soon as possible to initiate the Claim Settlement process.
What is the minimum coverage tenure for IFFCO Tokio third party policy?
For new cars, the minimum coverage period is 3 years, after which, the policy needs to be renewed annually. On the other hand, for old cars, the policy cover needs to be renewed annually.
How much compensation can be offered in case of death of a third party?
The amount of compensation in case of death of a third party in an accident caused by the insured car is decided by a court of law.
Is there any way to get a duplicate copy of my car insurance plan?
Yes, in case you have misplaced your insurance cover, then you can request for a duplicate copy of the same by submitting a written application to your respective insurance provider.
What is not covered under a third party car insurance plan?
Generally, a third party car insurance plan does not offer coverage for their own vehicle against any kind of damage or loss incurred.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023