United India Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
- CASHLESS GARAGES 3,100
- CLAIMS SETTLED 95%
- COMPREHENSIVE CLAIMS UNLIMITED
- Towing Assistance (For Accidents)
- Coverage Outside India
- PSU Provider
- Quick Claim Settlement
Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
United India Comprehensive Insurance
Car insurance is mandatory for every car owner in the country. Though a third-party cover is all that is required to cover for the legal liabilities of a third-party in an event of an accident, a comprehensive insurance does a lot better than that by providing wider coverage. It covers for third party, the insured (driver/owner) and even the vehicle. This means the insured person is free from any liability that may arise post an accident and would also be able to recover a good sum for the repair of the automobile.
But due to vast cover for the liabilities, comprehensive insurance plans are a bit expensive to buy and the premium is higher than what is paid for a third-party insurance cover. However, buying a comprehensive policy is highly recommended for complete peace of mind.
Benefits of United India Comprehensive Insurance
- United India Insurance Company offers a hassle-free claim process in case of theft, though the applicant would need to take care of initial requirements.
- In case of an accident, the insured would get reimbursement for the damaged vehicle (subject to the insurance plan).
- Comprehensive car insurance is applicable outside regular national boundaries. Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are included.
- By paying an additional premium of Rs. 500, you can extend the comprehensive policy coverage to six other countries - Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Srilanka and Maldives.
United India Comprehensive Insurance Claim Process
- Intimate the insurer
The insured needs to get in touch with the nearest UIIC office or branch. Following this, the insurance company will make a survey of the vehicle in question. Hence, if any grave accident has taken place, like fire, etc., the vehicle is to be kept at the accident spot itself.
- Seek medical help and lodge an FIR
The third- party needs to be rushed to the nearest hospital for medical attention. In the unfortunate case of victim’s death , contact the local police. An FIR of the accident is mandatory.
- Documentation and formalities
Submit the claim form and complete all formalities. A copy of FIR will be needed here.
- Surveying of the vehicle and accident spot
The insurance company will visit the spot and perform a final survey.
- Get a repair quote
The vehicle will then be taken to a garage for a repair quote and claim will be disbursed after completion of all formalities.
Explore United India Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying United India Car Insurance
- Read this article to take a note of the things that you should consider while buying a United India car insurance plan.
- Read this article to understand how you can claim your car insurance from the United India Insurance company by following these easy steps.
- Read this article to know how to claim car insurance after an accident from United India.
- Read this article to know everything about Universal Sompo car insurance.
- Third-party insurance for vintage or classic cars is compulsory. Know types of car insurance & factors affecting insurance premium for a vintage car.
United India Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
207 United India Cashless Garages in India
United India Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
Can I file a claim if my car has caught fire and burnt completely in an accident?Yes, the Comprehensive insurance from UIIC covers for any damages sustained on the vehicle. The damaged car will be towed to a garage for a quote on expenses to get it repaired.
I have an occupant in the car at the time of the accident. Can I file a claim for the occupant?A comprehensive insurance covers for occupants in the vehicle too. In case there is an unnamed occupant who has sustained an injury in an accident, the insured can apply for his/her claim too.
Can I transfer the insurance if I transfer ownership of my vehicle to someone else?Yes, this is possible. However, the transfer of insurance needs to be done within 14 days from the actual date of transfer of ownership. Failing to do so, the transfer will not be possible.
Can I substitute my present insured car with another car?The insurance holder can substitute an insured car with another car. But the substitution of car may lead to changes in the premium amount since the insurance on two cars will not be the same. Following the change in the premium amount, the present model and make will be substituted.
If I lose both my limbs in an accident, how much claim can I file for?In case you have sustained a heavy injury like loss of both limbs, you will be entitled to 100% cover. However, in case of loss of one limb from an accident, there would be 50% cover of the amount.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Car insurance compensates you for any damages incurred as a ...10 December 2023
Read along to know why car insurance is important.10 December 2023
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023