National Third Party Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 3,100
- CLAIMS SETTLED 93.00%
- Covers Third Party Person
- Covers Third Party Property
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
National Third Party Car Insurance
A third party car insurance is the most basic kind of insurance cover which insures the policyholder against all kinds of third party damage. It is necessary for every car owner to have at least a third party car insurance cover, according to the Indian Motor Tariff 2002.
The third party car insurance cover offered by National Insurance Company offers coverage for the following:
- Bodily injuries or temporary disability of a third party
- Death of a third party
- Third party property damage up to Rs. 7.5 lakh
Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Nature of Cover
This cover is basic and mandatory for people owning cars in India.
It is an optional but advised cover for car owners.
Extent of Cover
This cover provides insurance against third party liability only which may arise out of an accident/mishap involving the insured’s car.
This plan secures the policyholder against both third party liabilities as well as own damages of the insured’s car.
The premium for this plan is relatively low owing to the basic nature of its coverage.
The premium for this plan is relatively high due to its extensive coverage.
A preferred option for low-cost cars as bearing the cost of repairs would cost less than paying comprehensive insurance premiums
Deemed best for luxury cars as the comprehensive insurance plan covers damages against loss on theft in addition to damages.
National Third Party Car Insurance Coverage
The National Third Party Car Insurance provides a coverage for the following:
- Insurance cover for third party liabilities- bodily injury as well as death. The amount of compensation is decided by a court of law in such cases.
- Third party property damage of up to Rs 7.5 lakh.
National Insurance Company also offers an optional personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 lakh for the policyholder and of up to 2 lakh for unnamed co-passengers of the insured’s vehicle.
The following are not covered under National third party car insurance policy:
- Damages incurred by the insured vehicle in an accident/natural calamity or any other mishap.
- Bodily injuries of the policyholder
- Death of the policyholder in case of no purchase of a personal accident cover.
Explore National Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying National Car Insurance
- Read this article to know the advantages of the National Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
- Read this article to know the top ways to renew the National car insurance policy.
- The lack of adequate knowledge of insurance plans leaves policy buyers confused. Particularly when it comes to insurance for your car.
- Know factors influencing hatchback car insurance premium.
- What is no claim bonus (ncb) in car insurance? No claim bonus (NCB) is a discount given to you as the policyholder at the time of renewing your car.
National Car Insurance User Reviews
- Third Party
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
223 National Cashless Garages in India
National Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
Can I buy a car insurance policy from National Insurance online?Yes, you can buy the National Third Party Car Insurance online from the company’s website or via our platform InsuranceDekho which enables you to compare policies offered by all leading insurance companies in India.
What are the exclusions under the third-party car insurance policy?A third party car insurance does not provide coverage for the following: Damages incurred by the insured vehicle in an accident/natural calamity or any other mishap. Bodily injuries of the policyholder Death of the policyholder in case of no purchase of a personal accident cover.
Which is more beneficial – comprehensive or third-party insurance?Though having a third-party cover ensures necessary security at reasonable premium rates, opting for a comprehensive car ensures a complete and all-around coverage of your car against any kind of possible damage along with loss due to theft of the car.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Car insurance compensates you for any damages incurred as a ...10 December 2023
Read along to know why car insurance is important.10 December 2023
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023