Reliance Third Party Car Insurance
- CASHLESS GARAGES 8,200
- CLAIMS SETTLED 98%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Covers Third Party Person
- Covers Third Party Property
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
Reliance Third Party Car Insurance
Choosing an insurance policy for your car is mandatory under law. You need to insure your car at least against third-party liabilities, which is a legal obligation as per, the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. The policyholder is the first party, insurance company being the second, and another person who claims for the damage is third party.
Third-party insurance offered by Reliance General Insurance saves you from heavy expenses when the damages occur to a third party. This includes injury or death of the third-party and even accidental damage to the third party's property. The insurer indemnifies the person on your behalf with a claim amount, which is decided by the court as per the injury/death/damages caused in an accident. The claim amount can be up to 100% if the accident results in death or complete paralysis of the third-person.
Reliance Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Third Party Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
This policy provides coverage against the financial and legal liabilities of the third party only.
This policy provides coverage for both ‘Third Party’ and ‘Own Damage’.
Nature of Requirement
This policy has been made mandatory for all car under the Indian Motor Tariff.
This policy is optional and depends on the policyholder’s preference.
It does not offer any add-ons to the policyholders.
It comes with multiple optional add-on covers.
The limited coverage provided by the policy makes it cost-effective.
The variety of add-ons offered under this policy makes it comparatively expensive.
What All Is Covered Under Reliance Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
Reliance third party car insurance plan provides coverage of the following liabilities of the third party in case of a road accident/mishap of the insured’s car:
- Financial Liabilities of third party property damage: Reliance third party car insurance takes care of the property damage incurred by a third party due to the mishap involving the insured’s car.
- Bodily Injuries/ loss of life of third party: The insurer compensates wholly or partially for the third party injury or loss of life in the accident incurred due to the insured’s car. The compensation amount in such cases is settled by the insurer as per the decision of a court of law.
What All Is Not Covered Under Reliance Third Party Car Insurance Plan?
The third party insurance cover offers limited insurance coverage which every policyholder needs to be aware of. Here are the points which are not covered under the third party car insurance policy:
- Damages sustained by the insured car are not covered
- No compensation for injuries suffered by the policyholder
- Optional personal accident cover is not available with the third party cover.
Explore Reliance Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Reliance Car Insurance
- Learn about the most important elements that might affect the cost of your auto insurance.
- Read this article to know about the features and benefits of Reliance Car Insurance.
- Read this article to find out how you can renew your car insurance policy with Reliance General Insurance
- The car insurance policy offered by your car dealer might not be the best policy for you!
- A third party insurance cover is mandatory but not recommended, here's why.
Reliance Car Insurance User Reviews
- Third Party
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
924 Reliance Cashless Garages in India
Reliance Third Party Car Insurance FAQs
What does Reliance General third-party policy cover?
A third-party liability cover purchased by the Reliance General covers the expenses incurred on the following things:
- Damages to a third-party vehicle
- Injury/Death of a third-party
- Damage caused to a third-party property
What is loading?
Loading is an additional cost that is added to the premium when a policy is renewed. The additional cost is only charged when the risk to the policyholder is assessed ‘higher than normal’.
What if I don’t renew my third-party insurance policy?
At first, this will wipe out the cover of third-party liabilities and the insurance company will not be entitled to sanction any claim. Thereafter, your vehicle will also be considered illegal without this mandatory cover.
I have lost my policy documents, what should I do?
There is no need to worry if you have lost your policy documents. You can avail a duplicate copy of your policy against a minimal fee from the nearest branch.
How to cancel a claim, which is already filed?
You can cancel the filed claim before a stipulated time period by calling at the toll-free number: 1800-3009.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023