Travelling to different countries is like therapy for many of us. Spain is a popular travel destination that is visited by tourists from all over the world. There are many who also travel to Spain to pursue higher education as well as to attend business conferences and accomplish other business needs. No matter what are your reasons for travelling to Spain, there is one thing that you must apply for even before booking the tickets and that is the Spanish Visa. A Spanish Visa is one that grants legal authority to foreigners to enter the territory of Spain. Along with a Spanish Visa, you also need to have travel insurance. Read on to know more about Spanish Visa.
- Loss of passport
- Emergency Medical cover
- Trip delay cover
- Loss of baggage cover
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
Features Of Spain Visa
Listed below are some of the features of the Spanish visa:
- The Spanish Visa is of different types based on the travel purpose
- The Spanish Visa can either be issued for a long-term or short-term
- A travel insurance is a must-have for all those applying for Spanish Visa
- The Spanish Visa can be applied on the official website of VFS Global or BLS International
Types Of Spain Visa
Depending on the objective of travel, the Spain Visa is of varied types. Listed below are the major types of Spain visas that Indians can apply for:
As the name implies, Spain Short-Term Visa is which allows foreigners to stay in Spain for a maximum period of 90 days. Further, depending on the need, Spain Short Term Visa is categorised into the following different types:
- Tourist Visa: A Spain Tourist Visa is applied by those who are travelling to Spain for leisure purposes and for exploring its beauty. The applicants for Tourist Visa must however validate with supporting documents that they are travelling to Spain for mere tourist purposes.
- Business Visa: All those who are going to Spain to attend a business trip, meetings or conferences are eligible to apply for a Spain Business Visa. Please note that this visa does not permit you to work in Spain.
- Airport Transit Visa: If you have a connecting flight from Spain, then you need to apply for an Airport Transit Visa. But, airport transit visa holders are not allowed to exit the transit area of the airport.
- Transit Visa for Seamen: Just like Airport Transit Visa, the Transit Visa for Seamen can be applied by those who are travelling on a ship via Spain. This visa allows individuals to stay in Spain for 5 days after which they need to start their onward journey.
- Family Member Visa: This type of visa can be applied by those who are going to Spain to meet their family members, who are residents of Spain.
National Spain Visa
Unlike the Short Term Visa, Spain National Visa, also known as a long-term visa allows individuals to stay in Spain for more than 90 days.
- Work Visa: The work visa for Spain allows foreigners to work in Spain. However, in this case, individuals need to submit documents supporting that they will live in Spain to work. It includes those going to Spain from their company’s side, as self-entrepreneurs, to conduct research, and more.
- Student Visa: A foreigner who is enrolled in a Spanish university is eligible to apply for a Spain Student Visa.
- Family Reunification Visa: This is a long-term visa that permits family members of Spain residents to stay in Spain for more than 90 days.
Spain Visa Application Process
The process of applying for a Spanish visa is quite simple. Listed below are the steps you need to follow to apply for a Spanish visa:
- First, visit the official website of BLS International or you can also click on the website of VFS Global
- Then, select the type of visa you wish to apply for
- Download the visa application form and fill it and also collect all the required documents including travel insurance
- Fill out the Spanish visa application form and submit it at the office designated by BLS International
- You also need to submit all the required documents along with the visa application form
- Then, pay the applicable visa fees and also give biometrics if needed
Documents Required For Spain Visa Application
Listed below are the essential documents that are required for a Spanish visa application form:
- A duly-filled Spanish visa application form
- Coloured passport size photograph
- A copy of passport
- A valid travel insurance policy
- Income proof
- Flight or hotel booking receipt
- A signed BLS authorisation form
Apart from the above-mentioned documents, there are certain other documents that can be required depending on the visa you are applying for. For instance, if you are applying for a Student Visa, then you will need to submit a university letter. If you are applying for a business visa then you will need to submit business papers, similarly for other types of visas.
Spain Visa Fees
All those applying for a Spanish Visa are supposed to pay visa processing fees. Depending on the age, applicants are supposed to pay visa fees as the following:
|Above 12 years
|Between 6-12 years
Apart from this, visa applicants will also have to pay an additional service fee of INR 1237. The Spanish Visa fees can be paid online and offline. You can pay the Spanish visa fees through NEFT, RTGS, or IMPS online mode. Alternatively, you can pay through the offline mode either through demand draft or cash.
Process To Check Spain Visa
If you apply for a Spanish visa, then it is also important to keep track of the application status. Here is how can you can track the status of the Spanish visa application form:
- You can either click on the official website of BLS International or VFS Global
- Then, click on the ‘track application’ or ‘visa status inquiry’ icon
- Enter the visa application number along with details like date of birth, passport number, etc.
- Also, enter the captcha and then click on the check status icon. After this, you will be able to view the status of your Spanish visa application form.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are some of the major types of Spanish visas?
Some of the major types of Spanish visas are work visas, business visas, student visas, transit visas, tourist visas, and a few others.
Do I also need travel insurance when applying for a Spanish visa?
Yes, you also need to have travel insurance when applying for a Spanish visa.
Who can apply for the Spain Airport Transit Visa?
All those who have a connecting flight from Spain can apply for Spain Airport Transit Visa. But, applicants of this cannot exit the airport transit area.
What are the visa fees for applying for a Spanish visa?
If you are between 6-12 years, then the visa fee is INR 2802 and for individuals above 12 years, teh visa fee is INR 4804.
Where can I apply for a Spanish visa?
You can apply for a Spanish visa on the official website of VFS Global or BLS International.