Calculate Your Car Insurance Premium Online
Select your car brand
Which city is your car registered in?
When did you buy your car?
What is a Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
A car insurance premium calculator is a digital tool that helps you find the right premium for your Navi car insurance policy. You need to enter some required details about your car like the make of the car, model of the car, variant of the car, registration year of car, RTO location of the car, etc., on the premium calculator. This will show you the car insurance premium for the selected plan by different insurance companies in the market. Comparing the premium amount of several insurers will help you find the best car insurance plan that meets your budget and requirements.
How to Use a Car Insurance Premium Calculator?
It is simple to compute the car insurance premium by using a premium calculator. Here are some steps to calculate it:
Step 1: Enter the Make, Model, Variant and Fuel Type of your car.
Step 2: Enter the RTO Location and Year of Purchase of your car.
Step 3: Tell us, if you have made any claim in your last policy term.
Step 4: Click on the ‘Calculate’ link and you will get the right IDV and premium value for your car insurance.
Benefits of Car Insurance Premium Calculator
When it comes to car insurance premium calculator, it brings several benefits with it which are as follow:
- Right Insured Declared Value (IDV) – You can get the correct value of your IDV with the car insurance premium calculator by filling up the make, model, fuel type, car age, etc. With the value of IDV, you can select an optimum level of the claim amount that you will be eligible to receive from your insurer in case your car gets stolen or suffered a total loss.
- Correct Cost of Premium - To compute the right premium amount for your car insurance is the core objective of the premium calculator. By showing you accurate premium costs of several car insurance plans, it helps you opt for a car insurance policy for your car’s safety based on your budget as well as needs.
- Better Your Decision Making – The premium calculator helps you to be informed about the current and correct market value of your car and the rate of premium provided by different insurance firms in the market. With the knowledge of the IDV and the premium amount of different car insurance policies, you can make the right choice to pick the car insurance policy.
- To Get a Cost-Effective Policy – With the amount of premium and IDV of different car insurance policies calculated by the premium calculator, it will become quite easier for you to opt for a cost-effective car insurance plan to secure your car. In simple terms, the premium calculator tool will help you opt for an economical car insurance plan.
Third Party Car Insurance Premium Rate
|Engine Capacity||Premium To Buy A New Policy (3-Year Plan)||Premium To Renew Existing Policy (1-Year Plan)|
|Under 1,000 cc||Rs. 5,268||Rs. 2,072|
|Between 1,000 cc and 1,500 cc||Rs. 9,534||Rs. 3,221|
|Above 1,500 cc||Rs. 24,305||Rs. 7,890|
Source: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI))
Premium for Comprehensive and Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Plans
The premium amount of standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance plans is based on several components which comprise the make of the car, model of the car, variant of the car, fuel type of the car, RTO location of the car, etc. You can get the premium amount for your car insurance by entering the required details about your car with the assistance of the premium calculator.
Factors Which Determine Car Insurance Premium
Here are some elements which impact the amount of premium for car insurance:
- Insured Declared Value (IDV): The IDV is the highest amount that policyholders can get as a claim from their insurance companies if their car sustains accidental damage or theft. The value of IDV is determined by the insurance companies based on the make, model, and variant of the car. The higher your car’s IDV will be, the higher will be the premium cost that you will have to pay for the car insurance policy.
- Engine’s Cubic Capacity: The cubic capacity of your car influences the premium amount of your car insurance. The higher will be the cubic capacity of your car, the more consumables will tend to be utilised by the car due to which you are required to pay a higher amount of premium if your car holds a higher cubic capacity and vice versa.
- Add-On Covers Opted: Add-on covers are the policy options which are designed to provide you with extended coverage on your car insurance policy. You can purchase add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, roadside assistance cover, and so on, by paying a little extra premium amount to enhance the coverage of your car insurance policy.
- Anti-Theft Devices: With the installation of anti-theft devices in your car, you can reduce the possibility of your car getting stolen that reduces the burden to cover the loss on the insurance company. Therefore, if you install some anti-theft devices in your car, which are ARAI approved, then you may be charged a lesser premium by your insurance company.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB): No Claim Bonus (NCB) is an important element that affects the premium of your car insurance policy. The NCB is a reward that insurance companies offer to their policyholders for making no claim in a policy year. This benefit is available in terms of percentage discount which ranges from 20% and 50% and is applicable on car insurance premiums which policyholders have to pay in the next year.
Must Read Articles before buying Navi Car Insurance
- Navi Car Insurance offers an online service to settle claims. Read to know more about the claim settlement process of Navi Car Insurance.
- Read this article to know all about roadside assistance covered by Navi Car Insurance.
- Read this article to find out everything you need to know about the self-inspection process at Navi General Insurance.
Navi Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Zero Depreciation
- Third Party
- Own Damage
- Cashless Garages
- Policy Download
- Customer Care
- Add On
Navi Car Insurance Premium Calculator FAQs
Why should I use the car insurance premium calculator?
The premium calculator is an online instrument which computes the premium amount and IDV value provided by several insurance companies in the market. This will help you opt for a better car insurance policy.
How can I avail the premium calculator to compute the premium amount?
You can use the premium calculator to calculate the Insured Declared Value (IDV) and premium amount for your car insurance policy at the official website of InsuranceDekho, i.e., www.insurancedekho.com.
What factors impact the premium amount of a bike insurance plan?
Factors that influence the premium of your car insurance plan are as follow:
- Age of the Owner
- Anti-Theft Devices
- No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- Engine’s Cubic Capacity
- Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Can a premium calculator calculate the insurance premium for my old car?
Yes, the premium calculator can compute the amount of premium offered by different insurance companies for old cars, which will help you choose a car insurance plan that offers premium based on your budget and requirements. In short, the premium calculator is capable of helping you get premium amounts for new and old cars.
What details should I enter to compute the premium on the premium calculator?
You will be required to enter some details on the premium calculator such as make, model and variant of your car, fuel type of your car, RTO location of your car, engine capacity of your car, registration year of your car, and so on, to get the cost of premium offered by several insurance companies.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
Pulled over by the traffic police? Read this article to know...11 November 2023
We often look for a cheap car insurance policy. However, it ...11 November 2023
Misplaced your insurance papers? Here is what you need to do...26 October 2023
Passenger insurance provides financial protection for passen...26 October 2023
When purchasing car insurance, it's crucial to comprehend th...26 October 2023